Hey I just updated my bold last night to 5.0.0.743 and i'm having a few little problems just wondering if anyone else has them or knows how to fix them if i can.

1-when I love the screen it no longer displays user info, in fact it just locks the keys from being pressed but stays on whatever screen you were on. so if I was in a confidential email then pressed the lock key, if someone touched my phone that's what would show up.

2-when my phone is locked as soon as I put it in the holster it unlocks. I tried turning "lock on holster" on and off just to see what would happen, no difference.

Really other then what seems to be a weird locking issue the updated OS seems to be running great... fast and nice and stable.
    07-02-10 05:41 PM
    Check out the "How to Lock" link in my signature below... it works a LOT differently since around .5xx.
    07-02-10 07:43 PM
    there is nothing in your sig. also pressing the "K" button does nothing before and it use to lock my phone itself. I do have all my other shortcuts working like "x" for msn etc... just "K" is useless atm. not being able to lock my phone is annoying more then anything.
    07-02-10 08:14 PM
    I went back to .442 because of the exact issues you described. Apparently it only displays the user info when locked if you set a password after .5xx versions.
    07-02-10 09:46 PM
    there is nothing in your sig. also pressing the "K" button does nothing before and it use to lock my phone itself. I do have all my other shortcuts working like "x" for msn etc... just "K" is useless atm. not being able to lock my phone is annoying more then anything.
    Really... wow... ok... try this link: How to Lock a OS 5.0 device... it's the same link that is in my Signature below... at the VERY bottom below Blackberry 101, BBSAK, UMA, Wifi, Desktop Manager, etc, etc, etc.
    07-03-10 08:34 AM

I hate this lock syndrome in newer firmwares,
    I updated to Rogers . 743 and my battery drains like just came out desert and will need tons of litter of water to satisfy his thirst.
    So,
    I went back to .423
    Its stable, old and with standby mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by infinus; 07-03-10 at 09:12 AM.
    07-03-10 09:10 AM
    I really don't see the issue with .5xx yea its different and you'll get used to it. Alt+enter does the paswd lock if you want it. And if u need it to locked all the time set you pswd time out to 1 min. The I will not progress cause I don't like change attitude will only ensure you will be left behind

07-03-10 09:44 AM
    yea the older OS was way better for me...the new OS was unnescessary for me!
    07-03-10 02:27 PM

I hate this lock syndrome in newer firmwares,
    I updated to Rogers . 743 and my battery drains like just came out desert and will need tons of litter of water to satisfy his thirst.
    So,
    I went back to .423
    Its stable, old and with standby mode.

I seem to be having the same issue with .743 in terms of battery life as well I'm seriously considering rolling back to .351.

07-05-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD