I just had an email exchange with the staff at handtec... they are working outside working hours...
    yay so they are! though if they weren't, i wouldn't be losing sleep over it

my simfree 9900 order has just dispatched! placed the order with handtec lunchtime saturday 20th. will be in my hands tuesday before 12pm. got a case coming from mobilefun for tuesday too. roll on tuesday 23rd. well done handtec
    Last edited by alpha beta gaga; 08-21-11 at 10:32 AM.
    08-21-11 10:21 AM
    I got an email this morning telling me that Handtec has requested a tracking number from Fedex. It's suppose to ship out today and be here on Tuesday!
    08-21-11 02:38 PM
    got my 9900 from o2 thursday 18th,been phoning 02 shop every day since 12th.they got late afternoon so i missed chance to get one local,had to go to late opening at trafford centre.the staff there were great,i got the last one,everything working great using dm to transfer over from my 9700.good tariffs on offer.
    08-21-11 03:10 PM
    I got an email this morning telling me that Handtec has requested a tracking number from Fedex. It's suppose to ship out today and be here on Tuesday!
    They sent my information to Fedex on Saturday morning, but they don't pickup over the weekend. So, it's about 3am Monday morning there. The next 8 hours should see it picked up and on it's way.

FedEx estimate delivery by 5pm Friday the 26th. That seems LONG to me. We'll see.
    08-21-11 09:22 PM
    My estimated delivery is the 23rd by 10:30am but I think that that is assuming it got picked up on Sunday. And my city is wrong, it says "CALIFORNIA", is your correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:41 PM
    Yep. The city is correct. I don't think they picked up Sunday though. Monday afternoon (in about 8 hours from now) would be closer to the right time.
    08-22-11 12:09 AM
    Got it!!! From Carphone Warehouse via Yodel. It comes with the 296 OS version so no need to update the OS to the Vodafone DE. Wow....gorgeous!
    08-22-11 05:17 AM
    It's now after lunch Monday, and my 9900 still sits at Handtec. Frigging **** this is frustrating. Sigh. It says estimated shipping day was 21/8. That was yesterday. My only hope is they've picked it up, and haven't updated the tracking. Doubtful, I know.
    08-22-11 06:23 AM
    Got it!!! From Carphone Warehouse via Yodel. It comes with the 296 OS version so no need to update the OS to the Vodafone DE. Wow....gorgeous!
    Excellent, I have also ordered mine from CPW and my trackiong information Yodel states it is with courier for delivery! Is that what yours said before you got it? I hope it comes today

Thanks
    08-22-11 06:59 AM
    It's now after lunch Monday, and my 9900 still sits at Handtec. Frigging **** this is frustrating. Sigh. It says estimated shipping day was 21/8. That was yesterday. My only hope is they've picked it up, and haven't updated the tracking. Doubtful, I know.
    Kevin, cant you email them and ask them whats going on.?
    08-22-11 07:28 AM
    Excellent, I have also ordered mine from CPW and my trackiong information Yodel states it is with courier for delivery! Is that what yours said before you got it? I hope it comes today

Thanks
    Yes,, you'll get it today if you haven't already. They don't go back with things undelivered unless they failed to get a signature. I had prepared to update the software before doing my transfers, but as I say, it has the latest official release. S it should be good from the get go. Apparently the latest official release has less battery drain XD. My battery has been fine so far under some pretty hefty use. Enjoy!
    08-22-11 08:05 AM

Thanks
    Oh, keep in mind Yodel deliver all the way up to 17:30, or even 21:30 depending on your postcode (CPW has a postcode checker for Yodel). So don't be downtrodden if it hasn't arrived yet.
    08-22-11 08:07 AM
    got mine! flippin day earlier than i was expecting too! handtec sent yesterday (sunday 21st!) and dpd delivered this morning (monday 22nd). made in hungary 2

awesome service. awesome phone.

Last edited by alpha beta gaga; 08-22-11 at 08:37 AM.
    08-22-11 08:27 AM
    Mine arrived today (Gummobile) but I will have to wait until tomorrow to play with it, as I live in Italy (had it sent it to my mum's address in uk) but will be in the Uk as of tomorrow..
    08-22-11 11:05 AM
    ...just to add my two cents...
    it arrived today from Handtec and is of course sweet, but just wanted to mention that the switch from my 9780 was totally hassle-free - I just backed up and then restored thru BB Protect for the calendar, messages etc, and then added the various available apps I wanted via the App World and Crackberry's apps, both OTA and w/ the USB. Took an hour or two to register the new PIN and therefore receive a few new activation codes here and there, but that was fine.
    So basically, I didn't use the BB desktop software at all (apart from to back up when I was finished) so hopefully other UK users - at least - won't have any problems either.
    Hope this helps
    08-22-11 11:24 AM
    My two arrived as expected, I had them at work by 8.30 am, and they're both Hungarian

No micro SD card with either of them though, is this to be expected ?.

Also I'm not sure about the battery cover, or the outside of the 9900 in general, it's just far to slippery and I can see it getting dropped more than any other BlackBerry I've ever had
    08-22-11 11:36 AM
    Does anyone know, if I was to purchase a 9900 on Vodafone from the Carphone Warehouse website, would it be an unlocked, unbranded phone like in-store?

Thanks.
    08-22-11 11:36 AM
    Does anyone know, if I was to purchase a 9900 on Vodafone from the Carphone Warehouse website, would it be an unlocked, unbranded phone like in-store?

Thanks.
    Hi I had been assured that any of the 9900 bought at carphone would be unbranded and unlocked, its only when they sell a phone that says "by vodafone" for example that it is branded.

the only others they sell as being locked are iphones.

thats what two separate people in cpw told me this weekend. they are online but not in the shops until this weekend.

hope this helps you.
    Blade Runner IV likes this.
    08-22-11 03:32 PM
    Kevin, cant you email them and ask them whats going on.?
    I have. Twice. No response.

Just got an email from Fedex (I signed up for email notifications). It was picked up from Handtec at 3.45pm and seven hours later is still sitting at Stansted facility.

UPDATE: We're now flying over Europe somewhere. Just left Paris FR facility. At least we're on our way now!!
    Last edited by kevinnugent; 08-22-11 at 06:39 PM.
    08-22-11 04:12 PM
    @kevinnugent

Damn, mine is still in "STANSTED GB". It still has an ETA of tomorrow by 10:30am but I'm not counting on it. Oh, and I got my Black Hard Shell case in the mail...with no phone to put it on. :/
    08-23-11 12:08 AM
    @kevinnugent

Damn, mine is still in "STANSTED GB". It still has an ETA of tomorrow by 10:30am but I'm not counting on it. Oh, and I got my Black Hard Shell case in the mail...with no phone to put it on. :/
    Mine's still showing as "Departed FedEx location" at Paris, FR. Been that way for the best part of 7 hours. Let's hope it's winging it's way FAST to me.

Wish I were getting it tomorrow, but it's a 21 hour flight direct from Paris to Brisbane - so I'm not holding my breath. I'd be happy with the day after at this stage. That's still 24 hours sooner than the Fedex estimation.
    08-23-11 12:22 AM
    Mine's still showing as "Departed FedEx location" at Paris, FR. Been that way for the best part of 7 hours. Let's hope it's winging it's way FAST to me.

Wish I were getting it tomorrow, but it's a 21 hour flight direct from Paris to Brisbane - so I'm not holding my breath. I'd be happy with the day after at this stage. That's still 24 hours sooner than the Fedex estimation.
    It JUST arrived in "MEMPHIS, TN". And there's still over 12 hours left till the ETA of 10:30am tomorrow PST. Looks like there's a chance that I'll get it tomorrow after all. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on their tracking being in real time. It seems to update at random times.

EDIT: Wow, you're located in Australia? It'll come soon enough. I think that Handtec upgraded the shipping due to the delay. I was quotes as having 2-4 Day USA/CAN shipping w/ Fedex but it seems to be faster.
    Last edited by Twig978; 08-23-11 at 12:32 AM.
    08-23-11 12:28 AM
    Let's hope. I'm having fun tracking it, but I want it here more.
    08-23-11 12:35 AM
    I'm keeping it open as a tab and refreshing it. And ahem, I beg to differ.
    08-23-11 12:41 AM
    I posted on TMobileUK twitter asking about why they have the 9360 and 9860 showing as coming soon and not the bold 9900

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/

As you can see from my attachment they posted back saying it will be released on the 1st September.
    08-23-11 09:00 AM
526 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD