I have been using the Bold for the past two weeks now and although it has some great features I am getting really ... at the constant rebooting the Bold does to itself.

In one day it did it 12 times, and makes it ... impossible for someone who is trying to run a business. I publish magazines and am on the go from dawn til dusk and my phone is my lifeline to my staff, advertisers, contributors etc and to have it constantly shutting itself down ... .

RIM -... make a phone that deserves to be called BOLD, not something that at the moment is going to get thrown into the drawer here in my office and I will go back to either my Curve or the Nokia E71, which unlike the Bold is totally reliable.

Ned Dawson
    Last edited by KiwiNed; 09-08-08 at 08:08 PM.
    09-08-08 03:51 PM
    Need any writers for your magazines?
    09-08-08 03:54 PM
    Yikes! Could it be possible that you have a defective unit? I know the Bold has had some problems but yours seems kind of extreme. I think I wold call your carrier and ask for a replacement.
    09-08-08 03:56 PM
    get rid of .134
    go to something official and you will see a big change
    09-08-08 04:06 PM
    And in case anyone asks it came with the .134 version software.
    Are you sure that it's 134 "Applications"? Did you buy direct from your service provider or an unlocked version from some independent source? I wasn't aware that 134 was out of beta yet.
    09-08-08 04:57 PM
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I know if it were happening to me, I'd be just as frustrated. I think it's your device. I'm running an unlocked Rogers on at&t here (.134) in the US with no problems at all.
    09-08-08 05:26 PM
    That's quite frustrating!

Try reinstalling the OS from scratch again, it may be something gone bad while installing. Perhaps even try an older build..

I would say that this is NOT normal behaviour. I have used the BOLD personally since May, and nothing like that ever happened..
    09-08-08 05:48 PM
    ****. I had no idea the new OS has many bugs. I will wait a year for RIM to fix the problem.
    09-08-08 06:15 PM
    Uhhh...no carrier has even launched .134 as of yet, so what I am thinking is you may want to get the OS and do a reload of it cause something just is not right there that it reboots that many times.
    09-08-08 07:05 PM
    That's not normal behavior. I haven't had a single reboot....or lockup/free
    09-08-08 10:24 PM
    I've never had a single reboot or lockup. Your unit is defective or some software you installed is incompatible.

Really, the 9000 is pretty much the best phone I've ever had. Much MUCH more reliable than my old E71.
    09-08-08 11:25 PM
    Two thought:

1. A smart businessman shouldn't trust his business on first-generation toys and beta OSs. The manufacturing yields on consumer electronics is always poorest during the rollout phase.

2. My grandfather used to say, "Only a poor craftsman blames his tools".

My $0.02, FWIW.
    09-08-08 11:26 PM
    I've had a very minimal amount of reboots in the 2 weeks ive been using the device (unlocked from HK using in South Africa) ...

A downgrade to the official .126 might be a good idea!
    09-09-08 02:14 AM
    I had exactly the same problem, not as many reboots, but 6 in oe day!

I had upgraded from 0.92 - 0.134 having bought SIM free from CPW in UK.

Carrier 02.

Did a few battery pulls and the screen eventually went wite with a "code 205 error"

Did three battery pulls and three restarts and eventually it rebooted and seems to be working ok now.

I have had no recurrence of the problems since.

Google maps working ok
    BB maps working ok
    09-09-08 03:08 AM
    After moving to .134 I've never had a problem with the handset rebooting.

You have a major issue with your handset and possibly a hardware problem. RETURN THE HANDSET !
    09-09-08 03:14 AM
    Sounds like a default handset kiwined!! I never even had any reboots on .92 which IMO was awful.

Good luck :-)
    09-09-08 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD