Went to the Rogers, Telus and Bell store today...all within 10 minutes.

None of them had a 9900 that I could show the wife so that she could see how crappy her 8320 is.

All of them had fake units to show off the hardware, no demo units to actually see the OS7 goodness. Quite a shame...

Although, Bell just didn't any BB7 phones. Asked when they would get the 9850 and they said probably next month.

And the sales guy at the Telus store, said the 9810 was dismissed as just like the 9800, and that I could form an opinion just by using the 9800...I was like omg...these noobz know nothing.

No mention of the faster processor, more memory, high res screen, smoother graphics, digital compass, and all that cool stuff that I wanted to see.

Even though I've seen plenty of reviews...I just wanted to try out any one of the new OS7 phones myself before I decide to sign my life away or pay big bucks for them...I was disappointed. With the endless array of android phones on demo, it seems like the carriers didn't really care about BB anymore. So much for a release...

Either that or I came across as a guy that wasn't worth their time.
    08-14-11 05:41 PM
    Went to the Rogers, Telus and Bell store today...all within 10 minutes.

None of them had a 9900 that I could show the wife so that she could see how crappy her 8320 is.
    HAHAHA, you don't need a 9900 to prove that to her...just show her a 9700, 9780, 9800....

Seriously though, that does suck, all of the Bell stores I have been to have had a working model on site for people to test. Not sure about the other carriers. They should have as well. You can try one of the aftermarket places in Rideau Mall or the market (if they still exist), I am sure there is a store on Bank that sells phone and is not tied to a carrier.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-14-11 at 06:09 PM.
    08-14-11 05:46 PM
    I just bought mine today from the St. Laurant store in Ottawa. They had no demo's either. The rep there said they were the only store in town to get them on Friday and had none of the display modles show. Sh was surprised she said when they got them and head office said that they could sell them.

I'm loving mine so far. I switched up from the 9800.
    08-14-11 05:50 PM
    yup, i had to go to wireless wave to get a live demo... and even then it wasn't on display, the dude went to the back to grab one to show me
    08-14-11 05:52 PM
    I saw a live demo at bestbuy yesterday at the St. James location in winnipeg, played with it and it was awesome but after moving from the 9000 to the 9800, its hard for me to go back to the smaller screen. I'm not sure though still need some time to play around with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 08-14-11 at 06:07 PM.
    08-14-11 06:04 PM
    I saw a live demo at bestbuy yesterday at the St. James location in winnipeg, played with it and it was awesome but after moving from the 9000 to the 9800, its hard for me to go back to the smaller screen. I'm not sure though still need some time to play around with it.

Why not wait for a 9810 (Is that the newest Torch?)
    08-14-11 06:10 PM
    Only visited one Rogers Plus location and they didn't have the Bold 9900 but had the new Torch 9810 out. What's worst was I found out I still have 18 months before I'm eligible, I thought it was this December.
    08-14-11 06:13 PM
    I just bought mine today from the St. Laurant store in Ottawa. They had no demo's either. The rep there said they were the only store in town to get them on Friday and had none of the display modles show. Sh was surprised she said when they got them and head office said that they could sell them.

I'm loving mine so far. I switched up from the 9800.
    Roo4x4 if you go down the road to the Best Buy on Coventry, they have a demo set up.
    08-14-11 06:20 PM
    Why not wait for a 9810 (Is that the newest Torch?)
    I know but I'm gonna wait till the 9860 (all touch Torch) comes out, play with it and see which I'll go with (the 9810 or 9860)

08-14-11 06:21 PM
    Coventry has one eh???? THANKS!!! Ill stop by there before work tomorrow! Its on the way! I was in Barrhaven at the Marketplace just so you Ottawa people know.

08-14-11 06:39 PM
    Sadly, because every store (Rogers, Bell, TELUS) got so few units, only a few have a 'spare' unit to demo. I know of two Rogers stores that got three devices, that's it. They'd rather sell them than put one on display.
    08-14-11 06:56 PM
    Sadly, because every store (Rogers, Bell, TELUS) got so few units, only a few have a 'spare' unit to demo. I know of two Rogers stores that got three devices, that's it. They'd rather sell them than put one on display.
    That is the same problem my friends were running into. Plus the stores had so few units, they wanted to sell them under contract to make the commission.
    08-14-11 06:58 PM
    I was at a corporate bell store in my area (shopping mall) today and had a chance to play with one a bit and I have to say it looks amazing with top notch build quality. They had plenty in stock but was shocked to hear they didn't sell any since launch.

08-14-11 07:01 PM
    I got an interesting tid-bit from a Wireless Wave location yesterday, where I picked up my 9810.

They said -typically at their store (of course not always) the live BB displays are actually returned units for whatever reason. I had a problem with set up, as did a few others, and because of a phone swap out for someone they had a 9810 out as a demo unit.

The two Rogers locations where I am don't have live phones (of anything), nor does Future Shop. MTS does, but doesn't have anything OS7 yet.
    08-14-11 07:16 PM
    I grabbed mine from edmonton ab southside telus location. They didn't have any on display yet, and I got there so early the sales rep hadn't even had time to finish her coffee!
    She gladly went to the back though and unboxed a 'for sale' unit without me even mentioning I was seriously interested.

I said I would probably swing back in the afternoon and grab it. She said not a problem, they had a bunch in stock.

08-14-11 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD