Just today I accidently scratched my screen with the usb wire. It caused a small hairline crack on the screen. Is there any type of solution like for eye glasses I can use for it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 06:00 PM
    I have the same issue. I'm real upset about it. I just ordered a bezel and everything and yesterday I scratched the screen real bad.

06-14-09 06:42 PM
    If it's that bad; and, your going to be taking the phone apart for the bezel and such you might as well just buy a new screen. I think they were what around $80?

I don't want to take mine apart because mine is still under warranty.
    06-14-09 06:59 PM
    There probably the easiest bb's to take apart and change things.Screen and a bezel shouldn't take more than 30 mins
    06-15-09 07:43 AM
    anyone know where i can get a new bezel and fitting in the uk surrey?
    06-15-09 07:49 AM
    Nothing works trust me I've tried every scratch remover there is. I spent more money on scratch
    Removers than I would have to replace the lcd literally. I know everyones responce to these
    Post is to buy a screen protector before these accidents happen which is good advice except
    You already have a scratch but if you do purchase a screen protector it will actually hide the
    Scratch. My first bold has a ton of scratches and I assumed it would be pointless to buy a
    Protector but it actually masked all of the damage and prevented any more damage until I
    Was able to purchase a new lcd. Good luck and remember that there are several different
    Lcds out there so make sure you get the same one that's in your phone now. They are numbered

06-15-09 08:02 AM
    i would try some apple sauce (not the edible kind), it is a scratch repair for Ipods...

Apple Sauce Link
    06-15-09 08:03 AM
    if you are afraid of it cracking more, get a screen protector.

invisible shields by zagg are the way to go. You won't notice the scratch all the time, maybe with certain colors, etc. but the protector can take a beating and won't damage your phone further.
    06-15-09 08:09 AM
    sedio has real good SP..been using there SP for yrs no complaints..they go for 8 or 10 dollars

06-15-09 08:15 AM
    if you are afraid of it cracking more, get a screen protector.

invisible shields by zagg are the way to go. You won't notice the scratch all the time, maybe with certain colors, etc. but the protector can take a beating and won't damage your phone further.
    Ditto. Invisible Shields > Other SP's.

Zagg has a lifetime replacement warranty on them so you can get replacements as much as you want. Plus that $h!t is some of the strongest plastic out there, Zagg says military grade and I say 'yeah... No kidding.'

So far Invisible Shield has lived up to its name.

06-15-09 09:36 AM
    I have them on EVERYTHING!

I was photographing a hill climb yesterday (motorcyles) and rocks hit me...pebble hit my camera rear LCD...not a scratch....love em
    06-15-09 09:37 AM
    I was in Israel taking pictures on a hike down a mountain. We were literally hanging off the mountain climbing and reluctant to say I did NOT have a screen protector. I have one scratch right in the middle of the screen and it's pissing me off. I'm so tempted to get a new LCD and start fresh but BDBOLD makes it sound like a screen protector will mask the scratch??? Does anyone else agree???? or am I just delaying the inevitable (buying a new LCD). Also... which Protector should I get? (Direct links would be greatly appreciated).
    06-19-09 11:17 AM
    06-19-09 11:32 AM
    Thanks.

Now would you suggest putting it on even though I "already have a scratch" ? :/

This thing isn't cheap that's why I ask.
    06-19-09 11:39 AM
    i dont think the scratch comes out.
    06-19-09 11:42 AM
    i dont think the scratch comes out.
    I understand. I know that the protector will protect it from future scratches but my issue is the scratch I already have... Someone on here stated that by placing a protector on an already scratched screen you can mask the scratches and not even notice them... Is that true?

If not... then I should just get a new LCD.

That's my question
    06-19-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks.

Now would you suggest putting it on even though I "already have a scratch" ? :/

This thing isn't cheap that's why I ask.
    I wouldn't because it won't disguise the scratch, but it will protect the heck out of the device...I stopped using the full body and use the screen only.
    06-19-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks! I just ordered one for my 1 month old Bold.
    06-19-09 12:22 PM
    its just a screen lens on top of the lcd screen. it can be replaced for under 5 bucks. you will however have to take apart your phone to replace it.
    06-19-09 12:27 PM
    its just a screen lens on top of the lcd screen. it can be replaced for under 5 bucks. you will however have to take apart your phone to replace it.
    Sounds interesting but isn't it almost impossible to get the lens off the original LCD?

Are there any tutorials on how to do this or is there a place I can bring it in to get it done professionally?
    06-19-09 12:37 PM
    Everyone that tried it here has failed. That certainly does not mean it cannot be done.
    06-19-09 12:40 PM
    06-19-09 12:43 PM
    Thanks! I just ordered one for my 1 month old Bold.
    no problem...
    when you put it on...if it comes with the spray bottle (now they are trying a sponge)
    spray your hands, then both sides of the shield...then apply it.
    follow their directions. the small bubbles will come out after 2-3 days....but I would go to a local camera shop and get a lens cloth for like 5.00 to wipe up excess, etc.
    06-19-09 12:45 PM
    i believ the screen lens cover is stuck to the lcd screen frame by adhesive. as to how strong the adhesive is, i'm not sure. but when I changed out my bezel, i was feeling around the edge of the lcd screen for this very reason of wondering if replacing the lens cover was even possible, and it does look like it can be safely pulled apart. but like I said, as to how much force must be applied, i have no idea, and ya, it sounds seems a little risky if you dont do it patiently.

here's another thread on the topic that might clarify things

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bb-...ou-fit-184599/
    Last edited by trixnrice; 06-19-09 at 03:26 PM.
    06-19-09 03:18 PM
    yea it seems legit. but as with any of these replacement parts on ebay from hong kong, they're more or less all the same quality. its quality control thats the risk/gamble, so you wont know how legit it really is until its actually installed. good luck and do tell us how it goes should decide to buy this part and install it on ur bold.

btw. there are two different model screens used on the bold. make sure u know which one you have (taking it apart and looking model #), and specify to the ebay seller which model screen you have.
    Last edited by trixnrice; 06-19-09 at 03:27 PM.
    06-19-09 03:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD