Its a bit confusing because when you go to MANAGE CONNECTIONS, and u click Services Status, it states that BIS and BES use Wi-Fi whereas the phone uses Mobile Network.

I'm unsure as to whether there is still some component of the Rogers Mobile Network that is using up data even though im on Wi-Fi. The reason for this speculation is due to the fact that I ran a test and completely turn off the Mobile Network, and yet the Blackberry Browser continued to function!

Is there any sure way of knowing ?
    09-03-08 06:29 PM
    I pulled the SIM, browser still works with Wi-Fi, but emails are not sending.
    09-03-08 07:14 PM
    I believe that if it says the BES/BIS is connected over Wi-Fi then you are sending data over wi-fi. The reason it doesn't work without the sim card is because the BB plan is associated with the SIM card.

Try this: While you're connected to the Rogers network over 3G/EDGE connect to the Wi-Fi network. Then turn off the mobile network radio. The connection to the BES/BIS will remain...
    09-03-08 08:46 PM
    are you on a data plan...?
    I am and have both BES and BIS on my Bold. I just wanted to know if it was possible to get these going through Wi-Fi using alternative apps. As, for example, Jivetalk works great on Wi-Fi so Windows Live isn't really needed. Basically, can I get those emails working if I took out my SIM and just used the Wi-Fi.

thx
    09-03-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD