Why are mobile phone releases always so much hassle! It's ridiculous!

Hopefully mine should be here by the end of the week.
    08-16-11 07:55 PM
    Where have you ordered from?
    08-16-11 08:18 PM
    It's the Vodafone one from Mobilephonesdirect. I've used them in the past and they're pretty good, plus that deal is ridiculously cheap.
    08-16-11 08:20 PM
    Not sure what to make of this!

Blackberry 9900 on O2 - Ebay
    Don't take the chance.

If O2's Fraud department get wind of him selling them they'll all get blacklisted and either him or his friend at the store will probably face a disciplinary.

However if he's doing the auction and shipping out when O2 allow the stores to sell them, that's a different matter. Hard to tell by the wording.

The phone he has pictured is a Sim Free unit as it has the sim free default wall paper, unless the first batch of O2 phones don't have an O2 wallpaper on them.

Tread carefully. Or just look elsewhere when dropping that much on a handset.
    08-16-11 08:32 PM
    It's the Vodafone one from Mobilephonesdirect. I've used them in the past and they're pretty good, plus that deal is ridiculously cheap.
    mobilesdirect use 20:20 logistics which is the P4U supply arm, so when P4U have it, mobilesdirect will have it.
    08-16-11 08:34 PM
    So, another day closer. Everyone still confident the sim free sellers will get their stock tomorrow/Friday?
    08-16-11 08:35 PM
    mobilesdirect use 20:20 logistics which is the P4U supply arm, so when P4U have it, mobilesdirect will have it.
    Well, they claim to have them available right now, perhaps P4U are holding off where as MPD aren't?

It's no rush though, I can wait a few days if required.
    08-16-11 08:46 PM
    Actually, is there a more UK/European Blackberry forum? Or, is that why you guys are all here?
    08-16-11 08:49 PM
    There isn't a plausible one, and check your BB

And as you might or might not know, but most sales people at P4U chat utter sh*t
    08-16-11 08:51 PM
    Sorry DM, did you send me something? I've changed my phone (8520 until the 9900 shows). The pin is 27BB3198 if so.
    08-16-11 08:57 PM
    Re-added ! Change yer profile PIN

Also no offence to anyone who works for P4U if anyone on here works for them.

08-16-11 09:01 PM
    Don't take the chance.

If O2's Fraud department get wind of him selling them they'll all get blacklisted and either him or his friend at the store will probably face a disciplinary.

However if he's doing the auction and shipping out when O2 allow the stores to sell them, that's a different matter. Hard to tell by the wording.

The phone he has pictured is a Sim Free unit as it has the sim free default wall paper, unless the first batch of O2 phones don't have an O2 wallpaper on them.

Tread carefully. Or just look elsewhere when dropping that much on a handset.
    Yeah that is strange with those ebay O2 pics. I would have thought they'd like to stamp their logo all over the place including on the bezel.
    08-17-11 03:40 AM
    Yeah same here, i was looking at the pics and thought that it was the unlocked one.

Thanks anyway DM. good shout.

seriously fed up with all of this. they are screwing people with their dates.

First it was 12th, oh sorry its been delayed till the 17th, oh sorry its the 18th.

My email says delivery by 26th August but online this morning they are quoting 23rd August. its deliberate to suck people in to order only to be told on 22nd , sorry not coming until 26th.

But is it RIM that have at the last minute decided to give VODA an exclusive, two people at CPW told me that they have the stock in the warehouse but cannot release yet,

Thinking of cancelling the whole thing.
    Last edited by jacmeister68; 08-17-11 at 04:04 AM.
    08-17-11 04:00 AM
    ...just called Handtec since, by now, the wait and general confusion is driving me nuts (like with everyone else, probably!)...
    anyway, the guy checked his online database or whatever and said it's still due to be with them and ready for release on Friday 19th. He did say that if they received them 'late' on Friday they may not be dispatched until Monday morning, but as far as he was aware there have been no further delays. Yet.
    08-17-11 04:08 AM
    I can confirm that Mobilephonesdirect do have (apparently unbranded) stock on Vodafone only.
    08-17-11 04:10 AM
    This is the best one yet.

Ur-mobile.com claims they have them in-stock for immediate dispatch. However, clicking on the 'add to basket' link for the Bold 9900 (or any other phone) appears to do nothing.
    08-17-11 04:22 AM
    ...just tried and it added to my basket, if that's any help?
    08-17-11 04:28 AM
    ...just tried and it added to my basket, if that's any help?
    Same here.

Never heard of that site though, but they do have an address.
    08-17-11 04:31 AM
    CPW website now says 23rd August. Aarrgh!
    08-17-11 04:33 AM
    CPW website now says 23rd August. Aarrgh!
    What appears to be happening is that Vodafone have a more lucrative exclusivity deal than first thought and the other places haven't bothered to announce that. They're just pushing release dates back time and time again instead to try and keep orders.
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    08-17-11 04:37 AM
    A holster I ordered from the distributor turned up today, just e-mailed them to see if they're still getting stock on the 19th for the 9900's I back ordered.
    08-17-11 04:38 AM
    I can confirm that Mobilephonesdirect do have (apparently unbranded) stock on Vodafone only.
    Just spoke to them and apparently they are branded and locked.

Also was told sim free is now 29th which is further back than the 26th yesterday lol.

What a joke. Why sim free should be affected by Vodafone I don't know.

If anyone knows any places doing unbranded and preferably unlocked phones on Vodafone I may just sign up and use the extra minutes etc...

Also for anyone on Vodafone what's the branding like?
    08-17-11 04:40 AM
    Supposedly the exclusive is for 2 weeks. All these companies will know the release date but play silly games hoping you will pre-order with them instead of someone else.
    jacmeister68 likes this.
    08-17-11 04:42 AM
    Just spoke to them and apparently they are branded and locked.

Also was told sim free is now 29th which is further back than the 26th yesterday lol.

What a joke. Why sim free should be affected by Vodafone I don't know.

If anyone knows any places doing unbranded and preferably unlocked phones on Vodafone I may just sign up and use the extra minutes etc...

Also for anyone on Vodafone what's the branding like?
    I wouldn't trust what they say, however - DangerMouse on here said that the second shipment are the only phones that are actually Vodafone branded at the bottom, I'm assuming (as they've had stock for a day or two now) the MPD stock is the first shipment.

Those places are always told to 'advise you' the phones are probably locked and branded so they are covered, but it is often not the case.

I got a bloke to go and check for me properly yesterday and he said he doesn't think they are 'at the moment', someone else said they weren't sure but they probably were. They're so useless

I'll find out tomorrow anyway.
    08-17-11 04:44 AM
    Mmmm looks like I'm kinda banking on O2 getting them in tomorrow now...... Gonna go into an O2 shop today and get a confirmation; post back on here if I get any news

Hating Vodafone right now!!!
    08-17-11 04:59 AM
526 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD