As most of u are aware, by pressing A ...the keypad will be locked.
    But I tried on my 8800, it prompt me to assign a number for speed dial.

Anyone has any solution to that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 12:17 AM
    I noticed that with my curve as well, I just set it to my left convenience key works pretty good.
    06-23-09 12:19 AM
    my old Curve 8310 didnt allow me to do it either. i think it only works on the newer models.
    06-23-09 01:34 AM
    the point is that i dont think he can assign "A" as a short-cut key to lock the phone. i think this is only a function of the newer models (OS's 4.6 and above). "A" can only be assigned as a speed dial.
    06-23-09 04:32 AM
    On older models - hold down the key which contains the " * " symbol and it locks the keyboard. Its not actually the "A" key ....
    Last edited by ST79; 06-23-09 at 06:59 AM.
    06-23-09 06:56 AM
    the point is that i dont think he can assign "A" as a short-cut key to lock the phone. i think this is only a function of the newer models (OS's 4.6 and above). "A" can only be assigned as a speed dial.
    I believe u are right, search the net for ans but no luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 08:58 AM
    On older models - hold down the key which contains the " * " symbol and it locks the keyboard. Its not actually the "A" key ....
    Every single GSM phone I've ever used - this is the shortcut to lock your phone.

Only when I started trolling BB forums did ppl state the "A" key - which i guess is just because that's where the * is.

# will put your phone in vib mode - again, this has been true for every GSM phone i've ever used.

Edit: by VIB mode i mean "silent" - which differs from model to model :P
    06-23-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD