The 9930 is gonna be released in a week on Sprint. Note of the US carriers Sprint will be the only one to enable NFC as well. If this was posted somewhere else sorry for the duplicate but I could not find it.
    07-16-11 02:36 AM
    Before they tear into you... proof?
    Statehouse likes this.
    07-16-11 02:37 AM
    C'mon Michelle! If all we needed was proof then there'd be no.... Oh....I see what you did there!
    07-16-11 02:39 AM
    Before they tear into you... proof?
    They can if they want but nearly all my posts have been correct. In fact I believe on these types of posts I am 3 for 4 correct and VERY confident on this one. A little surprised CrackBerry has not posted anything about this .. its been known to many (thousands) since early Friday evening.
    07-16-11 02:41 AM
    on which basis? that s a bit short
    07-16-11 02:42 AM

This says otherwise.
    howarmat likes this.
    07-16-11 02:45 AM
    funny that u get no thanks for ur predictions.
    07-16-11 02:45 AM
    The 9930 is gonna be released in a week on Sprint. Note of the US carriers Sprint will be the only one to enable NFC as well. If this was posted somewhere else sorry for the duplicate but I could not find it.
    How do you know this? Will other phones release then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 03:26 AM
    lol

10char
    07-16-11 03:29 AM
    They can if they want but nearly all my posts have been correct. In fact I believe on these types of posts I am 3 for 4 correct and VERY confident on this one. A little surprised CrackBerry has not posted anything about this .. its been known to many (thousands) since early Friday evening.
    All 16 of them huh?
    07-16-11 05:36 AM
    id like evidence..
    07-16-11 05:57 AM
    I should have taken a detour before I entered this thread. SMH.
    07-16-11 06:06 AM
    Come on now. Be nice to the pre-ejaculaters
    Crackberrykills and Mic_Tech like this.
    07-16-11 09:56 AM
    this **** isnt funny....
    07-16-11 10:08 AM
    Maybe not funny but it stirs the pot. Besides, if the haters (like me?) didn't have anything to tear a new bung hole on the net they'd be out putting kittens in mailboxes.
    rjshahan likes this.
    07-16-11 11:00 AM
    We will see on the 23rd then.....
    07-16-11 12:05 PM
    Rumor: OP is a moron. All but confirmed.
    07-16-11 01:15 PM
    One shouldn't be so quick to judge.....

In any event, this has been rumored many times -- only problem is.. no one provides proof or further info..

As far as I'm concerned without that, even if correct -- it's pointless. For all anyone else knows, the tips the say that date could just be just people regurgitating the same info from elsewhere.
    detour likes this.
    07-16-11 01:18 PM
    Bell and Telus say mid Aug release, Rodgers told me yesterday he'll know by aug 4th and that they will have it launch day. I think we are starting to zero in on the actual date. Only RIM knows for sure.
    07-16-11 01:36 PM
    I should have taken a detour before I entered this thread. SMH.
    LOL I love this post

Well guys I really have no magic potion. RIM posted the release date on their internal new products release support blog. That is why, with all the contacts Kevin and crew have, I'm a little surprised it was not picked up on.

July 23 is for the 9930 only not the 9900! Therefore its a CDMA device for those who might not know the model number differences.

Cheers!
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    07-17-11 12:34 AM
    no one cares about Sprint.

every comparison is literally Verizon vs AT&T, and since Sprint has such a smaller customer base you can see why.

Even all these tiered data pricing, no one mentioned Sprint in 1/2 of the news reports in that they still offer unlimited data.

I want to try out this BB9930 p.bad, I can still sell my Evo4g for $200-250 pretty easily, to recoup some cost from not having an upgrade available yet, since the wife used it.
    07-17-11 12:53 AM
    I just wish somebody somewhere would come forthnwith a concrete release date. Take away some of this tension.
    07-17-11 01:39 AM
    It is like a roller coaster!!
    07-17-11 05:49 AM
    no one cares about Sprint.

every comparison is literally Verizon vs AT&T, and since Sprint has such a smaller customer base you can see why.

Even all these tiered data pricing, no one mentioned Sprint in 1/2 of the news reports in that they still offer unlimited data.

I want to try out this BB9930 p.bad, I can still sell my Evo4g for $200-250 pretty easily, to recoup some cost from not having an upgrade available yet, since the wife used it.
    I care about Sprint. For the price I pay and the network reliability I get it just cannot be beaten. I pay half of what the same service would on verizon and ATT and I have no data cap or slow down.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-17-11 10:00 AM
    I too think it's incorrect to say nobody cares about Sprint. It's really underrated as a network and it doesn't get the attention it deserves - but maybe that's good for the current/long-time customers who do depend on it.

Personally I'm an AT&T person and have been for a long time. That doesn't mean I don't pay attention to other carriers. Sprint actually has been coming out with great products but for some reason has always appeared to take a backseat to the 'big red'. I'm sure the availability of the iPhone has only widened that gap - but we'll see what happens with the iPhone 5...

back on topic - It seems like there's a race between all the US carriers on who can get this phone out the fastest. If even half of these rumors are true, it's like all of a sudden everybody woke up and realized that the 99xx is a powerhouse product and blackberry users are really drooling over it (yes that's us) and it's the kind of product that could bring people back to blackberry that may have left (also many of us).

I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint was first out of the gate with this. I think they like being "first" (first '4G', first carrier to sell playbook, first 3D phone, first with push-to-talk [if you consider sprint/nextel as one entity], first with a 'truly unlimited' plan [minutes, data, sms, etc.]), and I'm sure the list goes on.

regardless, we should all be excited that more buzz is building about this phone and that it will finally be in our hands soon. It's been a frustrating and long journey (which isn't over yet), especially when the phone has been dangled in front us via online videos, etc. for months in seemingly near-ready form. My biggest fear is that once it does finally hit the street, it will already be outdated/behind the industry standards.
    07-17-11 10:20 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD