I find the volume to be the same like the .266 b4 I went to the .282. One thing<, I don't get an echo any more (some times i use to hear my echo on the .266) but i only used .282 for one day. so far so good

Thanks for the feedback. That's great to hear (literally, lol) and it's great that you don't get the echo anymore. At times I get that but not often. I should be getting my refurb either tomorrow or Friday and I'll definitely put
    .282 on it. My other concern is that a couple of members reported that their calendar dates are missing after upgrading to .282. Not sure if anyone else have this issue.
    07-08-09 04:19 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. That's great to hear (literally, lol) and it's great that you don't get the echo anymore. At times I get that but not often. I should be getting my refurb either tomorrow or Friday and I'll definitely put
    .282 on it. My other concern is that a couple of members reported that their calendar dates are missing after upgrading to .282. Not sure if anyone else have this issue.
    I haven't lost any calendar dates or volume after upgrading. I was on .226 before.
    07-08-09 05:15 PM
    I think Branta's point in his posts has gotten a bit lost in this thread.

He made two main points: one was that there is no simple comparision between different OS's - it is impossible to say which is "the best" of different builds (.247 vs .266 vs .282) because it depends on what you have on your phone and how you use your phone and what your preferences are.

The second point was that there is no difference in the CSL and Rogers versions of .282 besides the languages.

There is a lot of speculation in this thread about how the "two" versions of .282 function, but having used them both I can say that I see no difference between them in battery life, browser speed, lags or delays, or anything else with this tiny exception: I have exactly 1 MB more of available memory on Rogers than on CSL. This may be because of the space the different language packs take up, but I have no idea, and I won't speculate. It wasn't worth making the switch from CSL, though. I now have 51MB of memory rather than 50MB.

Anyway, lots of different perceptions here. And I only have one more to add. But I remain unconvinced that there is any real difference between these two builds.

I know - a bunch of you have already said otherwise. And will say so again. So be it.
    07-08-09 05:31 PM
    I haven't lost any calendar dates or volume after upgrading. I was on .226 before.

That's good to hear. I was concerned about the calendar.
    07-08-09 07:30 PM
    That's good to hear. I was concerned about the calendar.
    Just pull the trigger on the OS upgrade and you'll be good.
    07-08-09 07:31 PM
    Just pull the trigger on the OS upgrade and you'll be good.

I will as soon as I get my refurb.
    07-08-09 07:40 PM
    I will as soon as I get my refurb.
    You and your refurbs..... Stop kickboxing your phone already.
    07-08-09 07:45 PM
    I actually have noticed the volume to be slightly lower on .282. With my Blutooth in my car i used to lower the volume on my phone it was so loud but now its a little harder to hear with the volume at max.
    07-08-09 07:48 PM
    You and your refurbs..... Stop kickboxing your phone already.

I still have my original Bold. But I have to keep the refurb this time because I have a hardware problem not software. So there!
    07-08-09 08:08 PM
    For me I lost all my calender entries. it was completely cleared after the update. Good thing I use my gmail calender for everything so I just synced everything back using google sync. If you are going to do this upgrade try and see if there some way to save all your calender entries. ( just to be safe). For some there was no problem and for others ( like my self ) this was a problem. For now ( 2 days with .282 rogers ) the only problem.

Good luck
    Last edited by TheBBman; 07-08-09 at 08:40 PM.
    07-08-09 08:36 PM
    For me I lost all my calender entries. it was completely cleared after the update. Good thing I use my gmail calender for everything so I just synced everything back using google sync. If you are going to do this upgrade try and see if there some way to save all your calender entries. ( just to be safe). For some there was no problem and for others ( like my self ) this was a problem. For now ( 2 days with .282 rogers ) the only problem.

Good luck
    aren't calendar entries backed up during a back up
    07-08-09 09:25 PM
    aren't calendar entries backed up during a back up
    could be, but when I my phone got restored all entries where gone.
    07-08-09 09:38 PM
    .266 Rocks! .266 Is Stable! .266 Loads Pictures Fast! .266 Has Superb Battery Life .266 Has Great Rf Signal And Holds Onto A Signal Rock Solid! Everything Works Well On .266! .237 Was Ok, .247 Was Darn Good, But .266 Rocks! Hail To .266!

Repeat:

.266 Rocks! .266 Is Stable! .266 Loads Pictures Fast! .266 Has Superb Battery Life .266 Has Great Rf Signal And Holds Onto A Signal Rock Solid! Everything Works Well On .266! .237 Was Ok, .247 Was Darn Good, But .266 Rocks! Hail To .266!

Summary:

.266 REALLY Rocks!
    07-08-09 10:04 PM

Good luck

Did you do a backup before upgrading? I always backup my data and it saves my calendar entries. When I do a restore all my calendar dates shows up. Did you try this method and it didn't work?
    07-08-09 11:31 PM
    .282 has been flawless for me. running average 58Megs free.. have a few programs installed.. Menus and everything loads instantly. pictures load perfect, videos as well. Hands down best OS.
    07-09-09 12:44 AM
    I am loving this release.

Everything is working flawless.

And I am actually brave enough to use 3g on all day, the battery life is amazing!
    07-09-09 04:15 AM
    282 rogers has been the best for me

superior than 282 east asia
    07-09-09 05:33 AM
    282 rogers has been the best for me

superior than 282 east asia
    I could have sworn the were identical in every way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 07:15 AM
    I could have sworn the were identical in every way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    some of my friends also thought the same

but i prove it to them

282 east asia ==>51 MB free memory after quick pull

282 rogers ==> 58Mb free memory after quick pull

thanks to 282 rogers, i won my bet and they bought me a nice dinner

LOL
    07-09-09 07:34 AM
    Did you do a backup before upgrading? I always backup my data and it saves my calendar entries. When I do a restore all my calendar dates shows up. Did you try this method and it didn't work?
    Yes, Before it does the update it automatically backs up everything. But also did my own backup. Ether way it was not a big deal for because i use google and it was easy to get everything back.
    Maybe I did something wrong it was only the 2nd or 3rd time doing an update so you never know lol
    07-09-09 09:57 AM

Repeat:

But how do you feel about 266?
    07-09-09 10:00 AM
    But how do you feel about 266?
    hahaha.. im thinking he prefers .282 no?
    07-09-09 11:03 AM
    Yes, Before it does the update it automatically backs up everything. But also did my own backup. Ether way it was not a big deal for because i use google and it was easy to get everything back.
    Maybe I did something wrong it was only the 2nd or 3rd time doing an update so you never know lol

So then it was you after all? Just kidding, lol. I'm impatiently waiting for my refurb so I can test out .282.

KB, not a word from you!
    07-09-09 11:22 AM

Repeat:

Summary:

.266 REALLY Rocks!
    We're not going to get anywhere if you hold back how you really feel.
    07-09-09 11:23 AM
    So then it was you after all? Just kidding, lol. I'm impatiently waiting for my refurb so I can test out .282.

KB, not a word from you!
    Hope it comes soon. I hate waiting lol
    07-09-09 11:41 AM
217 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD