Just found this page promoting the BB Bold, and it has an option to enter to be notified when it becomes available for purchase with Rogers.

Rogers Communications - Wireless - BlackBerry BOLD
    05-13-08 10:23 AM
    WTF, just noticed the page is listing the screen dimensions as 640 x 240?

Screen shot attached.
    05-13-08 10:27 AM
    Rogers doesn't have a clue what they were typing and most likely screwed up on the specs from the Jesus Phone II and the BB Bold.
    05-13-08 11:53 AM
    Rogers will be the Bold vs iPhone battlefield. I am guessing a lot of slightly used iPhones will on the market, cheap.

The Bold is UMA capable. Rogers is going UMA. iPhone is Wifi capable, but not UMA.

They both can burn a ton of data, that will make Mr. Rogers very happy and wealthy, very.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-13-08 at 12:40 PM.
    05-13-08 12:38 PM
    Any idea how much Rogers will be selling it for, with/without contract??
    05-13-08 02:23 PM
    If the pricing of their data plans are an indication, then start saving.
    05-13-08 03:03 PM
    Any idea how much Rogers will be selling it for, with/without contract??
    Depends on much you're willing to bend over for...lol.

I'd say with out contract...their hitting $800 even the 8800 currently is still set at $699.99 without contract.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 05-13-08 at 03:32 PM.
    05-13-08 03:17 PM
    according to TheRecord
    quote:
    In a note to clients, analyst Mike Abramsky of RBC Capital Markets wrote he expects AT&T and Rogers to begin selling the Bold in July or August for at least $349.

this sounds reasonable enough...
    by then we should know more about the BB Thunder and be able to make a "bold or thunder" decision!

good to see its UMA compatible...how do you know this though?
    05-13-08 03:50 PM
    good to see its UMA compatible...how do you know this though?
    BlackBerrys UMA is built into the Pearl and Curve '20's, but I understand it is not supported in the 8820.

BlackBerry Bold - Features

Simple and straightforward. Lower your cellular costs and get service in areas where cellular network coverage may be limited or unavailable, with BlackBerry� data services over Wi-Fi� networks
    That is Unlicenced Mobile Access.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-13-08 at 03:59 PM.
    05-13-08 03:54 PM
    What's the usual time frame before we see a decrease in price based on Blackberry's product life cycles?

I want the Bold, badly.. but I don't want to break the bank for it. 8700 still gettin the job done.
    05-13-08 04:08 PM
    thanks stoner - i read that before i thought it might mean UMA...but i didnt know if it just meant "data" over the wifi or can we even do "voice" over wifi, via UMA.

i also have a nokia n80 which has wifi, but no uma support...so thats why i hope, and i suspect, the bold will be have UMA support.

on a side note, perhaps rogers and rim share the same bed hence why the iphone is delayed so much in canada...so that rim can push out their bold before iphone and not lose any market share.
    05-13-08 04:52 PM
    ...so that rim can push out their bold before iphone and not lose any market share.
    Do you think?

Seems to me, Jim Balsillie and Ted Rogers have much more in common then Steve Jobs can muster. There might be something to that.
    05-13-08 07:48 PM
    That theory does sound pretty solid... Wow... Now that I think about it.
    05-13-08 08:31 PM
    yeh and add to the theory Rogers new HCZ will probably be pushed heavily for the bold, and "not available" for the iphone...

its funny..iphone was announced pretty much the same time the previous year as the bold was announced. yet the bold will hit rogers before it.

so its a win win for rogers and rim.
    But hey, im not complaining. Ive had access to the unlocked iphone all this time but still preferred to wait for a proper qwerty replacement for my (chipped) 8300
    05-13-08 09:48 PM
    Depends on much you're willing to bend over for...lol.

I'd say with out contract...their hitting $800 even the 8800 currently is still set at $699.99 without contract.
    God Damn,
    that is Highway Robbery in the middle of traffic jam
    05-14-08 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD