I posted a comment already about this official release and so did someone else and they claimed the picture load time is faster then any OS'es prior.

I must try this OS version out from rogers when i have time to do so, yes i know it has been released by a prior carrier, but read my comment on the page below about this release from rogers.

Please for people who try this release from rogers post your findings in here (this thread) and be specific about if your a rogers customer and so forth specfic results or losses.

Info here:

Rogers Releases OS 4.6.0.282 for the BlackBerry Bold | CrackBerry.com

Download page here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
    07-04-09 08:58 AM
    Any difference with the asian version? Other than the carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 09:54 AM
    Greetings to the crackberry community...special shoutouts to all my rogers people!!! lol...

Anyhoo let's get to the review:

First Impressions:
    I was previously running version 4.6.0.162 and at often times i felt my blackberry bold was often extremely sluggish no matter how much i tried to free up space (mind you i only have a 1gb card in my bold). However i just updated to 4.6.0.282 and i was extremely impressed with the fluidity and the smooth and quick transitions that accompanies this firmware.

Media:
    One thing i also realized as well is the increase in response times to any request made in the media section, specifically pictures. Based on my own experience via my bold on the previous firmwares the pictures take a while to load via the memory card. However, with the new firmware the pictures load alot quick as well as when selecting specific thumbnails they load a whole lot faster which is a positive sign.

Other than that there isn't any significant differences from previous firmwares (mind you i have been using it for maybe an hour now lol) but speed and the media response section. But then again i could also be wrong. This is my personal analysis.

P.S battery life is still yet to be determined.
    07-04-09 10:46 AM
    Greetings to the crackberry community...special shoutouts to all my rogers people!!! lol...

First Impressions:
    I was previously running version 4.6.0.162 and at often times i felt my blackberry bold was often extremely sluggish no matter how much i tried to free up space (mind you i only have a 1gb card in my bold). However i just updated to 4.6.0.282 and i was extremely impressed with the fluidity and the smooth and quick transitions that accompanies this firmware.

Media:
    One thing i also realized as well is the increase in response times to any request made in the media section, specifically pictures. Based on my own experience via my bold on the previous firmwares the pictures take a while to load via the memory card. However, with the new firmware the pictures load alot quick as well as when selecting specific thumbnails they load a whole lot faster which is a positive sign.

Other than that there isn't any significant differences from previous firmwares (mind you i have been using it for maybe an hour now lol) but speed and the media response section. But then again i could also be wrong. This is my personal analysis.

Keep me updated. I have the asian version of .282. I might upgrade

07-04-09 10:54 AM
    This version runs very well.. very fast. i was running .266 and i even think the volume increased significantly from the previous version.. very pleased so far.. although the earpiece sounds kind of buzzy... not sure if thats software related.. but i dont remember having that... strange..
    Last edited by xplode; 07-04-09 at 11:44 AM.
    07-04-09 11:05 AM
    can someone please tell me how exactly to upgrade it? ive tried to read the other sticky's about it but they are confusing.
    07-04-09 11:58 AM

First Impressions:

Media:

Well you made a big upgrade so of course you would see such good things.... Try .266 and see if it fits you.... I think .266 is better and more stable than .282 even though the rogers version IS better than the prior ones..... Just throwing in my 2 cents

07-04-09 12:03 PM
    can someone please tell me how exactly to upgrade it? ive tried to read the other sticky's about it but they are confusing.
    Hope these guides helps ...

How to Install BlackBerry OS

How to backup 3rd Part Applications
    07-04-09 12:11 PM
    any other link coz i dont have the ip policy to download from the officail page...
    07-04-09 12:44 PM
    I retract my previous statement about the earpiece being buzzy. I just forgot that umts/gsm voice sounds a bit different than cdma. Great update. Att launch the next build plz kthx. Lol..
    07-04-09 12:56 PM
    ill probably ugrade to this one tonight already running the asian version and like it alot
    07-04-09 01:12 PM
    you dont have to wipe your phone to upgrade right?
    07-04-09 01:17 PM

First Impressions:

Media:

Lol, I got the problem wit the OS 282 from CSL in the Media part, the picture thumnails load very slow, one by one==, i dun know why, and I think lots of you suffer the same problem. Can anyone who suffer the same prob as me, please check to see the prob is solved? Thanks a lot, I really like the OS 282, better than the 266, especially for at&t users like me

07-04-09 01:38 PM
    Upgrading now on my IBM, will report back when finished.
    07-04-09 01:58 PM
    Well one thing I noticed is with the other 282 version I started with 51mb on memory. With this Rogers release I started with 55mb.
    Last edited by headshot; 07-04-09 at 09:02 PM.
    07-04-09 02:17 PM
    Just finished, my pictures seem to load quickly and everything is working properly...

Can someone tell me how to find out how much memory I am currently using up?? My File Free is 46mb after the upgrade.
    07-04-09 02:29 PM
    Is there really any difference between the Asian version and the Rogers version?

07-04-09 03:09 PM
    Different carriers releases are slightly different. Some carriers software has more bugs than others
    07-04-09 04:33 PM
    Hmm.. The Asian .282 OS was the only official release that I've had problems with (both installing and stability) in ages. I always understood that the same OS is the same regardless of who releases it. If it's true that there can be more bugs w/one carrier's release, then I may try the Rogers release.

For now I'm happy back @ .266.

07-04-09 04:40 PM
    Well darn it all! I tried the old version .282 twice (wanted it to work for me so badly), but because of RF reception issues in my office, I had to revert back to an earlier version OS. This new Rogers version came along and I tried it today. Followed ALL of the recommended upgrade steps as usual. Initially the signal did seem to be better... BUT I got several APP ERROR 523 plus I couldn't access my media card, as after several reboots it was still scanning and the progress bar on the bottom showed less than 5%.

Everyone else that got this new Rogers .282 version, congratulations! Some how, this one is not for me and I'm successfully back on .266 (.247 is good, too).

Happy 4th of July to all!!!
    07-04-09 04:43 PM
    No there is absolutely zero difference between the Asia version and the Rogers version except the Vendor.xml file.
    07-04-09 04:45 PM
    No there is absolutely zero difference between the Asia version and the Rogers version except the Vendor.xml file.
    Not to undermine you, but that is not always an absolute statement to make as many carriers like rogers will tweak the os'es for there software and also tweak some other thinsg to run smoother and faster, less buggy.

Now that being said it would be more of a factual statement to say that these 2 os'es are similar in size and similar with specifications, but not to 100% state they run the same.

I will be updating in about 10-20 min and i will post my review from NON ROGERS .266 to this ROGERS .282 release.
    07-04-09 05:07 PM
    I have updated mine. Seems to boot up much faster than .266.

Only issue I have is that I am connected to my Wi-Fi, but the wifi icon is gray. Anyone resolve that issue? I did a BP, and nothing.
    07-04-09 05:17 PM
    Well i just upgraded and with no apps except what ever default gave me (which equals not much), no third party apps either.

I have 59-62 MB FREE MEMORY as OPPOSED to .266 only gave me 52MB FREE.

Of course that will be reduced once i load my third party apps back on, but i am betting to around 45MB-55MB afterwards. Version .266 would leave me with around 39-45MB.

I must now test this baby out more.
    Last edited by xamdam; 07-04-09 at 05:49 PM.
    07-04-09 05:42 PM
    Damn tethering is broken in this release. BT tethering no longer works
    07-04-09 05:59 PM
217 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD