when ever i take a call or call someone, alot of oil and sweat comes on the screen, i do not sweat that much nor do i secrete excess oil on my face but still my 9780 is totally smudged by oil, this is my first berry and never in my life i have faced such a problem with any other mobiles, could you guys give any tips on how to keep my bb screen clean and shiny, and also how to clean it regularly.
    i use microfiber cloth with some glass cleaner spray on it to clean it but after every call it gets smudged again and i can't clean it up after every damn call!!

PS: don't tell me to wash my face often coz i already do that and trust me no oil on my face but still when i place call the screen is smudged
    09-01-11 03:24 AM
    there looks to be screen protectors in the crackberry store. they come in bundles so if one starts to wear down then you can just replace it easy and still keep the original screen in good nick for when you want to sell.
    09-01-11 04:15 AM
    I have a screen protector and don't usually have that problem. However, every couple days I wipe down my device with a damp paper towel and then dry it with a dry paper towel (all while the device is off). This should take off the dirt and oil, if you want to try that.
    09-01-11 08:31 AM
    i normally use those lillte yellow clothes which come with spectacles, i make them lil damp with glass cleaner liquids, but the results aren't that great takes a while before i can get the screen smudge free.
    09-01-11 09:28 AM
    I have an "Invisible Shield" on my 9780 that seems to work very well. It truly protects the screen, but it never feels oily and does not smudge.
    09-01-11 11:07 AM
    I live in India, the subcontinent where weather is moist with high humidity and hot temperatures so you sweat. When I speak on my berry, after a call, on my screen protector I see oily deep smudges. It cant be helped.

Normally, I wipe it with microfiber cloth used for spectacles cleaning. Sometimes, I use the spray liquid that also comes in the spec's cleaning kit by spraying on the microfiber cloth and then wiping the phone with it. Waiting 30 sec for it to dry up and then with the Dry side of the microfiber cloth once again wiping the phone to shine.

However, when I know I have to make voice calls for longer duration, I use the hands-free and this doesn't hamper the phone's screen.

Am on the lookout for a high quality hands-free headset which is bluetooth. It would solve a lot of this smudging scenario as I can have it hooked up constantly.
    09-01-11 11:29 AM
    Buy a bluetooth headset, use it and problem solved.
    09-01-11 11:42 AM
    This has been a problem on every phone I've had the last years. Probably it was like this on our old phones too, we just notice it more now that the screens have grown bigger and the phones are more glossy.
    09-01-11 01:20 PM
    we just notice it more now that the screens have grown bigger and the phones are more glossy.
    Absolutely correct !! + 1
    09-01-11 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD