Hey guys, I am new to the site but I have been a blackberry user for a few months now.

On to my question=:
    I would really like to get the BB Bold ASAP, I was considering purchasing it outright for full price from Rogers having it shipped to me in the USA(Atlanta,GA). Then unlocking the phone with a website I have used before (unlock2talk.com). Would the phone work on T-Mobile/ATT if I did this?
    08-10-08 12:49 PM
    NVM
    i live in Canada, ey
    :P
    Last edited by mikol; 08-10-08 at 01:00 PM.
    08-10-08 12:52 PM
    t-mobile att and rogers are all GSM carriers...
    08-10-08 12:55 PM
    It wouldnt work on t-mobile as Rogers is GSM.
    ????????
    08-10-08 12:59 PM
    if Rogers is GSM then what is TMO? also GSM right
    08-10-08 01:25 PM
    Other blackberry devices they are not TMO branded don't work. They set a hardcoded configuration in the the network that not alloud other phones without TMO software. So i think it's not smart to buy a third party BB, by using TMO.

notice: this only for the push mail function that don't work!
    08-10-08 01:29 PM
    Yes if you buy a Rogers Blackberry 9000 and unlock it you will be good to go. The only thing that will not work on the Blackberry Bold is the 3g. The 3g function will only work on AT&T.
    08-10-08 01:36 PM
    like CMEC said. it will work fine. the only thing that won't work is 3g and that is because tmobile has a new 3g network that uses a different frequency than the other 3g carriers in north america.
    08-10-08 01:43 PM
    Other blackberry devices they are not TMO branded don't work. They set a hardcoded configuration in the the network that not alloud other phones without TMO software. So i think it's not smart to buy a third party BB, by using TMO.

notice: this only for the push mail function that don't work!

not true, push mail works fine on unlocked phones.
    08-10-08 05:53 PM
    The Bold will only fully work if the Bold is purchased directly from the service provider that provides the service for the phone. This means:

Rogers Bold only works on Roger's network.
    ATT Bold only works on ATT network.
    "Phone Company" Bold only works on "Phone Company" network.
    Unlocked Bolds most likely will not work on any network anytime soon.
    08-10-08 05:56 PM
    The Bold will only fully work if the Bold is purchased directly from the service provider that provides the service for the phone. This means:

what do you mean? since when do unlocked GSM phones not work on other carriers? afterall that is the point of unlocking...
    08-10-08 06:19 PM
    To clear things up... since I am not sure what some people are talking about :

ATT, TMobile and Rogers are all GSM!!

(I am not saying there are not any other GSM carriers... but some people were being confusing )
    08-10-08 06:25 PM

And, WTF are you talking about?!

I would not go around spreading misinformation... as long as the Bold you acquire is able to receive the frequencies that your carrier uses, then you can unlock it and use it on your network. A lot of preproduction models are not working currently because RIM banned their PINs... but because they are "incompatible"
    08-10-08 06:27 PM
    All you guys that say it won't work on other carriers. Your stupid as ****. If you unlock it it will work perfectly but the 3g will only work for ATT. You can probably, later on that is, replace the firmware, delete the vendor.xml file and get rid of the rogers crap on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 06:33 PM
    like CMEC said. it will work fine. the only thing that won't work is 3g and that is because tmobile has a new 3g network that uses a different frequency than the other 3g carriers in north america.
    This is the way I understand it. Phone will work fine but T-Mobile USA uses a different freq for 3G. You could use it on T-mobile 3G in Europe but not USA. It has been reported it will work fine on AT&T in the US.
    08-10-08 06:35 PM
    Don't be f-ing ******** Hankster, get your info right before you post, there are too many newbees on here looking for solid information.
    08-10-08 09:20 PM
    I didn't feel like reading all the posts, but the Rogers Bold will work for AT&T. It's actually the same frequencies that are going to be on it, just different carrier software and branding.

So you can purchase the one from Rogers and use on AT&T as long as it's unlocked.

08-10-08 09:25 PM
    But let's make sure the facts are stated correctly here....

You can not use the Bold from Rogers or at&t on Tmobile and get 3G service. Tmobile's 3G service is completely different. If you don't care about one of the main reasons the Bold is coming out then by all means, enjoy your Bold on Tmobile's EDGE network.

To add, you can not use the Bold on Verizon's service at all.
    08-10-08 09:31 PM
    I understand that an unlocked Rogers Bold will work on the att network, but will the email work also? I read somewhere that the PIN may be locked down.
    09-03-08 07:44 PM
    So I have an unlocked T-Mobile 8320. Will everything on that device work on ATT's network. I mean I know it doesn't have 3G but will the browser and push email work?? Bmcclure is that the case? I trust your input.

09-03-08 07:58 PM

You don't have a clue what your talking about - WOW the sh*t that gets posted on these forums!
    09-03-08 11:37 PM
    So I have an unlocked T-Mobile 8320. Will everything on that device work on ATT's network. I mean I know it doesn't have 3G but will the browser and push email work?? Bmcclure is that the case? I trust your input.

Anyone?????
    09-04-08 08:59 AM
    Anyone?????
    It will work fine, and you should have asked your question in a separate thread instead of hijacking this one.
    09-04-08 09:04 AM
    I bought an unbranded/unlocked Bold on ebay, and it works find with my AT&T service...ALL features work...period.
    09-04-08 02:14 PM
    I bought an unbranded/unlocked Bold on ebay, and it works find with my AT&T service...ALL features work...period.
    Eric: I just unlocked my Rogers Bold for ATT. How do you setup a POP3 or IMAP email? I see where you can set up an enterprise email but not a personal one? I am not looking for push - just email access?

thanks
    09-05-08 07:43 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD