Hi all,

This is one of my first posts, and definitely my first thread started here on CrackBerry Forums.
    I've been to some threads on the BlackBerry Bold 9900 section and saw talk circulating about plans to get when upgrading to the Bold 9900.
    I thought I would pull in the conversation into one thread for the benefit of the Canadian CrackBerry community.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I thought I would bring light to the plan options to those also seeking help/news for the BlackBerry Bold 9900.
    Please move my thread if it better belongs in the Rogers Wireless section.

Here's my contribution;

Being with Rogers for a while, I have a retention plan that I have been offered;
    $38.35 (before taxes, and any Rogers Better Choice Bundles Discount)
    -300 Minutes
    -100 BONUS Minutes (400 Total)
    -Unlimited E.N.W. starting @ 6pm
    -Caller ID
    -$15 value BlackBerry Social Networking Plan
    -= Unlimited e-mail, facebook, twitter, IM, BBM

OR
    $43.85 (before taxes, and any BCB Discount)
    -300 Minutes
    -Caller ID
    -$25 value Data Plan
    -=500MBs

But also upon closer review of Rogers' promotional plans;
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/my...WIRPLANS_slot2

The $40 and $55 ones seem good.
    If you can get a good Customer Relations rep, you can probably take the $40 plan and add the 100 BONUS Minutes and get the unlimited nights and weekends up to 6pm for free. But you do miss out on the Caller ID, though perhaps I can get that put in too.
    I'm going to call in tomorrow to see if I can do that.

(I have two regular phone lines that I'm upgrading to this better plan so I may have more bargaining power, especially since these lines were with Rogers since 2002.)
    Current voice plan (Customer Relations provisioned);
    $28.00 (including taxes, after a 15% BCB Discount)
    -300 Minutes
    -Unlimited E.N.W. after 6pm
    -Unlimited Rogers to Rogers
    -Caller ID

Edit;
    I've called into Customer Relations, and they've told me that the promotional plans on that page are for discontinued Android handsets specifically.

Anyone have their best plan to upgrade to with the BlackBerry Bold 9900?
    Last edited by SleepiTyme; 08-09-11 at 08:05 AM.
    08-09-11 01:36 AM
    Sorry for the double post, however I thought that I would introduce myself here a bit as well.

I've been a BlackBerry user since 2007 when the BlackBerry BOLD 9000 was released, switching from an HTC Touch Pro 2 and a Sony Ericsson K850 before that. I've worked for Rogers Retail, TELUS Retail/Corporate, and Apple Inc.
    I've gotten the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and the BlackBerry Torch 9800 as they were released, and then later moved on to an iPhone during my employment at Apple. I've recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy S II and having used all these phones, I've become quite indifference to the very finnick, biased conversations about brands and features (a basic fanboy base for arguments).

But that doesn't mean that I don't feel the excitement for new technology such as NFC and the new BlackBerry Messenger Alternative Reality experience that are about to become a part of daily life through the BlackBerry Bold 9900.

I am an avid reader of Engadget, BGR, and Crackberry for quite sometime now, but was compelled to start to contribute back to the CrackBerry community.
    Coming here now, I would like to help future fellow BlackBerry Bold 9900 users with my knowledge and experience from past, and soon future.

Cheers to all, and enjoy your new BlackBerrys!
    08-09-11 01:45 AM
    The BlackBerry Bold 9900 is an awesome phone. Just showed it to some colleagues, friends, and executives here at work and looks like we'll be tossing out our Curves for many Bold 9900s.

I have HUGE gripes coming off from the BB 9000, 9700, 9800;
    -There is absolutely NO keyboard hotkeys in the browser.
    -I thought there was a way to change the theme so that it would be similar to BB OS5-6? (Read it in a CrackBerry post) I have no use for the panels as I have everything organized so that I do not have to scroll up or down along my home menu, but even when I get rid of the ones that I don't want, "All" remains. I KNOW that is ALL of my home menu!!
    -As well, the panel does not recess all the way down so that it only reveals the top row of your home menu! It only fully minimizes or shows the top two rows! Why doesn't it work as it was advertised?
    -The Music app does not return to where you were before; ie if you search for an artist or song name, and you choose a song to play, pressing the back button, or in my case the convenience button to get back from anywhere, even from within the Music app, to the Music app, it would take you back to where you'd normally start! It doesn't bring you back to the search results!!
    -On the Loud profile, any alerts or ringtones are played loudly both on the phone and the inserted IN EAR headphones at loud volume, despite the media volume being less than half way down!

If someone could lead me to a post where it'll show me how to use the Bold properly, or if there are work arounds, that would be greatly appreciated. Maybe something like that dark, minimalistic Reverie D theme that was available when OS5-6 came out?
    08-11-11 07:51 AM
    When you're in the browser, go to options and enable keyboard shortcuts. Also from home screen, press on the top of the All bar and drag it to reveal "no rows".
    08-11-11 07:58 AM
    Retentions can give you a better plan than that. I pay just a little less than this plan you posted:
    $43.85 (before taxes, and any BCB Discount)
    -300 Minutes
    -Caller ID
    -$25 value Data Plan
    -=500MBs

And I get:
    300 Minutes (200 + 100 bonus)
    Unlimited incoming
    VM/CID
    EW @6
    6GB data
    2500 text/picture/video msgs

By the standards of today, Im still overpaying for my retentions plan. If I had under $40 or long distance minutes, then it would be more decent.
    08-11-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD