DUUDE ARE YOU LEGIT?!?! oh man i cant wait now and how'd you get them do go back to the old upgrade policy for you?
    I am fairly sure...

If a company changes the terms of a contract they void it. They either have to honor the old one and grandfather it or treat him like a new customer.

I think this happened on Rogers a year ago when they changed the 911 monthly fee up 25 cents. I remember my one buddy used that as an out of his contract so he could sign up on our Corp Bell plan.
    07-28-11 04:41 PM
    I don't see August 3rd as the release date, due to the fact that BB7 Fan Night is the same day. I just don't see RIM releasing this phone on a carrier before their event even happens. Now I could see it launch on Aug 4th or later and Aug 3rd be the launching party. I just think it would be odd to have an event for a device that is already out there even if it is the same day, but who knows, RIM does do some confusing things.
    RIM announced the bold the day before BBW and i think they drop their press releases at 6 am so it could happen

internet press release (announcing 5 devices and bold release dates) > on sale at rogers > BB fan night live announcement and hands on with demo phones
    07-28-11 04:53 PM
    Will anyone be able to purchase one? I would like to purchase one outright to use on at&t
    07-28-11 05:41 PM
    ............... Who would pay 400 and sign a 3 year? If that's true, wow Rogers, you've hit a new low. The only point of them subsidizing the price of the phone is to get new subscribers or resign current subscribers.. Not sure how they'll do that with that pricing. There's no way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That was the thing while living in Canada I couldn't wrap my head around - a 3 year contract. Two years ago when I first moved to Vancouver it was cheaper for me to have the Verizon National + Canada Plan and Unlimited International Data package then go with Rogers. At least with Verizon I had no long distance or roaming charges in all of North America.
    07-28-11 05:50 PM
    Just called Rogers myself, and said I wanted to upgrade my device, told the rep I was aware of the new devices coming soon............he looked through two different systems they use and said nothing was showing for any new Blackberry devices. The newest was 9780 and 9800.

Darn.
    07-28-11 06:52 PM
    well rogers BB release dates have been traditionally Aug for flagship BlackBerry devices .. I would say closer to 21st-22nd but any earlier is definitely a bonus

9900 is going to be a quality device .. lets hope BB software catches up .. only thing I am looking for is receiving interac money transfers to work well. on OS 7
    07-28-11 07:00 PM
    Not being a Rogers subscriber, is it common practice to have a release date of such a highly anticipated device only days away without any press release or information on their website to announce the release?
    07-28-11 07:09 PM
    Rogers and/or Voda will be the first to release the 9900.
    07-28-11 07:12 PM
    It could be the 3rd. That would at least make some sense of the Fan Night in Toronto. They'd be silly to have a Fan Night for phones not even announced/released, surely.
    07-28-11 07:13 PM
    We have Vodafone here. They are doing a big run-out sale on their 9780's at the moment and have sold out of their 9800's. So, I hope your right for us too. Sometimes we're left behind in these global launches.
    07-28-11 07:15 PM
    Good to know. Rogers has at&t 3g bands. Hopefully Clove is getting this or I will have to cancel my preorder

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    07-28-11 07:33 PM
    Unless something has changed at RIM or Rogers, they are long time partners. I am going to stick to the 21-22 date time line. I am hopeful for a earlier release dates considering the importance of this device.

and also a special price would be nice

we will see heheh

they have thinned out the online store from 10 BlackBerry Devices to 8, so that tells me
    they are planning 9900 and Torch 2
    Last edited by vx1; 07-28-11 at 08:03 PM.
    07-28-11 08:00 PM
    i think rogers will announce it august 3rd and tell us the release day
    07-28-11 08:25 PM
    Rogers rep at work told us 15 august. Lets see who's right

07-28-11 09:16 PM
    Hopefully AT&T launches at the same time or before Rogers. I should be saving up. :/

07-28-11 09:22 PM
    i doubt it'll be aug 3rd.. that's less then a week away... although the 9700 appeared in stores without a release date if i remember correctly..

i hope this isn't true cause i am gonna be out of town till aug 7th ; <
    Same thing with me, I'm not going to be around till August 7th too. I wouldn't want to miss the release! lol
    07-28-11 09:50 PM
    at&t releasing any new bb after the iphone 5 is just suicide for rim.all the new bb they are getting should be out the door before the end of august.iphone 5 is a tsunami wave.there will be more bb casualties then one can imagine.
    07-28-11 10:01 PM
    The iPhone 4S/5 won't hit the shops until the second week of September from all reports. So, they've got a window of opportunity.
    07-28-11 10:13 PM
    YESSSS : > thanks CX.. i am assuming the 9930 is a different story?

We have Vodafone here. They are doing a big run-out sale on their 9780's at the moment and have sold out of their 9800's. So, I hope your right for us too. Sometimes we're left behind in these global launches.
    CX is one of may 3 people on this board you should trust with release information.. so when he says WILL BE the first i believe him 100%
    07-29-11 12:26 PM
    i hope you're right my friend
    michaelxyq likes this.
    07-29-11 04:22 PM
    the Rim reps that visits my stores said the 9810 is launching first. That being said-- I'd prefer YOU being right. :-).

07-29-11 04:35 PM
    YESSSS : > thanks CX.. i am assuming the 9930 is a different story?

CX is one of may 3 people on this board you should trust with release information.. so when he says WILL BE the first i believe him 100%
    maybe you havent heard cx is also the guy who told all of us we'd be getting our playbooks in March....
    quellerie likes this.
    07-29-11 11:06 PM
    +1. My source said 9810 is coming on rogers first. Followed by 9900 then Torch touch.
    07-30-11 01:59 AM
    I work at Rogers and the release date is definitely not the 3rd haha. We're pushing to release before Bell, but everyone knows that already.
    07-30-11 09:58 PM
    +1. My source said 9810 is coming on rogers first. Followed by 9900 then Torch touch.
    thats probably going to confuse my purchase decision on which to get..

bigger screen (9810) vs (imo) sturdier device+ better keyboard)

Sigh*

worst of all rogers will make them both price insanely high to make me truly think hard before i throw down 200 + tax and another 3 yr commitment.
    07-31-11 12:31 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD