Hello Everyone, I got my first Blackberry today, the bold and I am searching for the wireless update. I read that it can be found at "Menu -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Wireless Upgrade." But it is not there . Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-25-08 04:42 PM
    I dunno what that is because I dont have that option either
    08-25-08 04:43 PM
    congrats on the Bold! just a question, what and why are you upgrading anything if it is new?
    08-25-08 04:50 PM
    I dunno what that is because I dont have that option either
    I have the option on my bold im on orange uk.
    08-25-08 04:51 PM
    Which OS are you running? I am pretty sure that you only get that option after updating to 126.
    08-25-08 04:51 PM
    congrats on the Bold! just a question, what and why are you upgrading anything if it is new?
    I was just looking for it. Can not seem to find it.
    08-25-08 04:52 PM
    Which OS are you running? I am pretty sure that you only get that option after updating to 126.
    It says 4.6.0.125(platforum)4.0.0.134

How do i update to a newer version? Sorry for the questions but like i said this is my first BB.
    08-25-08 04:54 PM
    All I know is that my buddy at work is sitting right beside me (Dr.Tran from CB) and downloaded vlingo client in like 4 secs on his....This thing is mint, I'm in love, I'm about to say screw waiting for the Thunder and jumping to Rogers, to bad he was the only one able to get one from the Future Shop here.
    08-25-08 04:56 PM
    It says 4.6.0.125(platforum)4.0.0.134

How do i update to a newer version? Sorry for the questions but like i said this is my first BB.
    There is a "sticky" thread at the top of this forum that explains how to do it. I never checked in the menu for the "wireless update" feature when I got my Bold while I was running the OS that ships with the Rogers devices, but I can tell you that I have it now.

Many users are reporting better battery life and smoother operation in general with the most current OS, which is why I went right to it just after activation. You should understand, however, that it's not an 'official rogers release'.
    08-25-08 05:04 PM
    I don't have the "Wireless Upgrade" option.

I thought you only had it if you were connected to BES rather than BIS?
    08-25-08 05:11 PM
    Im connected to BIS, and obviously it doesn't provide anything yet, but it might once orange release a update.
    08-25-08 05:16 PM
    What does the wireless update even do? Install the newest OS OTA?
    08-25-08 05:20 PM
    There is a "sticky" thread at the top of this forum that explains how to do it. I never checked in the menu for the "wireless update" feature when I got my Bold while I was running the OS that ships with the Rogers devices, but I can tell you that I have it now.

Many users are reporting better battery life and smoother operation in general with the most current OS, which is why I went right to it just after activation. You should understand, however, that it's not an 'official rogers release'.

Is it better to wait for an official rogers release? or does it not really matter?
    08-25-08 05:29 PM
    Is it better to wait for an official rogers release? or does it not really matter?
    Well, it's safer to wait because once Rogers releases it officially, then if you run into any problems they have to help you out. I have read one report of a user who cooked his new Bold beyond repair doing the update, but it's hard to say why that happend without the details. And I don't know what Rogers is going to do in that case.

Having said that, I've updated two devices so far to 4.6.0.126 and they are running great and without any of the problems that people have been reporting since last Friday who have been using the official Rogers release OS.
    08-25-08 05:36 PM
    Well, it's safer to wait because once Rogers releases it officially, then if you run into any problems they have to help you out. I have read one report of a user who cooked his new Bold beyond repair doing the update, but it's hard to say why that happend without the details. And I don't know what Rogers is going to do in that case.

Having said that, I've updated two devices so far to 4.6.0.126 and they are running great and without any of the problems that people have been reporting since last Friday who have been using the official Rogers release OS.

Thanks i think i will wait for a rogers one then.
    08-25-08 05:39 PM
    Yes, wireless update vwill install the latest OS your carrier has released OTA. To upgrade to the latest OS the normal way, install desktop manager on your PC, download and install the latest OS you can find on your PC, delete the vendor.xml file (found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader), then plug your berry into your PC and launch the desktop manager. Follow the prompts, sit back and wait (though I hear upgrading the Bold is much fadter than older devices). Enjoy!
    08-25-08 05:42 PM
    I can get myself into enough trouble... I think I will wait for the official Rogers release also. 8) Mine hasn't been working too badly... not as great as I had hoped, but it's liveable.
    08-25-08 05:44 PM
    I have the .125 OS no problems here.
    08-25-08 07:26 PM
    I have the option , 4.6, 125

just tells me there is nothing new to update to

no probs
    08-25-08 11:37 PM
    seems like somes rogers phones have it while others dont
    08-26-08 06:00 AM
    I have the option , 4.6, 125

just tells me there is nothing new to update to

no probs
    Can you tell me where you found this? I swear I saw it yesterday, but I can't find it today. (using 4.6.125 on Rogers as well)
    08-26-08 02:47 PM
    I can't find it either, also...I can't seem to get thru "rogers mall" and "Do more" too.
    08-26-08 03:46 PM
    Menu -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Wireless Upgrade (last selection)
    08-26-08 07:05 PM
    I dunno... I'm exactly where you say and there is no option for that on my phone.

No Wireless Upgrade options here.
    08-27-08 12:09 AM
    I'm on OS .125 w/ Rogers and no Wireless Upgrade option for me either?!
    09-02-08 10:21 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD