Whether it is chimpanzee, gorilla or orangutan glass, I am keeping my screen protector on at all times.

Not only does it serve for glare when I am working up on the roof, but also prevents sand, grit, pebbles, etc. from scratching the screen.

Reminds me of the luggage commercial years ago with the gorilla jumping on the bags lol! It's gorilla proof.
    09-28-11 01:41 PM

I haven't had a case on my new Bold 9930 since release and the whole thing looks impeccable. Like Fusion said, be careful of the plastic composite on the battery door as it will get fine scratches easily. After some time it looks like you can polish it to get fine scratches out though.
    Agreed. The battery cover appears to be the easiest thing on the whole phone to scratch.
    09-28-11 01:47 PM
    Hi fusion dreamer,
    Thanks for testing the screen for us.

But it would have been even better if you video it down and post it on YouTube for all to see.

Cheers
    Chris
    09-28-11 01:57 PM
    Not possible kingkong its Gorrila Glass
    RIM doesn't use Gorrila Glass in any of their devices. The 99xx has "hardened glass"!
    09-28-11 02:05 PM
    Zaggs are basically invisible lol I'm still rolling with a Zagg!
    09-28-11 02:12 PM
    Zaggs are basically invisible lol I'm still rolling with a Zagg!
    Yeah Zaggs are basically invisible...

Except there's a logo on the bottom right of the screen protector.

Also ill try and get a video today, maybe. No promises.
    09-28-11 02:14 PM
    I'd also like to see a video... I've got a screen protector on mine, and I'm kind of OCD, so I'll probably keep it on there regardless... just curious.
    09-28-11 02:22 PM
    Really that strong..?
    I just put on screen protector today. First i tried the Matte type, iyaks, the screen become so blur and unpleasant to read at all. The shop told me there already tiny scratches on the screen, i am surprised because i have taken care on the phone, never been together with key or hard objects. I did not really have a close look after that because the protector is applied and unable to find the scratches.

After 2 hours i went to another shop to change to clear type, matte is just unbearable for me on 9900, the 'non-focus' display strained my eyes badly. 1 reason could be i set the font smaller than default setting, but in overall i feel like looking at a screen that is slightly out of focus.

The 2nd shop did not mention anything about the scratch, and i forgot to check before the protector applied. However i didn't notice ay scratch after that, and i am pretty happy with the screen now. The bezel did get a few scratches here and there, that is Stainless Steel i guess?
    09-28-11 02:53 PM
    Sorry dude, they must've used chimpanzee glass for mine cause there's a scratch. Its not blatant but depending on how light hits the screen its clearly visible...
    Lol chimp. Hmm are u talking about the straight lines you see when sunlight hits it? Those are just the touchscreen sensors

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 03:01 PM
    I went today to the Zagg kiosk, had the full body protector put on my Bold 9930. I love it. The protector gives the phone a better grip and makes it look so much better. I don't like cases and I'm too afraid of getting the bare screen scratched. I've read through several threads regarding the screen and I highly recommend getting one.

09-28-11 09:44 PM
    Died waiting for the video xD
    wolfee48 and Mack Gans like this.
    09-30-11 11:26 PM
    Ive had iPhones (3G, GS and 4), Evo 4G, Droid Charge and now a BB 9930 which I have had for 3 weeks.

None of the iPhone or Android devices ever scratched and I had no screen protection at all. I DO have a small hairline scratch on the BB, only noticable when the screen is off, and it had to have been keys that caused it.

That being said, no big deal to me. Im using the **** out of it and its an awesome looking device. If it starts to bother me, ill replace it.
    12-22-11 11:30 AM
    But I still have some scratches on screen, why are they so? They're soo thin like hairs. Just the way you comb your head placing Bold 9900 under your head... Any tips for me, I'm having no screen pro..
    10-02-13 01:02 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD