Anyone done this to their Bold yet? I remember I did this on my old Pearl, but the Pearl was a bit of a different surface. Maybe ill give it a shot before I start ordering a bunch of parts for my Bold.
    06-11-09 10:08 AM
    Be interesting to know if it works.
    06-11-09 10:17 AM
    Some people have posted that gently rubbing it with a sugar cube will take it off without any ill effect to the rest of the plastic.

Chris
    06-11-09 10:47 AM
    I've used nail polish remover to remove branding on other various electronics.
    06-11-09 10:55 AM
    I doubt it. The brand is under the same surface as the finish. Why not just BUY the bottom face plate? Its only like 5 bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 11:00 AM
    I doubt it. The brand is under the same surface as the finish. Why not just BUY the bottom face plate? Its only like 5 bucks.

I agree why not buy it I know smebody tried removing the logo and it looked a mess..

06-11-09 01:41 PM
    There's always the black sharpie.
    06-11-09 02:11 PM
    Alcohol didnt work, and my friend told me he used a sugar cube on his Bold. But im not trying that. I didnt want to buy one because I dont want to open up my Bold yet, but eventually I will.
    06-11-09 02:22 PM
    Alcohol didnt work, and my friend told me he used a sugar cube on his Bold. But im not trying that. I didnt want to buy one because I dont want to open up my Bold yet, but eventually I will.
    No need to open it to change the bottom plate,it just clips off and on with a small piece of double sided tape.my tape has come off but it still stays on.i used a very soft sand paper and then some car polish and not only do i have clean bottom plate i also have a black shiny bezel
    06-11-09 02:31 PM
    You don't have to open up to take the branded bottom piece off if I'm not mistaken.

06-11-09 02:32 PM
    or put a nice sticker on it of any image you want.
    06-11-09 02:36 PM
    So what about acetone?

06-11-09 03:26 PM
    what about starring at it for a really really long time. It might get scared and run away.
    06-11-09 03:35 PM
    That might work just get a ugly girl to stare at your bold. It may cause a reboot or error message. Its your choice.

06-11-09 04:26 PM
    HOw about just leaving it on there. Did girls stop talking to you when they see who your BB vendor is? Geez, some of the crap you guys go through. Did you remove the emblem from your car so nobody knows what it is. Your bike? Why don't you just use the gear and stop jerking with BS like this?????
    06-11-09 07:47 PM
    Did you remove the emblem from your car

Yes, all of them.
    06-11-09 08:05 PM
    I'd be afraid to do any kind of rubbing, etc on the plate beyond gentle cleaning. Just get a new plate and replace it!

06-11-09 08:15 PM
    I put a honda emblem on my caddy. So yes

06-11-09 08:25 PM
    Superfine sandpaper and a steady hand so you don't hit the silver bezel. Worked for me.
    06-12-09 12:23 AM
    what about starring at it for a really really long time. It might get scared and run away.
    Quote of the day!
    06-12-09 12:27 AM
    HOw about just leaving it on there. Did girls stop talking to you when they see who your BB vendor is? Geez, some of the crap you guys go through. Did you remove the emblem from your car so nobody knows what it is. Your bike? Why don't you just use the gear and stop jerking with BS like this?????
    Some people debadge the rear end of their cars because it looks much cleaner.

06-12-09 12:29 AM
    Someone might kill me for asking this but... what exactly do you mean branding? Like the logo or something? And why do you want to remove anyway?
    06-12-09 12:38 AM
    HOw about just leaving it on there. Did girls stop talking to you when they see who your BB vendor is?
    LOL

well, as picky as a lot of us are with our BB's, it doesn't surprise me that people are rubbing down their Bolds with sugar cubes.

the bad thing about nail polish remover is that it seems to "grey" some types of black plastic, I wouldn't advise it... maybe try a little on the inside of the battery door first, seems to be made of generally the same stuff.
    06-12-09 12:50 AM
    I'm hoping that was a joke. Black sharpie on black plastic does not have the same pitch of black.
    There's always the black sharpie.
    06-12-09 01:38 AM
    Doesn't work with rubbing alcohol because I tried... and yes I to debadged my car, much cleaner look.
    06-12-09 02:25 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD