Is the screen scratch proof?? or resistant?? I have the stock proctector still am scared to pull it off.. Any info
    08-16-11 09:56 PM
    I am wondering the same thing. I really hope they didn't just use some cheap, scratch-prone plastic >.<
    08-16-11 09:58 PM
    "The BlackBerry Bold 9900 series and BlackBerry Torch 9810 have extra hardened glass displays. The BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860 have hardened, scratch protected plastic displays, which allows for its sculpted, organic shape (a standout design from other all-touch products). It also makes the device lighter to hold."

- RIM
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-16-11 10:00 PM
    So that means its safe to take off the front protector ? Now is the back scratch resistant or proof ? XD I don't like using cases and would rather have something protecting it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 10:03 PM
    Yeah i agree they said this about the iphone and ity has some scatches now!!! This is one touch screen i could be okay using a protector it is responsive..
    08-16-11 10:04 PM
    Nothing is scratch proof. If you drop the phone hard on concrete, it'll probably get scuff marks. So if you are that concerned about any scratching you will need a case.

08-16-11 10:06 PM
    So i guess I wonder.. Gorilla Glass??? Wouldnt you hate to take a word for it and in the pcket it gets one to the face....
    So that means its safe to take off the front protector ? Now is the back scratch resistant or proof ? XD I don't like using cases and would rather have something protecting it

Safe implies you'll get no scratches.. that, depends on you.. obviously if you go putting it in your pocket with say your house keys you're asking for trouble but if you're careful and mindful then you shouldn't have any issues.

As for the back, same philosophy.. the devices safety from scratches depends on you.. my suggestion, get over your hate of cases if you fear scratches that much. Even bullet proof glass in only bullet proof to a certain point.
    I'm sure its best to just get a screen protector. Why risk it ? Its just a 10$ fix

08-16-11 10:07 PM
    LOL i love the answers, I am asking pocket wear and tear.. Its the small stuff in pocket that does more than ever
    08-16-11 10:07 PM
    Well , I actually talked to a friend of mine and they're getting a back screen protector soon enough . So ill just stick with the front and back protectors and take care of it

08-16-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD