got my 9650 last thursday. yesterday I was comparing it to my 9630 hardware-wise, and i found something that looked interesting. When you look at the 650 (mine anyway) at a certain angle, you can see that the area directly below the screen is raised. I know the entire keyboard is raised a little compared to the 9630. but it also seems that the area where the menu, escape, call and end buttons are is also raised. and when you look at the phone a certain way, it kinda seems like the screen is much lower than the keypad, therefore it is not flush with the keypad. anyone else notice this?
    05-24-10 09:59 AM
    yea i see that on mines too i dont think that would cause an issue just built that way i guess
    05-24-10 10:11 AM
    it's the design... if you look at it from the end... you'll see slight curvature across the keyboard (this is what "opens up" the keyboard and makes typing even better than a 9700, despite same key size)... that's why the screen look more "sunken" in... because it's perfectly flat vs the curvature of the rest of the front of the 9650... it's normal... nothing to be worried about
    05-24-10 10:16 AM
    There's actually a small lip on the top and bottom but the sides are flush. I love it though.
    05-24-10 11:54 AM
    My "D" or "5" key has a bump on it. Why is that, is that a defect. Should I send it back or exchange it for a new one.
    05-24-10 02:51 PM
    My "D" or "5" key has a bump on it. Why is that, is that a defect. Should I send it back or exchange it for a new one.
    It's there for the same reason that there's one on the "5" key of your home phone. Or the "j" and "f" key on your computers keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 03:46 PM
    No need to. The bump on the "D" key is actually indicating the "5" key, which is the center of the dialing pad. It's there as an indicator so that when a user feels it, they know the key they are on. Makes it easier to dial without looking at the keypad.

05-24-10 03:53 PM
    umm..can you spell "screen protector"?..lol

intelligent piece of mechanical design in my book!

got my 9650 last thursday. yesterday I was comparing it to my 9630 hardware-wise, and i found something that looked interesting. When you look at the 650 (mine anyway) at a certain angle, you can see that the area directly below the screen is raised. I know the entire keyboard is raised a little compared to the 9630. but it also seems that the area where the menu, escape, call and end buttons are is also raised. and when you look at the phone a certain way, it kinda seems like the screen is much lower than the keypad, therefore it is not flush with the keypad. anyone else notice this?
    05-24-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD