Like so many of you...I patiently waited for the new bold 9650 to arrive. Being on vzw I waited even a little longer than some of my sprint but it finally came. I ordered it online within 3 or 4 hours of it being released.

I had it for about a week when Wednesday afternoon I fell off a two story roof. Now don't worry...the bold was in the truck. But my arm took a serious beating. Broke it pretty badly. The bad news is..I can't text, type, or practically anything else left handed. I am typing this on my iPad at about 1/4 speed ( or less )...

I'm looking at a 6-8 week recovery minimum. I need a plate insetrted and some screws. My bold is keeping me company on the couch with my iPad and my remote (and the pain meeds) ...

Anyone recommend any good left handed games?

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 07:24 AM
    wow i'm glad you're doing ok!!! sorry i dont know any left handed games...get well soon
    06-13-10 07:27 AM
    OUCH! Sure glad you are getting better. Best of luck in your recovery.

06-13-10 07:43 AM
    Sorry to hear that!

Too bad you didn't have your Bold on you to take a pic of your mangled arm. Blackberry's are very resilient, it probably would have survived the fall.

Last weekend my wife and I had a few drinks together and then subsequently started to argue. At some point I grabbed her Tour and tossed it against our bedroom wall. There is now a really nice dent in the wall, but the Tour is ok. Mind you, I have an arm like a major league outfielder, I know I threw it hard, Blackberries can take a lickin.

06-13-10 08:23 AM
    Oh wow, that's awful but thankfully you are okay. Hope your arm heals up quickly so you can get back to your BB!
    06-13-10 08:42 AM
    OMG! Thank god you're ok!
    Your bb will be there when you're arm is healed!
    Play bubble shooter in the meantime.
    Slow paced but wth...
    06-13-10 09:11 AM
    hope u have a speedy recovery
    06-13-10 09:20 AM
    Thanks everyone. Funny thing is. I bought an otterbox to protect it from such incidents. But had the forethought to leave it in the truck anyway. Coincidence? If only I had an otterbox for me...

-wm

06-13-10 09:21 AM
    Thanks everyone. Funny thing is. I bought an otterbox to protect it from such incidents. But had the forethought to leave it in the truck anyway. Coincidence? If only I had an otterbox for me...

-wm

Get well soon.
    06-13-10 09:55 AM
    Sorry to hear that!

Too bad you didn't have your Bold on you to take a pic of your mangled arm. Blackberry's are very resilient, it probably would have survived the fall.

Last weekend my wife and I had a few drinks together and then subsequently started to argue. At some point I grabbed her Tour and tossed it against our bedroom wall. There is now a really nice dent in the wall, but the Tour is ok. Mind you, I have an arm like a major league outfielder, I know I threw it hard, Blackberries can take a lickin.

1. Why would you argue with your wife, she's probably a very nice person. You did say a few drinks?
    2. Sounds like some anger management is needed.
    06-13-10 09:56 AM
    Whoa dude thar's tough. Glad your ok. Hopefully the sight of your new, unbroken Bold will boost you through a speedy recovery
    06-13-10 09:58 AM
    Wow, that was a story unlike what I would have ever expected. I am very sorry for that event, but learning games as a lefty will be hard.

Try brick breaker? Maybe that will be the easiest to learn.
    06-13-10 10:07 AM
    1. Why would you argue with your wife, she's probably a very nice person. You did say a few drinks?
    2. Sounds like some anger management is needed.
    Jagermeister is a hel.l. of a drug.

06-13-10 10:25 AM
    I'm going to try brickbreaker on " flip" and left handed to see if I can really mess with my head. I appreciate the sympathy guys.

06-13-10 10:31 AM
    You'll be on the mend in no time!
    06-13-10 11:14 AM
    Try paper toss!

Hope the arm heals quick. I shattered my wrist back in high school mountain biking and was stuck in a sling for a good amount of time.
    06-13-10 03:28 PM
    ...The bad news is..I can't text, type, or practically anything else left handed.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. If you're one of the unfortunate ones out there who has a trackpad that's slanted to the right, maybe you can straighten it out with excessive left-handed scrolling. Lol
    06-13-10 03:59 PM
    Thank God that you're ok. Get well soon!!!

Last edited by theonlychoman; 06-14-10 at 10:19 AM.
    06-13-10 04:07 PM
    Vlingo..man. One button to do most of the work..
    06-13-10 09:25 PM
    at least the phones ok...lol

i keed, in a warped way id have to say be glad thats all you broke was your arm, you could have been wayyy worse. feel better! as for games, i dont know i play the poker game preloaded and thats about it lol.
    06-13-10 11:59 PM
    I bet you can become fairly adept at single off hand use by the time you get the use of your "good" hand. Adept at many things in fact. The key is once your are healed don't let those skills wane any more than you have to.

06-14-10 01:15 AM
    Speaking of games, one thing that surprised me was the ability to pay for Tetris by adding it to my VZW bill. Tetris and the Sims icon were on my 9650 and I just downloaded the actual game by clicking on the icon. It gave me the option to add it to my bill.

06-14-10 10:46 AM
    Glad to hear your okay!
    06-14-10 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD