Hey all,

I haven't taken this phone apart yet, took my Curve's apart all the time. Not sure if the screen has a "lens type" cover on front of it, or where i scratched it is actually the LCD screen.

Not sure if that makes sense, I guess what I am asking is if I can/need to buy an entire LCD screen or is there just a cover?
    07-18-09 09:22 PM
    The LCD is one unit: the plastic cover is 'fused' onto the LCD and can't be separated.
    To repair there have been many threads on this topic.
    The best option is to replace the unit: one supplier is
    cnn.cn
    07-18-09 09:59 PM
    How long have you had your Bold? I scratched my screen but was within 30 days of getting it from AT&T and I brought it back and just told them it kept rebooting and got a new one and bought a screen protector.
    07-18-09 10:03 PM
    Ok thanks for the replies. I have had it about 2 months, its not too bad more of a small chip than anything. Ill search on here, maybe replace it, I have a nice protector on it since that happened so at least it won't get worse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 10:09 PM
    Well you can still get a Refurb with a new screen if you are interested. Otherwise you have to open up your phone, check the LCD # and then you can purchase that LCD from cnn.cn for $85.
    07-18-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD