well for the last 2 years i have been using verizon and had the blackberry storm up untill febuary when i got the storm 2. well when i got those phones i loved them but thought it was odd niether one came with a case, now its not a huge issue but it would have been nice to get one to keep the screens from getting scratched. well today i switched to T-mobile and got the new bold 9700 and was supprized it came with a case! and its a pretty good one too so why is it the bold came with one(and i only paid 48.88 for the phone) and the storms diddnt. the first storm i paid almost 530 because i had to pay full price and i almost paid 200 for my storm 2.....
    06-14-10 06:58 PM
    Don't know about Storms, never had one, but my Curve 8310 and 9700 both came with cases. Maybe it's just the storm line doesn't come with them because of the touchscreen? Shot in the dark, I have no idea
    06-14-10 07:23 PM
    It's carrier choice on what exactly RIM includes with the packaging. Often some carriers decide they want no "extras" in the package to keep their wholesale costs down. Other times, they'll pony up the extra $0.03 per package and have RIM include a nice skin or holster.
    06-14-10 07:42 PM
    the Tour and Bold 9650 also came with a leather Holster on Verizon
    06-14-10 07:44 PM
    Every blackberry I've had on AT&T has come with a holster..
    My 9700 on TMobile came with a holster, BUT my gf's 8520 on TMobile didn't come with any case/holster at all.
    06-14-10 08:30 PM
    All of my BBs have been through AT&T. The Pearl and the Bold had no case
    included. The 8900 came with the OEM pouch. The first 9700 came with the pouch
    but the second, replacement one came with an OEM BB case and an aftermarket
    side pouch.
    06-14-10 09:07 PM
    It's carrier choice on what exactly RIM includes with the packaging. Often some carriers decide they want no "extras" in the package to keep their wholesale costs down. Other times, they'll pony up the extra $0.03 per package and have RIM include a nice skin or holster.
    That makes sence I just would think they would have given the case since it was such a pretty phone and so it wouldn't get messed up. But I gotta say the case that came with my bold is very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:28 PM
    Yep, like blaze mentioned...carriers choice.

All my BB's came with a case minus my Storm1. Seems most Storms don't come with one for some reason...even my free 8100 came with a pouch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 11:16 PM
    The 9700 I got the day it was released on ATT came with a nice holster AND the premium headphones. Other carriers seemed to just give the phone and the crappy headphones.
    06-15-10 09:06 AM
    My T-Mobile account should have come with a roll of quarters!
    06-15-10 09:09 AM
    I've taken every case i've gotten with a phone and tossed in my electronics landfill. Same with earphones. They all to generic for my liking.
    06-15-10 09:17 AM
    I've taken every case i've gotten with a phone and tossed in my electronics landfill. Same with earphones. They all to generic for my liking.
    the one my friend got with her pearl did look pretty generic, it was just a little pouch that the phone slid into and diddnt even go all the way down but the one i got wit my 9700 is very nice. its leather(im guessing fake but still looks nice) and pretty sturdy belt clip and the magnetic latch thingy on it, i personally dont like the look of the cases that go on your phone like the otterbox i think its called, i prefer to keep my phone naked and just have a case on my belt i can put my phone in
    06-21-10 03:58 AM
    I never got a BB without a case with Rogers Wireless. I can't see how a carrier can justify not giving out cases - its only going to lead to problems.
    06-21-10 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD