Hello:

I have a new 9650 and my wife got a new tour 9630 (it was free). We are most concerned with getting scratches on the screen. There is a kiosk at the local mall that has the Zagg invisible shield with free installation. Is this a good product?

I was also looking at PhantomSkinz, but I would prefer to have someone else install it.

Thoughts?
    06-30-10 08:25 AM
    I just usually go to my local Verizon franchise store and have them put a basic protector on. The kind that are like $10 for a pack of three. When I went in with my new Bold, they didn't have the Bold specific ones in yet, so the awesome manager custom cut one for me to fit and didn't charge me a penny for it.

What customer service!!!!!

Freedom Wireless in Newburyport, MA FTW!!!!!

Thanks Dara!!!!!
    06-30-10 08:33 AM
    I use the same methos as jlb21 and have never had any screen scratching issues.
    06-30-10 08:42 AM
    i have a kiosk at my local mall and its zagg. I tried it, it is good, its basically scratch proof. If u dig your nail into it u can see the mark slowly disappear. It does have a slight rubbery feel. And it does reflect a bit . I had this for a month now and i love it.
    if u do get it one word of caution, Let the screen settle overnite and it will look smooth.
    06-30-10 08:43 AM
    I love zagg but due to my improper installation I got water damage on my bold. Ill never zagg my bold again. I ordered a cruviev one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 09:13 AM
    Phantomskinz are also very good.
    06-30-10 09:35 AM
    If u just want a crystal clear screen protector, I like clarivue and seido. I've used both on a tour and a bold and can't say I prefer one over the other. The only difference that I see is that the clarivue has rounded corners and the seido has sharp corners.

06-30-10 09:48 AM
    I ordered one from Blackberry.com specifically made for my tour- it is the best the I have ever used. It is cut perfectly to size and no air bubbles.
    06-30-10 11:21 AM
    I use the completely free one that fits perfectly with no air bubbles and came pre-installed on my Tour and now on my new Bold.
    06-30-10 11:26 AM
    I use a privacy screen cut for a 9630 and it installs with no water and lifts up and off several times and back again leaving no residue. It fits perfectly and provides privacy and you can see colors clearly.

I love it!

Oh and no orange peel look, no water bubbles, no scratching, no waiting for anything to dry, blah, blah, blah
    06-30-10 12:56 PM
    Been using these on all my BBs for sometime. Excellent quality, long lasting, and easy to put on:

Steinheil Crystal for BlackBerry Tour 9630

Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for BlackBerry Tour 9630

(Screen on 9630 is same size as 9650)
    06-30-10 01:05 PM
    I have a zagg on my bold, and it protects the screen great. It was a bit of a pain to put on, but only takes a few minutes. Overall the zagg is a good protector. My wife has the privacy screen on her tour, and she loves it. The colors look great, and you can still see the screen no problem. I must say it was easier to put on then the zagg, but I don't thing it will protect the screen as well as the zagg. Also I paid about $20 for the zagg at Best Buy, and paid about $13 for the privacy screen at my local Verizon store.
    06-30-10 02:32 PM
    Verizon privacy protector here. First one was for the Tour, and it held up very well. They are very easy to apply, and no air bubbles. Just bought another today for the Bold, and its defective. Two odd lines on right part of screen protector, and very noticable on messaging screens. Steinheil is looking like a good option to try.
    07-01-10 08:15 PM
    I use a privacy screen cut for a 9630 and it installs with no water and lifts up and off several times and back again leaving no residue. It fits perfectly and provides privacy and you can see colors clearly.

I love it!

Oh and no orange peel look, no water bubbles, no scratching, no waiting for anything to dry, blah, blah, blah
    And she nails it right out of the park!
    07-01-10 08:48 PM
    The best one I have found is the one from Stealth Guard Protectors. You get two full body skins for $9.99. I have used BSE and Zagg but like these the best, especially for the price. I have had mine since Feb with no issues.
    07-01-10 09:17 PM
    I don't like IS

07-01-10 10:16 PM
    The screen protector I got from Verizon store fit my Bold perfectly. It was easy to apply, it is made of relatively thick material, and it is also polarized for privacy. I love it. It was the very first thing I applied when the unit came out of the box.
    07-01-10 10:21 PM
    Just put on my PhantomSkinz screen protector today. It's pretty good. It wasn't that hard to apply either. When the screen is on, you can't tell that anything is placed in front of the screen which means its very clear. However, when the screen is off and tilted to the side, you can see an orange peel effect. This is more of an observation rather than a complaint. Lastly, the film is very smooth to the touch. Oils from the hand/face don't really show up on it. The fit is also perfect and tightly attached to the screen.
    07-02-10 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD