Even though I wiped and reset the device, Search icon with magnifier doesn't show up and shortcut, s, doesn't work neither. How can I get it back? I thought it was very basic function of BB.
    07-23-12 05:42 AM
    You can still search via universal search. Just start typing in whatever you're looking for.

However, if you prefer application shortcuts, on your homescreen, press menu>options. Then, under Launch by Typing, make sure it says Application Shortcuts.
    07-23-12 01:13 PM
    I sometimes have a few icons disappear. I think it happens because of themes. I change back to the stock theme, do a battery pull, and get the lost icon back.
    07-23-12 07:38 PM
    I use default theme named BlackBerry 6.
    What I don't understand is fact that I can't get it back through the wipe/reset.
    No search icon on Home and I can't find it neither by typing "search" on universal search bar.
    Literally, "search" is gone.

* I can see it only from my old backup data... If I restore old backup data, the search icon shows up normally.
    07-24-12 04:03 AM
    Interesting. I was thinking it's an OS build flaw, but backup data restoring it probably means otherwise.

You could try doing a selective restore for it, but I don't know which category it would be.
    07-24-12 09:30 AM
    Your search icon might be hidden in a folder, if it shows up from a backup.
    07-24-12 07:34 PM
    I have already checked for that case.
    Search icon is hidden in my old data so when I search it, it looks translucent.
    But any type of search icon never show up in wipe/reset case.
    Damn it! I think some kind of software of my device has been totally messed up.
    07-24-12 10:29 PM
    I have already checked for that case.
    Search icon is hidden in my old data so when I search it, it looks translucent.
    But any type of search icon never show up in wipe/reset case.
    Damn it! I think some kind of software of my device has been totally messed up.
    Some kind of software????

You really don't explain very well the entire situation.

Finding out what happened depends on what you tell us. Start from the beginning instead of the end, please.

1. How long have you had your phone?
    2. Did you have the search icon/app when you first got the phone?
    3. By "old data" do you mean your old BACKUPS?
    4. Did you upgrade to newer versions of OS6?
    5. Why did you wipe your device?
    6. Were you having other issues besides the missing search?
    7. When did you notice your search was missing?

Only by you giving us a clear picture of the entire situation, then we can further guide you.
    07-26-12 08:48 AM
    Some kind of software????

You really don't explain very well the entire situation.

Finding out what happened depends on what you tell us. Start from the beginning instead of the end, please.

1. How long have you had your phone?
    2. Did you have the search icon/app when you first got the phone?
    3. By "old data" do you mean your old BACKUPS?
    4. Did you upgrade to newer versions of OS6?
    5. Why did you wipe your device?
    6. Were you having other issues besides the missing search?
    7. When did you notice your search was missing?

Only by you giving us a clear picture of the entire situation, then we can further guide you.
    I'm very sorry for my bad explanation. English is not my mother tongue.

1. Almost a year.
    2. Yes, I do.
    3. Yes. I made backup file in the past via BB Desktop Software.
    4. Yes. .723
    5. I installed some themes but those didn't work shortcut 's', so I erased it and applied the theme that I used without any problem with 's', but after then shortcut 's' didn't work in the old theme neither. Unfortunately I did not check whether search icon was gone or not that time. I hide it usually. That's why I wipe the device and reinstalled the OS again.
    6. None. Just search thing...
    7. Right after I reinstalled the OS. There was no search icon to hide. I couldn't find it through universal search by typing "search". There's no way to find search icon in my device now.

Oh, and the icon search(legacy?)... is it right? I can't check the spelling because I couldn't find it either.

and I want to say thank you for kindness.
    07-27-12 07:39 AM
    I too am missing my search icon, and I too KNOW for sure I used to have it.

I believe it's an OS issue, because I'm 95% sure that I didn't delete it. I'm running .722
    07-27-12 11:46 AM
    Okay. I don't know why your thread was moved. Do you have a 9780?

I am using .723 and my search icon works using the default BlackBerry 6 theme. I don't know if hiding the search caused your problem, or if it was deleting the themes you didn't like is the issue.

I would suggest using BBSAK to backup your apps and themes. Then using Desktop Manager 6.1, select "Reset to factory settings".

Your phone will be on the original OS. Try the search icon to make sure it works. Also check in Options - Display - Home Screen Preferences - Launch by Typing, you have Application Shortcuts selected.

If it is working, then you can try to restore your backup. Don't restore any third party themes. If you lose the search icon again, something is wrong with your backup file.

If your search icon is there after putting the backup on, then try to upgrade to .723 again.

If your default theme has the search icon after re-installing .723, then use BBSAK to re-install your apps and themes one at a time, and check to see if your search is still working.

P.S. Please fill out your CrackBerry profile. It helps us to answer your questions by knowing your BlackBerry model and carrier info.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 07-28-12 at 07:46 AM.
    07-28-12 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD