Trying to find the OEM BlackBerry leather sleeve but it seems to be unavailable for about another week or so. Damn.
    09-06-11 02:54 PM
    Is this the one? Vikuiti ADQC27 SCREEN PROTECTOR by 3M for BlackBerry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I got some screen protectors off ebay very cheap, but it's scratched in 2 days and I's just not going to last The one on my 9700 lasted 18 months but this is nothing like as good.
    09-06-11 03:01 PM
    Thanks for a 3M link btw :P. Would've been a bit corteous given your lengthy stance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey no sweat,

http://www.google.com/

Let me know when they get one for the 99XX.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-06-11 at 04:15 PM.
    09-06-11 04:04 PM
    Is this the one? Vikuiti ADQC27 SCREEN PROTECTOR by 3M for BlackBerry: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I got some screen protectors off ebay very cheap, but it's scratched in 2 days and I's just not going to last The one on my 9700 lasted 18 months but this is nothing like as good.
    Looks good, thanks for the link.

09-06-11 04:10 PM
    Natural View Glossy or Privacy, your choice.

http://services.shop3m.com/search/?keyword=blackberry

I have been using the Natural View for 2+ years and you cant tell the difference between it and the naked screen.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 09-06-11 at 04:23 PM.
    09-06-11 04:18 PM
    i cant believe some of you guys can justify spending 20$ on a sheet of plastic. that is absolutely absurd no matter how you look at it. i bought a screen protector for 3$ on amazon (even that was too much money)and it works/looks just fine.
    same here.
    09-06-11 05:19 PM
    I always use a screen protector. I once had a BB that I scratched after the first week and I hated it as soon as I did it. After that, I protected all my devices with a screen protector.
    09-06-11 06:16 PM
    Oh my, I think (IMO) screen protectors make bb's look cheap. Use the phone and enjoy it. xo holla

09-06-11 06:26 PM
    Last I checked 3M does not have screen protector or privacy screen for the 9900/9930 yet
    09-06-11 06:32 PM
    with all due respect to Dx3me, who started this huge thread, we can't eaasily count up all the replies. I'm going to start a poll thread taht will autotabulate the results for us.
    09-06-11 07:34 PM
    I had the Tru Protection one. Went on very easy but took away from the screen imo. Made my screen too dull so I took it off.

Thanks for the review

09-06-11 08:14 PM
    Last I checked 3M does not have screen protector or privacy screen for the 9900/9930 yet
    Actually, yes, they do make a screen pro for the 9900. They make screens for almost every communication device in the world. I use one of their products for my Playbook's screen.

They will ship 4inch x 8 inch (proof) for 7.99 USF to almost anywhere in the world. They don't call them screen protectors, they are usually called Safety Shield, if you feel like a Google adventure, search for 3M Convenience Group +Safety films. I had the site booked marked, but have since lost it. You are looking through their consumer products, when you should be looking as a contractor/project manager.
    09-06-11 08:23 PM
    I bought a very cheap one for $5. Its always good to have one as security just incase one day you randomly drop it and it skims the side of a desk or something sharp.
    09-06-11 08:29 PM
    09-06-11 09:06 PM
    i never use screen protectors because i cant install them right, always comes up with ugly bubbles, so i gave up. But if i ever decide to install I'd buy Seidio product, this is only brand i trust for my bb devices..check this out, i got email from them this morning.

seidioonline.com
    09-06-11 09:57 PM
    Thx for this post, i have this page bookmarked, hey you never know, right?
    09-06-11 09:58 PM
    i never use screen protectors because i cant install them right, always comes up with ugly bubbles, so i gave up. But if i ever decide to install I'd buy Seidio product, this is only brand i trust for my bb devices..check this out, i got email from them this morning.

seidioonline.com
    Vzw sells a 3 pack, works well, but does dull the screen a bit.

09-06-11 10:05 PM
    If the screen protector will protect against the glass shattering, I'll get it, otherwise it makes the screen look dull and the feel of them is usually not too great.
    09-06-11 10:58 PM
    If the screen protector will protect against the glass shattering, I'll get it, otherwise it makes the screen look dull and the feel of them is usually not too great.
    Good point...but I'm not so sure it's even glass. Seems similar to a 'poly-carb' sunglass lens

09-06-11 11:12 PM
    From my own personal experience, I say Screen protector for sure. I put a screen protector on my new 9930 on Friday. Checked the phone out on Sunday and there it was, a scratch that went from the lower left of the screen across the berry button to the # 3 key. Don't ask me how I got it. Of course I am beside myself because my new baby is scratched. My only consolation is that the actual screen is not damaged just the screen protector and a small area of the case. A word to the wise.........
    09-06-11 11:37 PM
    Blackberry 9930 Bold Screen Protector from Clarivue

they have 3 kinds... mirror finish, privacy glass, and the standard screen protector... and use this coupon code for an additional discount...

clarivue1210

nobody can ever tell I'm using a screen protector... for me, it's more of a fingerprint wiper, lol...

they make some top quality stuff, covers the entire glass incase anyone's wondering...
    ankupan likes this.
    09-06-11 11:42 PM
    I have an Otterbox and the screen protector. I use mine often enough dragging it in and out of my pocket that dropping it at some point is inevitable. I dropped a phone a long time ago and had to live with a cracked case that drove me nuts everyone I looked at it....but that's just me. I'm sure there are other people who feel the same way about their phone as I do.
    Protect it!
    09-07-11 03:58 AM
    Anyone can recommend a GLARE FREE screen film that also covers the full screen? (besides Clarivue)
    I installed a Case Mate one thinking it was a good brand. It doesnt cover the whole screen, u can see its edges, and the colors and picture quality is reduced (u see small pixels and the white background looks bad (glazing effect)

Any other recommendations?
    09-07-11 07:36 AM
    Anyone can recommend a GLARE FREE screen film that also covers the full screen? (besides Clarivue)
    I installed a Case Mate one thinking it was a good brand. It doesnt cover the whole screen, u can see its edges, and the colors and picture quality is reduced (u see small pixels and the white background looks bad (glazing effect)

Any other recommendations?
    Typo: i meant Dazzle-Free (the rainbowy pixels is called the Dazzling effect as defined by capdase on their website)
    09-07-11 07:46 AM
    Never a screen-protector (foil)!
    1. It makes no sense to me to buy a device with a high resolution display and to "downgrade" the splendor and brilliance of the display with a piece of plastic wrap. The foil procreates what we try to avoid- a muddy display!
    2. The heat dissipation will be degraded....
    3. Treat your BB like a piece of jewelry and it will be injured by nothing!
    4 The standard-holster or case will be protection enough und should be the habitual residence of a BB...
    5. I dont know, but I would imagine, that also the "touch-performance" could suffer...
    09-07-11 08:12 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD