When i called Rogers, i mentioned to them that Telus and Bell offered it cheaper so she credited me $50 off the phone so i got it for $149 on Rogers. It all depends on the agent because two times before they were not budging. Go figure. (I am on a corp account though)
    08-12-11 11:58 AM
    i called about 3-4 times to get to rogers retentions. i just got my HUP last sept for my torch. finally got to a rep, gave me a HUP for $249 + 35 admin fee + back to 3 year contract. along with 2 other buddies that called, got the same offer.
    08-12-11 12:05 PM
    I'm confused. When you say you "called" Rogers, shouldn't you order the phone from a Rogers store because you cannot do it over the phone?

That's what I've been told from a Rogers rep.
    08-12-11 12:24 PM
    I'm confused. When you say you "called" Rogers, shouldn't you order the phone from a Rogers store because you cannot do it over the phone?

That's what I've been told from a Rogers rep.
    You need to talk to somebody in the retentions department, the regular CSRs can't do anything.

i called about 3-4 times to get to rogers retentions. i just got my HUP last sept for my torch. finally got to a rep, gave me a HUP for $249 + 35 admin fee + back to 3 year contract. along with 2 other buddies that called, got the same offer.
    Are you guys going to try to get them to go lower? I was told to wait until I get my phone and then call back to see what the HUP was like and if it changed with the drop today.
    08-12-11 12:27 PM
    Do Americans have to pay the tax (GST/HST) when ordering online or in person?

-Rich
    If the store would send the phone straight to your US address they shouldn't charge you any tax. If you buy it in person then you pay the tax but before you cross the border you should go inside the duty free shop on Canadian side and ask for a tax claim form ( forgot what is called ). You would fill it out, attach the original receipt and send it to ministry of revenue for the tax refund. That's how it was unless it has been changed.
    08-12-11 12:28 PM
    If the store would send the phone straight to your US address they shouldn't charge you any tax. If you buy it in person then you pay the tax but before you cross the border you should go inside the duty free shop on Canadian side and ask for a tax claim form ( forgot what is called ). You would fill it out, attach the original receipt and send it to ministry of revenue for the tax refund. That's how it was unless it has been changed.
    I doubt stores would ship to the US.
    08-12-11 12:41 PM
    [QUOTE=nikonwhore;6563394]You need to talk to somebody in the retentions department, the regular CSRs can't do anything.

If Retention quotes me at a better price, would it be saved on my file to go to a Rogers Plus store? How would the store know that I received a better price?
    08-12-11 12:42 PM
    [QUOTE=jinxednuance;6563455]
    You need to talk to somebody in the retentions department, the regular CSRs can't do anything.

If Retention quotes me at a better price, would it be saved on my file to go to a Rogers Plus store? How would the store know that I received a better price?
    I did asked this question at the store. They said that you would get the file/case # from retention and when you go to the store they would look into this case # for details/confirmation and sell the phone to you at the price qouted to you by retentian dep.
    08-12-11 12:55 PM
    that is a valid point...

I called the store to find out if it was 199 then a 50 dollar rebate but supposely its 250 then with the rebate it comes down to 199... She didn't seem too smart but I will be going by the store later on today so I can update..
    update: I went to the rogers store, the price is 250 and you get a 50 dollar mail in rebate which makes it 200...

So it is NOT 200 then a 50 dollar rebate for a total of 150
    08-12-11 01:32 PM

Are you guys going to try to get them to go lower? I was told to wait until I get my phone and then call back to see what the HUP was like and if it changed with the drop today.

yes going to call after i get my phone! should be arriving today via ups!
    08-12-11 01:53 PM
    [QUOTE=jinxednuance;6563455]

stores and retentions is totally different. i can only get my 9900 shipped to me because it's through retentions for that rate. in stores they cant really do much.
    08-12-11 01:55 PM
    I forgot to mention that i was actually activating a new second business line, so i was negotiating from a stance of creating a new source of income for them...and didn't want to pay extra for the same phone compared to a competitor
    08-12-11 03:14 PM
    For those who got the phone from a store for $250 ($299 w/ $50 rebate), I just spoke to CR and they said I need to go back to the store and they will apply a credit to my account to match the new $199 price.

Hope that helps.

Edit: I was also able to get them to apply a $11 credit for three months to compinsate for the $35 activation fee the store charged (they have no control over the fee itself).
    08-12-11 06:07 PM
    Just got it for $308 including Quebec taxes. Thats:

$250 - phone
    $30 - early upgrade fee
    $35 - one time upgrade fee
    $xx - taxes
    -$50 - mail-in rebate.
    08-12-11 06:17 PM
    Mine should be here Monday via UPS from Rogers retention department. I am 10 months into my contract (got 9800 in October) Rogers is giving me a the 9900 for $199 plus $35 activation fee. I have always had great service from them.
    08-12-11 09:02 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD