Like many who registered to be informed of the release date from rogers of the BOLD. I just now received the following. Is this some sort of escape route taken by rogers for not being able to release the phone in-store?

08-22-08 02:38 PM
    No, they've been launched in stores... we found 6 (all sold out) in Montreal over the past two days.. Finally today we (well, my boyfriend) went to a store where they were available and got the last one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 03:38 PM
    there was about 30 available in-store throughout canada.
    I hardly call that an in-store launch

Im assuming 1 truck got by and they decided to scatter the bolds to make it look like they are selling them nation wide. but I hear more about people not being able to find any then people walking into stores and being able to buy one.
    08-22-08 03:52 PM
    Yeah it took a LOT of effort to find the one we did, but the store on St-Laurent here in Montreal had them.

I guess I can say we got lucky! The store had 2 and we got the last one.
    08-22-08 04:10 PM
    i have been hunting for one in toronto counldnt find one it sucks
    08-22-08 04:20 PM
    Plenty here in Calgary
    08-22-08 05:08 PM
    I found one finally. Apparently it was their last one as well and not only that but apparently it was reserved for a guy who never came to get it so the store rep gave it to me
    08-22-08 07:38 PM
    where in calgray did you fine some?
    08-22-08 09:14 PM
    Future Shop had a few, most of the local Rogers stores have waiting lists ... with anywhere from 50 to 100 people on them, lol ...

Glad I ordered online even though it didn't arrive today and probably won't Monday either
    08-22-08 09:51 PM
    I found one at a futureshop in calgary ( the beacon hill location) I called them around noon and the dude said they just got 1 in!! Lol so I had it held for me and was there to pick it up in 20mins. Apparently each futureshop only received 1 bold... Weird. Anyways, I love the phone, its totally awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 10:09 PM
    most rogers authorized dealers here don't have any stock yet. A couple futureshop/bestbuys got two or three but sold quick. I managed to track one down at a rogers video and wireless location
    08-22-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD