From my understanding that Rogers is offering for a 3 year contract is $250. However, my friend got it for $150.

Apparently it is 199 + 50 rebate. So I'm a little confused because it still doesn't show on Rogers website.
    08-11-11 07:49 PM
    I wonder how your friend got it for $150?

I was charged the $250, and the rebate coupon was given for me to do the usual with it. Oh, and any early upgrade fees would be on top, as well as admin fee.
    08-11-11 07:55 PM
    I wonder how your friend got it for $150?

I was charged the $250, and the rebate coupon was given for me to do the usual with it. Oh, and any early upgrade fees would be on top, as well as admin fee.
    1. change your signature. you're now the proud owner of a 9900!

2. I'm not sure either, I was surprised when she told me. I was like are you sure? She said yes. It was 199 + 50 rebate! I will have her 2x check.

O O and with this very post, I reach my 1000th post. I am officially a CrackBerry Master!
    08-11-11 07:59 PM
    1. change your signature. you're now the proud owner of a 9900!

2. I'm not sure either, I was surprised when she told me. I was like are you sure? She said yes. It was 199 + 50 rebate! I will have her 2x check.
    1. I'm not officially the user just yet of my 9900. I found out after unboxing it that a plastic part isn't securely fastened. So, it's going back

2. I'll have to see. I don't think I've heard of anything yet saying the pricing changed. Who knows...maybe someone can chime in from the store level.
    08-11-11 08:02 PM
    I got my bold 9900 yesterday and also was charged $300-50 rebate for a total 250 plus tax from rogers
    08-11-11 08:21 PM
    Got mine for $300-50 rebate... plus activation.. and tax.. so $328 or so total...

Mine is also going back tomorrow since I have a gap
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=637325
    08-11-11 08:27 PM
    Same as above posters. I never actually received any instructions how to get my $50 rebate or is it done automatically through rogers?
    08-11-11 09:13 PM
    Useful thread.

I was about to upgrade with Rogers tonight. I'm fully eligible for an upgrade from my Bold 9000.

Rogers (store, phone sales, and customer retention) isn't offering anything better than $250 + some fee. I was extremely close to cancelling my contract. I've consistently spent hundreds on my personal Rogers bill monthly because of work for three years. Went across the street to Bell and they offered me $170 on a three year contract + activation. They seem to have similar plans.

Is this normal for Rogers? I am ready to sign on with Bell. Rogers isn't giving me a reason to stay. Maybe I just need to buy the phone outright.
    08-11-11 09:57 PM
    I'm in the same boat as DW0888. thought I don't spend hundreds a month, they aren't budging on the price.

Another question, is the price $299.00 with a $50.00 MIR or is it 249.99 with a $50.00 MIR?
    08-11-11 11:10 PM
    I don't think any of the top end plans of bell are competitive with what I get from Rogers. I highly doubt if you generate "hundreds per month" for them, that they wouldn't give you the phone for free. You'd be simply too valuable of a customer (revenue generator) for them to let you go.

I got mine for 160. 300 - 50MIR - 90 (2 months of my base 45$/mo plan)

I get 750 daily, early evening weekends, wifi canadawide calling, 6 gigs data, and the essentials pack for 124 after tax. I don't think bell offers that much daily minutes.

I could have gotten an unlimited canadawide calling retentions plan for 65 but mms wast included in the texting to NA free from canada.
    Last edited by Broly; 08-11-11 at 11:31 PM.
    08-11-11 11:27 PM
    I got mine for $249.99 - $75 rebate. But then I went on the Bell site and they were selling it for $169.99 and I called back and they matched it. So I got it for $249.99 with am $80 rebate.
    08-11-11 11:32 PM
    Useful thread.

I was about to upgrade with Rogers tonight. I'm fully eligible for an upgrade from my Bold 9000.

Rogers (store, phone sales, and customer retention) isn't offering anything better than $250 + some fee. I was extremely close to cancelling my contract. I've consistently spent hundreds on my personal Rogers bill monthly because of work for three years. Went across the street to Bell and they offered me $170 on a three year contract + activation. They seem to have similar plans.

Is this normal for Rogers? I am ready to sign on with Bell. Rogers isn't giving me a reason to stay. Maybe I just need to buy the phone outright.
    Exact same thing happened to me today as well!! I called them 3 times, spoke to retentions everytime. All I was asking them to do was price-match Bell for $169 and they wouldn't even do that!! I even told them I was gonna switch to Bell after my contract expired in 6 months and they didn't seem to care much either!!

And supposedly now it's 30 months for HUP. I'm 27 months into my 3 year contract and was expecting to upgrade without any issues (or fees) since when I made my contract the HUP was only 24 months. Now I have to pay an extra $45 early upgrade fee in addition to the $35 activation fee. ROBBERSSSS!!!!!!!! These guys are just crooks.

Gonna wait until next week. Hopefully they get some sense over the weekend and drop their prices to match the competition once they realize they're losing business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 11:43 PM
    I got mine for $249.99 - $75 rebate. But then I went on the Bell site and they were selling it for $169.99 and I called back and they matched it. So I got it for $249.99 with am $80 rebate.
    how did you manage that? every single agent I have spoken to has said they don't price match and they were unwilling to give me any sort of discount on my contract. any suggestions?
    08-12-11 12:17 AM
    the contract/upgrade pricing is pretty poor at this time...the retail price is $549.99 when I bought mine 1 day before release date... the contract price is only getting you $300 discount in exchange for a $500 penalty... Rogers is doing the usual...let people that WANT it pay more, then they will drop price to $150 just like every other device that ever came out...
    08-12-11 12:39 AM
    I highly doubt if you generate "hundreds per month" for them, that they wouldn't give you the phone for free. You'd be simply too valuable of a customer (revenue generator) for them to let you go.
    (Hope this isn't a double post). I would have agreed with you until yesterday since your assumption is a reasonable one : they won't budge on price, therefore I must not be spending that much.

Over the past 36 months, I've spent at least $130 and at most ~$500, mostly in data and voice roaming in the US and overseas. Now it's possible I'm not a profitable client, though I imagine they have a healthy mark-up on roaming.

That's beside the point: the best price I get from Rogers is $250 + (activation?) Fee. The best price from Bell is $170 + (activation?) Fee. Both would be 3 year contracts. I have no obligation towards either vendor since my contract with Rogers expired this month.

Only thing maybe keeping me with Rogers is the GSM network that makes it easier to use my phone overseas. But I could always unlock the Bell 9900(?)

Someone mentioned his friend got it for $199. How did she pull that off?

08-12-11 07:57 AM
    seems like theres a price drop now! but is this 199 + 50 rebate?!?! that would be awesome

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...KR&N=52+11+278
    08-12-11 09:12 AM
    Bigger question is whether Rogers will provide the discount to those of us who already purchased at $249!
    08-12-11 09:41 AM
    that is a valid point...

I called the store to find out if it was 199 then a 50 dollar rebate but supposely its 250 then with the rebate it comes down to 199... She didn't seem too smart but I will be going by the store later on today so I can update..
    08-12-11 09:48 AM
    Talk to a retention rep and if they don't offer a direct discount on the price of the phone, ask for credits to be given to your account. The price robbers set isn't always written in stone and there work arounds if you're nice enough and can get the rep to like you enough. I was quoted (249+taxes) + 195 fees to upgrade, but after talking nicely to the rep she said call back in 1 week when my account is officially 18months and that they'll then review my account history and chances are I can upgrade without the fees and just pay the price for a contract renewal.

P.S as for the 199 price I've heard that this is indeed the price for corp accounts. Once again it never hurts to politely ask for credits/discount.

08-12-11 09:59 AM
    Do Americans have to pay the tax (GST/HST) when ordering online or in person?

-Rich
    08-12-11 10:17 AM
    250! no paying early upgrade fee's on that !
    08-12-11 10:18 AM
    Do Americans have to pay the tax (GST/HST) when ordering online or in person?

-Rich
    Certainly in person & I would imagine online too.
    08-12-11 10:27 AM
    how did you manage that? every single agent I have spoken to has said they don't price match and they were unwilling to give me any sort of discount on my contract. any suggestions?
    the credit it towards my bill, not the actual phone purchase (they said they don't have control over price of phone but can compensate in other ways - i.e. bill credits)
    08-12-11 11:15 AM
    seems like theres a price drop now! but is this 199 + 50 rebate?!?! that would be awesome

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...KR&N=52+11+278
    I just called Rogers retentions and they said there was nothing I could do about it, since I got a early hardware upgrade and the HUP doesn't reflect store prices.

Which really isn't that bad, considering that I upgraded just a year into my three year contract for the 3 year promo price at 249 yesterday.
    08-12-11 11:26 AM
    My friend called Rogers, to renew his phone (he's been with them for a year) it'll cost him 600$ in fees lol (no that's not outright that's a contract).

I hate Robbers!
    08-12-11 11:54 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD