I was on rogers.ca web site today and what do i come across..on the bottom it says DARE TO BE BOLD....and it says with 1G of internal memory finally...
    sooo here is the link
    Rogers Communications - Wireless, Digital Cable TV, Hi-Speed Internet, Home Phone
    and i signed up to be notifined when its available
    05-20-08 12:23 PM
    Rumor over at BGR is June 9 - June 29 for a launch window. Who knows, I have the cash ready so when it hits it hits.
    05-20-08 12:49 PM
    I have lost confidence in Rogers. The promise of UMA service has fallen flat, there is no BlackBerry data support.

I guess the Bold and iPhone will share something in common, Rogers astronomical data rates.
    05-20-08 03:28 PM
    05-20-08 05:10 PM
    I have read a few things on the internet and hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

The Blackberry 9000 Bold has Wi-Fi action and is able to surf the internet through my home internet, though it won't come with Rogers UMA technology...?

I won't be able to use this Blackberry Bold with Rogers Home Calling Zone?

Such a new service and a new phone, one would think that this would of been included.

If someone could answer my question, that would be great.

Sorry if someone has posted this before. I have spent about an hour on here trying to find this out, and came up empty.
    05-20-08 09:56 PM
    Atleast the memory is up to a gig......that is great news....
    05-20-08 10:23 PM
    hey brad...

one can only assume at this stage whether the bold will support UMA for rogers.

some facts (someone please correct me if im wrong):

-not all wifi phones support UMA (eg. iphone does not).

-the bold is assumed to support UMA (from the website it says "Lower your cellular costs and get service in areas where cellular network coverage may be limited or unavailable, with BlackBerry® data services over Wi-Fi® networks"

-UMA is essentially up to the carrier to decide whether they "activate" it. if they do it will come as a firmware change to the phone. So buying a t-mobile phone, unlocking it, might not work on rogers uma service.

-UMA HCZ is considered an add-on to plans, so they might be gearing up for the bold.

-i think rogers just announced the curve 8320 with uma support, so that again indicates UMA for bold.
    05-21-08 04:47 PM
    check here: http://www.howardchui.com/

Can't Wait! for the BOLD.
    05-21-08 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD