I believe it could be 8/19 since other sources said "late August" and now that I'm so close, I might as well wait to see if I like the new Bold!

My plan was to jump over to Android 6/19 since I have an upgrade available but I haven't brought myself to commit to the Motorola Atrix just yet. Mainly b/c AT&T is suppose to release the HTC Holiday very soon. Sooooooo, I might as well wait around for the 9900 also if I'm waiting for the Holiday.

So here is my new plan...

Use Upgrade #1 on the Bold 9900 in August. If I don't like it, I can return it and get the HTC Holiday. Or should I try the Android first and if I don't like the Holiday, fall back on the Bold 9900 since I'm familiar with BB?

Either way, if I screw up this upgrade I will Upgrade #2 to use by 7/19 since we have a premier account and 5 users on it and I'm really the only one that likes to upgrade. Wha Whooo! Choices! Especialy if QNX is put in BB's in a year...then I can save Upgrade #2 for that and use the 9900 as a "stop-gap" until then. Let's face it...the 9900 is exactly cutting edge anyway which is why I'm already looking past it.
    07-02-11 12:14 AM
    just because he does not have the device doesnt mean its not true i have a friend who played with it today from a developer/tester... im willing to bet all my credibility that its out there and the release date is official... i WISH i could show a copy of the release from telus that i had but i am not able to
    07-02-11 01:36 AM
    Well someone is right. Or could it be that different companies in different countries are on different testing schedules for different release dates?

Has anyone heard of Verizon testing?
    07-02-11 09:00 AM
    Who cares when it's released? It will be buggy and have all kinds of problems for months until RIM releases patches just like every other RIM device.

I'm using the greatest RIM ever built (9000) and have been waiting for a long time for this device but there's no way I want to be first.
    07-02-11 09:16 AM
    I'm with "dag99"; my alpha/beta-tester days are behind me, very fortunately.
    I have an upgrade waiting but I'll wait a month or so, at least, post-release before I start depending on it. (I'm a one-phone ole coot.)
    It shows up when it shows up. August, September or November, for that matter.
    I do hope the folk who's life is a bit bummed because it's not on the shelves right now or next week do receive it sooner than later. Hate thinking with all the problems in the world a few folk's misery is because a device isn't in their otherwise very happy hands. I hope for their sakes it is released next month, just to give a teentsy bit of peace of mind.
    Mic_Tech likes this.
    07-02-11 09:40 AM
    Who cares when it's released? It will be buggy and have all kinds of problems for months until RIM releases patches just like every other RIM device.

I'm using the greatest RIM ever built (9000) and have been waiting for a long time for this device but there's no way I want to be first.
    To each his own. For me being first and discovering all of the plus and minues is the fun of it. I don't play golf, so call it a hobby.
    anon(3749235) likes this.
    07-02-11 09:41 AM
    My grandson calls it his "hobby" too. He actually goes around flea markets collecting all kinds of BBs, etc. From what I can tell he must have every type available to the general public.
    And he gets bugged because this newest isn't out yet. When he comes round me fretting because of it I take him with the me to the local Veteran's Hospital to see what 'real probs' are.
    As I said I hope this device is released sooner than much later just so some emotional-vested 'hobbyists' can spend their time working out all the bugs for the rest of us (whatever you wanna call us: BBGeezers?).
    Last edited by gortfulcanelli; 07-02-11 at 10:08 AM.
    07-02-11 10:05 AM

I'm still using my 9000 too, and I would rather get the 9900 with a few bugs than have to wait til November with this piece of junk. It's dying, slow, and there's almost no room for applications.
    07-02-11 10:12 AM
    You lucky Canucks will get these devices starting the middle of August! However,who knows when AT&T will actually launch them! AT&T has their heads in the sand!
    07-02-11 10:18 AM
    My grandson calls it his "hobby" too. He actually goes around flea markets collecting all kinds of BBs, etc. From what I can tell he must have every type available to the general public.
    And he gets bugged because this newest isn't out yet. When he comes round me fretting because of it I take him with the me to the local Veteran's Hospital to see what 'real probs' are.
    As I said I hope this device is released sooner than much later just so some emotional-vested 'hobbyists' can spend their time working out all the bugs for the rest of us (whatever you wanna call us: BBGeezers?).
    It would be my pleasure to work them all out. In fact if RIM wanted to send me one now I could get a big head start on it.
    Dammerung2010 likes this.
    07-02-11 11:37 AM
    How much will the touch cost.

And how much will the curve cost?
    07-02-11 04:48 PM
    How much will the touch cost.

And how much will the curve cost?

We don't even know release date. How would we know a price with all the different retailers, discounts, etc.

You don't see a date or retail msrp on the phone, do you?
    07-02-11 05:23 PM
    Sorry folks but I'll go on record and say its not happening in August.

PG
    Going to agree with you on this PG. As usual. Great minds think alike.
    07-02-11 08:18 PM
    Going to agree with you on this PG. As usual. Great minds think alike.
    still a chance for it to come out in August on other carriers?
    07-02-11 08:22 PM
    Any idea why its in testing in Canada and in Europe but software isn't good enought for field testing on AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes. Vodafone for instance is notorious for releasing both hardware and software with bugs. AT&T on the other hand actually take the time to try and get the device out with as few bugs as possible. The Bold 9000 is a prime example. Some carriers released months before AT&T. Some of those carriers recalled the device until a new hardware revision was released. Meanwhile AT&T wouldn't release until they received said new HW revision. .125 on Rogers was HORRIBLE!! Case in point.

still a chance for it to come out in August on other carriers?
    Yes it's definitely possible. Not all carriers have the same clientele nor the same standards. I suspect we'll see a carrier overseas release in late August. But the ship date was pushed back a bit.
    07-02-11 08:31 PM
    Was told today at the Corporate ATT store that they had 20 new 4G devices coming next month, including new large screen BB's. The wait is for ATT to officially launch their 4G and TMobile towers.
    07-02-11 09:05 PM
    Looking at the release dates of the 9700 and the 9780 I'm going to say November.
    I hope not. Based on my business reps input (he has played with one, but I know business reps are not in the know) and what I read here I am voting for maybe late Aug but most likely Sept for Verizon.
    07-03-11 08:45 AM
    Yes. Vodafone for instance is notorious for releasing both hardware and software with bugs. AT&T on the other hand actually take the time to try and get the device out with as few bugs as possible. The Bold 9000 is a prime example. Some carriers released months before AT&T. Some of those carriers recalled the device until a new hardware revision was released. Meanwhile AT&T wouldn't release until they received said new HW revision. .125 on Rogers was HORRIBLE!! Case in point.

Yes it's definitely possible. Not all carriers have the same clientele nor the same standards. I suspect we'll see a carrier overseas release in late August. But the ship date was pushed back a bit.
    Just a quick question Crucial...what about the non carrier versions ie sim free versions of the 9900/9930??...why wont RIM release them as they dont need carrier approval do they??....non of the sim free BB's ive ever owned have any network branding on them.

So i dont understand why the sim free versions arent being released if they are ready...is there another process for them or is RIM going to release the sim free versions around the time of the carrier branded versions.

Personally im not interested in the carrier branded versions as it is.
    07-03-11 09:46 AM
    August 19 IS my birthday...but I LOVE my 9650, perfer a playbook for my birthday instead
    07-03-11 09:58 AM
    Just a quick question Crucial...what about the non carrier versions ie sim free versions of the 9900/9930??......none of the sim free BB's ive ever owned have any network branding on them.

So i dont understand why the sim free versions arent being released if they are ready...is there another process for them or is RIM going to release the sim free versions around the time of the carrier branded versions.

Personally im not interested in the carrier branded versions as it is.
    Right with you there Spawn. I don't buy carrier-branded devices either!

Perhaps it's an agreement with their partnered carriers not to release unbranded devices to resellers, thereby robbing them of sales, until the networks are ready having filled theirs up with crapware?!

Would like to know for sure though, if CX or PG can shed some light.

From what I've seen/read so far, most are saying that the phone's software is acceptable for public release...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 10:07 AM
    I think we will hear a release announcement before the July 12 Board meeting.
    07-03-11 11:43 AM
    I think we will hear a release announcement before the July 12 Board meeting.
    Makes sense, hope you're right. Even if we have to wait at least it will not be an unknown.
    07-03-11 12:10 PM
    Clearly RIM is under horrendous pressure to get these products out and launched without any gaffs. I suspect we will get some announcement at the AGM and I suspect, there is an urge to announce something pretty spectacular.

Let's hope that any announcement has some affect on the company's credibility as it's currently at an all time low.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 07-03-11 at 01:55 PM.
    07-03-11 01:52 PM
    now do people believe me?!?! my sources have never let me down and i reported the blackberry belagio codename as well weeks ago
    07-12-11 02:22 AM
    I believe you, if only because this whole thing is shaping up to be a replay of the Bold 9000 release, down to the day almost. The 9000 was released in Canada in mid/late August 2008 with, as CX indicated earlier in this thread, major league problems. It didn't come out on AT&T in the US for another three months or so after that. I'm not sure it's going to take that long for AT&T to release the 9900, but one thing is for sure -- AT&T has kept the 9900 in the lab for a reason rather than release it for field testing.
    07-12-11 06:38 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD