Turning the coverage LED off from berrybuzz. I had half a battery at 11pm. Astonishing.
    Best battery tip ever. Besides wifi and gps turned off.
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 08:24 AM
    wanna extend your battery more?
    uninstall facebook!
    08-24-10 09:34 AM
    Turning the coverage LED off from berrybuzz. I had half a battery at 11pm. Astonishing.
    Best battery tip ever. Besides wifi and gps turned off.
    Good luck

You don't need BerryBuzz to turn if off, it is part of the OS. BerryBuzz adds additional functions of the LED, but coverage LED on/off is already there.
    08-24-10 10:10 AM
    The LED takes the least power of anything. I would say your power savings is from something else!
    08-24-10 10:23 AM
    wanna extend your battery more?
    uninstall facebook!
    I'll second that!!!
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 08-24-10 at 11:49 AM.
    08-24-10 10:44 AM
    The led coverage light is the biggest waste of anything, so stupid.

08-24-10 11:15 AM
    People actually use that light? o_O
    08-24-10 11:16 AM
    I can't live without the led and I get 2 days heavy usage outta my 9700 with berrybuzz on and disco effects galore.

08-24-10 11:22 AM
    Haha I'd rather recharge my battery than lose the awesome LED

08-24-10 11:25 AM
    dont forget to close all apps manually!
    08-24-10 11:33 AM
    I use WiFi, FB, alot of email, a lot of voice, alot of bbm and sms. and i use BT!

i go down from 100% to 40% in an average day with normal battery and charge it everynight... its better for the Li-On battery.. and plus... what crack addict doesnt sleep with his bb by his side!!!
    08-24-10 11:52 AM
    Social Networking software=WASTE
    08-24-10 12:39 PM
    i use the light, but only for sms and mms messages
    08-24-10 08:29 PM
    Give GPRS a try, battery life is astonishing on 9700.
    I know, I know, we haven't had 3G on blackberry for long, why given up already. It really depends on what u care and use the most, I need my battery to last longer ,blackberry email, n most other apps I have installed on my 9700 works very very fine on GPRS.

08-24-10 09:00 PM
    Give GPRS a try, battery life is astonishing on 9700.
    I know, I know, we haven't had 3G on blackberry for long, why given up already. It really depends on what u care and use the most, I need my battery to last longer ,blackberry email, n most other apps I have installed on my 9700 works very very fine on GPRS.

Depending on how long i expect to be from a charger ill have to agree - switching to EDGE will make the battery last FOREVER. The data compression RIM brings the device makes it completely usable (ever got email on an EDGE iphone? Check the pinwheel in the top left out..)
    08-25-10 12:28 AM
    Edge is completely usable on the 9700, especially with Opera Mini.
    08-25-10 12:43 AM
    how much battery does FB use when idle??
    08-25-10 05:06 AM
    People actually use that light? o_O
    I'm just used to it now but before I got my 9700 that coverage light was vital to me as I have really poor coverage at home so just by looking at the phone and not having to touch it I knew if I had coverage or not.

Now I've got the 9700 and UMA I'm in coverage at home via UMA but I'm just used to the light now
    08-25-10 05:09 AM
    how much battery does FB use when idle??
    What do you mean by idle, like turning facebook off? If not off FB constantly polls the server for new messages, like making a phone call every so many minutes. It is not like Blackb erry email that is "push". Face books is "pull".
    08-25-10 06:10 AM
    If the facebook app is sucking battery life, delete it off the device and use Bolt, or the native browser.

You'll get the notifications via e-mail and can respond to them in a snap.

08-25-10 07:01 AM
    What do you mean by idle, like turning facebook off? If not off FB constantly polls the server for new messages, like making a phone call every so many minutes. It is not like Blackb erry email that is "push". Face books is "pull".
    Just out of curiosity, even when i completely exit the facebook app and it doesnt show up on OS6 when toggling between the open applications (i use a torch, I KNOW i'm in the wrong section of the forum hahah) but the fb notifications still appear when messages come in, does this STILL drain the batt life? I've only had the torch for a few days so i havent had the time to test it out yet :/

But even though i'm not "charge-allergic" as someone mentioned earlier, i'd still like to take good care of my battery! Hec k, i intend to use this device for the next 3 years!
    08-25-10 09:58 AM
    FB does use push to receive your notifications.. which is why you have to associate it with the email u use to receive your FB notifications so will not sap any battery life more than receiving emails would. Also the new FB v1.8 has the option to turn off checking for feeds completely or set to different tme intervals so unless u set it to actually check for feeds then it is not draining any battery life. Don't listen to everyone moaning that its a battery drain app.. it's obviously not. Same applies to the twitter app.. u can turn checking for new tweets off but you will still receive any direct message cos that works like email since once u get one it gets sent to your email account.

Some of ya'll really just like to moan.. u must think the blackberry techies are dumb or something.
    09-06-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD