I'm curious, how do you scan a barcode of something that isn't another blackberry. For example on here you can get apps for your phone and they have a barcode, all I did was go into bbm and scan it there. It makes the sound that its scanned but then does nothing, is there something wrong with my phone or is there another way of doing it?
    08-28-11 11:50 PM
    I'm curious, how do you scan a barcode of something that isn't another blackberry. For example on here you can get apps for your phone and they have a barcode, all I did was go into bbm and scan it there. It makes the sound that its scanned but then does nothing, is there something wrong with my phone or is there another way of doing it?
    All the ones I have tried can be scanned from within App World. Open App World, select the BlackBerry key and there should be a "Scan Barcode" option in the menu.
    Winter18 likes this.
    08-28-11 11:55 PM
    It doesnt really work well
    08-29-11 11:14 PM
    I've also used the "Scan Group Barcode" option in BBM to scan randmo barcodes and it has worked in the past.
    Winter18 likes this.
    08-31-11 07:04 AM
    There are plenty of bar code scanner apps available on App World. Some are even free.

If you just want QR codes, get QR Pro from Jared.
    Winter18 likes this.
    08-31-11 08:46 AM
    There are plenty of bar code scanner apps available on App World. Some are even free.

If you just want QR codes, get QR Pro from Jared.
    hahaha I'm new, who's Jared?
    10-05-11 07:49 AM
    10-05-11 09:22 AM
    Pleas show me how to get App World onto my Storm2 so I can scan a bar code and bridge it to my Playbook. I downloaded BB World on the phone but I see no "scan a bar code" button. I've been trying for 2 days now. Please walk me thru
    Zillion thanks
    06-30-13 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD