I know Rogers now has a promo for their bold 9900 for $100 on new activation. What I'm wondering is I looked at today's flyers for future shop and it showed $125 - save $75, what's this price for? I'm looking to upgrade.

Thank you.
    08-25-11 07:57 PM
    Possibly a misprint. I just checked Future Shops website and they have the Rogers 9900 for $99 on a 3 year contract. I think the Future Shop flyer is stating you save $75 because they are offering the 9900 at $125 which is $75 cheaper than Rogers website which lists the 9900 as $199 on a 3 year contract. I believe Future Shops price includes upgrades as long as your contract is up. But i could be totally wrong as i dont work for Future Shop. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DannyJK; 08-25-11 at 08:12 PM.
    08-25-11 08:09 PM
    Damn. So pretty much, if I'm just looking for an upgrade while still on contract, I should be only looking on the rogers site? It wouldn't make sense if it weren't a misprint and to have it for $125 if it's already $99. A lot of authorized dealers including Rogers Plus has it for $99, was just confused about the $125 from future shop.
    Last edited by e-Andy; 08-25-11 at 08:30 PM.
    08-25-11 08:27 PM
    Dont quote me on Future Shop only upgrading when your contract is up. I know Wal-Mart with some carriers will allow upgrades while still on contract they just charge you a cancellation fee and give you the phone for the displayed price on a 3 year term. So Future Shop may very well do the same thing. This is just speculation however. But yes the phone at Future Shop is indeed $99 on a 3 year term:

PROOF: Future Shop 9900 - Rogers Wireless

So Future Shop or Rogers Wireless are really your options for getting the 9900 for $99 as long as one of them will let you pay a contract cancellation penalty to upgrade, but if you really want to go to Future Shop it wouldnt hurt to go by there and explain your situation to them. They might let you upgrade if Future Shop is your preference as you may not have a Rogers Wireless near you or some dealy. Hope I helped and hope what i said didnt sound redundant.
    08-25-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD