View Poll Results: What Do You Think it is?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battery Issue

1 50.00%
  • Software Issue

0 0%
  • Phone Damage

1 50.00%
    I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 from AT&T that I have been using temporarily over the past few months due to my ex boyfriend destroying my Bold 9780. Anyway, the phone was working just fine until one day after having the phone on the charger I come back to find the phone continually power cycling. At this point the phone would no longer hold a charge so I then looked online to try and see what the issue was and came across a forum which suggested that I update the phone's software. So I then update the phone's software which still does not fix the problem. I purchased a new battery and this also failed to resolve the issue. At this point the only way I can get the phone to power on is by charging the battery externally and then re-inserting the battery, however when doing so the phone only stays on for a few minutes before the screen randomly starts to fade to white. It will NOT charge with a regular wall/car charger, but will sometimes stay powered on if I have it hooked up to my computer with a USB chord, but as soon as I unplug it the screen immediately fades to white again. I was told it was the battery, but clearly that wasn't the issue, and updating as well as downgrading the OS doesn't seem to resolve this issue either. I have ran across quite a few forum posts regarding this but still haven't come across a solid solution to the problem. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so what did you do to fix your Blackberry if anything? This is really frustrating.
    04-19-13 05:33 AM
    Did you buy a genuine BB batttery or some cheap knockoff on eBay (or some other auction site)?
    04-21-13 01:34 PM
    It was an original Blackberry battery. Also both batteries work in other blackberry phones except mine, so I KNOW it's the phone and not the battery.
    04-21-13 01:43 PM
    I have 3 old batteries. All 3 works fine on a 9700. 2 of em whitescreens, one of which does it almost immediately after unplugging after an overnight charge. Probably because of the 9000's significantly higher power draw.
    05-08-13 02:21 AM
    Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense. I finally switched to the iPhone though. Blackberry really needs to get it together.
    05-08-13 02:32 AM