Got mine tonight at Rogers Plus in Aurora Ontario. Cash and carry. Off contract, no hassles at all.
    08-09-11 07:46 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    picked up a Bold 9900 today at ROgers Plus downtown Toronto ... they just got several late in the afternoon .. .i was one of the first ...

amazing product!!! you will love it!!!!
    08-09-11 08:21 PM
    setting it up now. i dont mean to brag but damn, soo smooth and loving the touch screen full keyboard combo. pure winner!
    i'd really like to know how the battery life is with the new OS once you have used the phone for a few days could you let me know what you think of it as i have the curve 9300 and it's so bad thanks, congrats on your new bold 9900
    08-09-11 08:29 PM
    picked up a Bold 9900 today at ROgers Plus downtown Toronto ... they just got several late in the afternoon .. .i was one of the first ...

amazing product!!! you will love it!!!!
    +1 vote for the most distinguished username.
    08-09-11 08:33 PM
    Does anyone know a website that sells Rogers 9900 online so I can get it shipped?
    08-09-11 08:33 PM
    All the Rogers Plus in Montreal refuse to sell off contract
    Shoot an email to [email protected] they technically have to sell you the phone at full retail and if you have problems, that's who you contact

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 09:41 PM
    i'd really like to know how the battery life is with the new OS once you have used the phone for a few days could you let me know what you think of it as i have the curve 9300 and it's so bad thanks, congrats on your new bold 9900
    Someone already posted a Battery review on their blog--> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-636496/
    08-09-11 09:47 PM
    So does it have autofocus and hotspot capability or not??? Please someone wiith a retail version end the speculation!!!
    08-09-11 09:50 PM
    I hope I can get mine on cretid card as I'm still waiting to sell my 9700 and for pay day . I've read some people buying it on a credit card soo wish me luck!

08-09-11 09:51 PM
    Bought a 9900 outright at Rogersplus in Victoria. The one clerk told me I had to hardware upgrade, but after the other one said she sold one outright I strongly suggested that I would too like one off contract. Sweet device!
    08-09-11 10:11 PM
    Ques, does Rogers work on att here the us specifically Chicago, il.???
    08-09-11 10:43 PM
    Ques, does Rogers work on att here the us specifically Chicago, il.???
    From what I've read it does.
    08-09-11 11:30 PM
    So does it have autofocus and hotspot capability or not??? Please someone wiith a retail version end the speculation!!!
    no and no.
    08-09-11 11:35 PM
    Got mine =) ... Last one the store has ... i have one on hold at another Rogers store for release on friday ... pm me for details (in vancouver)
    08-09-11 11:54 PM
    no and no.
    So u bought one already?
    08-10-11 01:21 AM
    Does anyone know a website that sells Rogers 9900 online so I can get it shipped?
    im looking to do this as well.
    08-10-11 07:59 AM
    Shoot an email to [email protected] they technically have to sell you the phone at full retail and if you have problems, that's who you contact

i emailed them but they still haven't replied. do you know how long it generally takes for them to reply. all the stores i've been to in toronto have said the same thing: "no to no contract outright purchase."
    08-10-11 08:44 AM
    Bell is selling them online now
    08-10-11 08:45 AM
    So u bought one already?
    Yep. Yesterday morning.

08-10-11 08:51 AM
    Yay nice guy @ rogers plus in Laval sold me 2 off contract

08-10-11 09:05 AM
    I went at 10am this morning when the opened, he remembered me from yesterday and had the phone ready for me. He joked "good thing you beat the line up" as I was the only person in the store, lol

It was no problem to buy it off contract, was $621.49 with HST

switching devices as we speak!!!!
    08-10-11 09:35 AM
    God I hate Rogers... Went to one store I talked to yesterday who said they couldn't sell them until today and after waiting in line for 20 minutes, they say they don't have any yet. Errr... Then why did you tell me yesterday that you did!!!

Now I am stuck in line at another location. One guy working, 5 people in line... Slower than mollasses in January.

Maybe I should take this as a sign and just give up...

08-10-11 09:49 AM
    I walked in to a Rogers Plus this morning mainly for some recon. My objective was to price out a unit with a contract renewal. They said it would cost me $465 plus tax when all is said and done. This price includes the retail price plus fees, plus "early upgrade" of $180 (as I'm 10 months shy of my 30 month loyalty upgrade).

And this is all of course including bringing my 3 year contract back to day 1...

So is it worth an upgrade? I'm waiting to hear back, from a manager, if they can do anything about the price based on loyalty of 6 years. Apparently the old Rogers tradition of giving people upgrades based on their "revenue" (how much you pay each month) is long gone. We shall see. Maybe if they can't do anything about the hardware, maybe they can flex on my monthly plan? I dunno, but I'm hopeful.
    08-10-11 09:57 AM
    I walked in to a Rogers Plus this morning mainly for some recon. My objective was to price out a unit with a contract renewal. They said it would cost me $465 plus tax when all is said and done. This price includes the retail price plus fees, plus "early upgrade" of $180 (as I'm 10 months shy of my 30 month loyalty upgrade).

And this is all of course including bringing my 3 year contract back to day 1...

So is it worth an upgrade? I'm waiting to hear back, from a manager, if they can do anything about the price based on loyalty of 6 years. Apparently the old Rogers tradition of giving people upgrades based on their "revenue" (how much you pay each month) is long gone. We shall see. Maybe if they can't do anything about the hardware, maybe they can flex on my monthly plan? I dunno, but I'm hopeful.
    I was in the exact same situation as you. I thought the phone was 200/3yr + upgrade of 180... Turns out its 300 (w/ mailin rebate of 50) + 180 + 35 activation fee + tax... you save less than a 100 in the end.. its not worth it... mind as well buy it outright at 550 and save your upgrade for later... Thats what im doing atleast
    08-10-11 12:12 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD