A Rogers rep has confirmed receiving training on the Onyx, this means the Onyx will hopefully come out in 30 to 60 days.
    I just had training on the onyx the other day. So means in about 30-60 days it will launch.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f73/rog...4/index49.html
    YES! I'm off to tip CrackBerry.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 09-26-09 at 08:22 PM.
    09-26-09 01:08 PM
    awesome.. i was hoping it was less than 30 days though

just sold my bold so that i could get more for it, cause we crackberry users have the inside info know that the mass blackberry user population has no idea that the onyx is coming out and its gonna be the 'bold 2'.

anyways i sold it before it was announced so i could get the most cash, now im stuck with a crappy pearl flip, hopefully not for 60 days!!
    09-26-09 01:37 PM
    wow that was pretty fast.
    09-26-09 03:41 PM
    awesome.. i was hoping it was less than 30 days though

just sold my bold so that i could get more for it, cause we crackberry users have the inside info know that the mass blackberry user population has no idea that the onyx is coming out and its gonna be the 'bold 2'.

anyways i sold it before it was announced so i could get the most cash, now im stuck with a crappy pearl flip, hopefully not for 60 days!!
    hahah i did that too and am using a 3Gs and an 8320. LOL i need UMA and 3G tethering cant wait!!!
    09-26-09 04:34 PM
    Rogers reps were not trained on the Onxy, they were trained on the 8520.
    09-26-09 05:04 PM
    What? This guy is the Rogers rep for the forums, so he DEFINITELY knows what he's talking about. He's not just some random who doesn't know what he's saying. And we all know that the Onyx is coming to Rogers so it's not like he's pulling that out of his ***.
    09-26-09 05:31 PM
    While I'm inclined to believe the Rogers Rep from the forum...I still have my doubts.

But 60 days is good to hear.
    09-26-09 05:42 PM
    Are you a rep? No. They were being trained on the 8520 because it's being released in early October, now they're being trained on the Onyx...
    09-26-09 05:45 PM
    He was a rogers Tech, not a rep, but i do believe him, and it makes sense that the techs are one of the first to know since they have to be trained and have a enough time so they can "fix" or "fiquire out' an issue
    09-26-09 05:47 PM
    Exactly.

Just another thread to get peoples hopes up for nothing. It'll release when it'll release.

Close this thread up.
    09-26-09 06:00 PM
    Exactly.

Just another thread to get peoples hopes up for nothing. It'll release when it'll release.

Close this thread up.
    lol, and you know that the rogers techs didn't get trained on it? until you can prove it wrong i'm going with what the tech said!
    ps. i really don't care when it's realsed! i'm going to get it when it comes out but my 8900 is good right now
    09-26-09 06:03 PM
    lol, and you know that the rogers techs didn't get trained on it? until you can prove it wrong i'm going with what the tech said!
    ps. i really don't care when it's realsed! i'm going to get it when it comes out but my 8900 is good right now

Lock this up.
    09-26-09 06:07 PM
    Ah, touch� ... You win

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 06:23 PM
    This news came out of the forum and this was only posted yesterday. I don't think this Rogers tech is lying as he has been posting as a Rogers employee for awhile. I see no reason to lock but I'm a noob to BlackBerrys and have never owned one yet (onyx will be my first).

Oh and I'm not trying to get peoples hopes up this was posted from a Tech, you can see his original post if you click the link. There could be many reasons as to why its not on Rogers website yet.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 09-26-09 at 08:10 PM.
    09-26-09 08:02 PM
    Ah, my fellow crack addicts... I want to warn against getting hyped up for the Onyx.

I was once like all of you..young.. naive... hopeful. Then came the Bold rumors, started around January/February and then a phone that was supposed to released in april, became june, became july, became august and so on and so forth.

Now I'm not saying this phone won't come out soon and in all honesty I truly believe it will but their is a LOT of bull**** involved in getting a phone on the shelves, and any number of things can go wrong here. Conclusion? Just relax, the phone will come when it does and if anything truly substantial comes along trust Crackberry to drop it before some guy on the forums.
    09-27-09 01:06 AM
    watch out guys illionaire is here to be negative and be a big downer and a hater all at once

also accompanying him is his signature phrase 'lock this up'
    09-27-09 04:27 AM
    watch out guys illionaire is here to be negative and be a big downer and a hater all at once

He just doesn't want us all to be hopeful of it releasing soon and mad when it doesn't. If the Oynx doesn't come out before December I'm getting an iPhone. Reason being my Birthday is November first and I don't want to wait.
    09-27-09 06:25 AM
    He just doesn't want us all to be hopeful of it releasing soon and mad when it doesn't. If the Oynx doesn't come out before December I'm getting an iPhone. Reason being my Birthday is November first and I don't want to wait.
    And to be honest, the 3GS is a damn good phone minus BBM.
    09-27-09 11:00 AM
    so isnt this like a year from the bold?
    09-27-09 11:03 AM

Yes, I'm a hater because the Onyx is coming.

*Holds laugh*

Ah, my fellow crack addicts... I want to warn against getting hyped up for the Onyx.

I was once like all of you..young.. naive... hopeful. Then came the Bold rumors, started around January/February and then a phone that was supposed to released in april, became june, became july, became august and so on and so forth.

Now I'm not saying this phone won't come out soon and in all honesty I truly believe it will but their is a LOT of bull**** involved in getting a phone on the shelves, and any number of things can go wrong here. Conclusion? Just relax, the phone will come when it does and if anything truly substantial comes along trust Crackberry to drop it before some guy on the forums.
    Exactly.

The problem is, people always want to be 'first' with any bit of information on the Onyx. The "My buddy at Rogers told me.." stories are getting old. Why not just wait for something official from the carrier themselves? Until then, stop with this he said, she said stuff.

That is all.
    Last edited by ILLIONAIRE; 09-27-09 at 11:31 AM.
    09-27-09 11:22 AM

Lock this up.
    Ah yes I'm sure that the MODs here will lock this up just because you say so!
    This is a forum for people to come and share information, take it easy dude!
    10-17-09 07:51 PM
    Are you a rep? No. They were being trained on the 8520 because it's being released in early October, now they're being trained on the Onyx...
    I actually am a rep, and I can guarantee he was not trained on the device yet. The trainers in call centers are the first to know and be trained on upcoming devices. The training department hasn't even received a dummy unit yet, and we are at Oct 17. The training dept has had some training on it, but just to the fact that it will be with the Q4 lineup of phones. The tech may have been trained on the new os, but not the phone itself, there isn't even any info on the intranet besides the SKU being in the billing system. Q4 starts November 2. The phone will likely be released on or before that date.

Edit: I just went and reviewed that thread, I did post a reply to his claim in that thread as well, almost a month ago, and he hasn't posted back there since.

In regards to ILLIONAIREs post 2 above mine, I fully agree with what he is saying.

"I heard from the boyfriend of my cousins neighbors uncle that has a friend that works for rogers that the 9900 or finally bb 10,000 pluto/Dakota/magnum will be out on 10/10/10."
    Last edited by maddmaxx308; 10-17-09 at 08:53 PM.
    10-17-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD