I want to make my bold all red and I found a site that sells the bezel and screen cover.... Not the screen... And they're both red and it looks nice but I have no idea how to remove the screen cover. I've replaced the screen countless times but not the little cover on it that says blackberry someone please point me in the right direction? Maybe a link to a video? Someone told me I have to blow dry it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 04:03 PM
    truesupplier.com has full housings with lens cover
    07-21-09 04:41 PM
    Removing the lens cover is not easy and I think 95% of the people that try end up breaking the LCD. Look for the thread about the pink bold. I think it has instructions on how that person removed theirs.
    07-21-09 05:45 PM
    When I did my curve, I couldn't get all of the padding/felt off of the original, so the new lens didn't seal right and let in all sorts of dust.
    07-21-09 05:53 PM
    When I did my curve, I couldn't get all of the padding/felt off of the original, so the new lens didn't seal right and let in all sorts of dust.
    The curve is much easier than the bold. The curve is only attached on the outside edge. On the bold the entire cover is glued to the lcd.
    07-21-09 06:21 PM
    The LCD popped right out for me on my Bold. I changed the housing, trackball, and some other pieces and I dont think you should have any issues.

I think truesupplier.com just has a sticker that goes over the OEM LCD and it isnt an actual replacement LCD. Its very easy to take off the LCD, you just need to make sure you remove the cable from the motherboard and reconnect it when you are done. Also, since its just a sticker, have a steady hand!
    07-22-09 12:10 AM
    The LCD popped right out for me on my Bold. I changed the housing, trackball, and some other pieces and I dont think you should have any issues.

I think truesupplier.com just has a sticker that goes over the OEM LCD and it isnt an actual replacement LCD. Its very easy to take off the LCD, you just need to make sure you remove the cable from the motherboard and reconnect it when you are done. Also, since its just a sticker, have a steady hand!
    I've removed the lcd off of my bold more times than I can count.... It's the lcd glass lens cover I'm talking about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD