I have been having the dreaded flickering white screen issue for a while. Recently, I went to a repair shop to have the screen replaced. The repair guy replaced the screen, but the new screen is doing the same thing, so he concluded it's a bad motherboard. Is this possible, when the rest of the phone is working fine?
    06-04-13 09:44 AM
    I've never really heard of your issue but I do believe that other things can effect the touch screen on the device. I completely changed my screen on my 9900 and yet there is still one part of the screen that barely responds to touch. I have no idea what else it could be so I would assume your device is experiencing the same.

Sad part is I don't think BBOS has any kind of touch calibration in the OS to resolve this
    06-04-13 10:02 AM
    Thanks Rello. I've read a few threads about this issue in the 9780 sub-forum, and all threads seem to indicate a hardware issue. But none of the suggested fixes have anything to do with a motherboard replacement, which is why I was wondering if this could be the result of a faulty motherboard...that's only faulty when it comes to the screen. Seems a bit odd to me.
    06-04-13 10:17 AM
    Thanks Rello. I've read a few threads about this issue in the 9780 sub-forum, and all threads seem to indicate a hardware issue. But none of the suggested fixes have anything to do with a motherboard replacement, which is why I was wondering if this could be the result of a faulty motherboard...that's only faulty when it comes to the screen. Seems a bit odd to me.
    I completely understand. Personally, I wanted to replace the motherboard and see if that would fix it but I can't justify putting any more money into my 9900 when I'm looking to get a Z10. I wish I could help you more but after everything I've been thru with my 9900, I'm convinced that something in the motherboard can effect the screens performance.
    06-04-13 06:23 PM