Is it possible to roll back your BB 9700 OS? If so how? Just curious more than anything. Thanks in advance guys
    06-29-10 08:58 AM
    Absolutely. Instructions on how to downgrade are in Blackberry 101.
    06-29-10 09:02 AM
    Sure it is Col

Just choose, download and install your desired OS to your PC, delete the vendor.xml file if required, plug in your phone and agree to the 'downgrade' in DM/App Loader when prompted.

Don't forget to backup your 3rd party apps and data... sorted

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 09:04 AM
    Sure it is Col

Just choose, download and install your desired OS to your PC, delete the vendor.xml file if required, plug in your phone and agree to the 'downgrade' in DM/App Loader when prompted.

Don't forget to backup your 3rd party apps and data... sorted

Thanks Phil, I'll take a look tomorrow when Ive got time (work beckons). When you say Vendor .XML, what is that exactly? Is it anything to do with specific networks? Ive got a generic phone you see!

Off topic this next tone but is there any decent free alternatives to Berrypopup? Cheers pal and thanks awell to wnm
    06-29-10 09:09 AM
    Vendor.xml contains carrier information. If the OS your using is from your carrier you don't need to do anything. Since we Crackberryites are constantly using other carriers OS's, we have to delete the vendor.xml file so we can use the OS. Check the link in my Sig. for hidden locations of vendor.xml.
    06-29-10 09:15 AM
    The vendor.xml file can be found in the same folder on your PC that the App Loader program is located

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader

This file must be deleted if the OS you want to install is not from the carrier who supplied your phone, otherwise the update will not work.

As for BerryPopup alternatives... sorry mate, I don't use anything like that

06-29-10 09:22 AM
    Now I understood,
    Why people ask to search forum first before posting problem...

06-29-10 09:27 AM
    No sign of the Research In Motion folder, Ive looked but theres nothing of that description there.
    06-29-10 05:39 PM
    Turn on hidden folders.

06-29-10 05:43 PM
    Turn on hidden folders.

Thanks, Ive just realised that. Im looking now.
    06-29-10 05:48 PM
    Ive turned on "show hidden folders but still cannot find what I am looking for. I am running Windows 7 if that helps!
    06-29-10 05:52 PM
    Ive just realised something! I installed Balckberry Desktop Manager on my laptop and backed up my phone on my laptop and thats why I cannot find what Im looking for.................................because Im on my desktop
    06-29-10 06:25 PM
    Ive turned on "show hidden folders but still cannot find what I am looking for. I am running Windows 7 if that helps!
    if your using windows 7 or vista your be looking for

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and vendor is the last file on the bottem
    06-29-10 07:01 PM
    There may other occurrences of vendor.xml. Check the link in my Sig.
    06-29-10 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD