some of you are on da crack. it is not rim, it is the carriers that market.
    The bunk of the marketing (particularly TV adds) comes from the carriers, yes, but manufacturers like RIM also do some marketing (usually in print).
    08-30-11 11:04 PM
    And this won't happen until QNX everyone knows this. But to be far, from an iphone 4 to 5 I am guessing won't be a huge change. The 9900 is a much better device than the 9700 in most people's opinion I would guess....... So yes your 9900 does everything you 9700 does. I bet the ip5 does everything the ip4 does
    +1 exactly

iPhone has been doing the same incremental upgrades (starting with a basic feature set inferior to even mid level feature phones) and getting raves for years, but Android and BB make similar software upgrades, dong make enough physical changes, and get their chops busted for not making enough changes.
    08-30-11 11:11 PM
    I went to 4 Rogers stores to see if I could test one out at launch day. Only had dummy phones out but all the sales reps that I talked to in the store were rocking a 9900 as their new phone. Had me sold. All the reps raved about the phone. I have had a lot of people ask me about the phone too so word does get around. Wish RIM would pump out some cool ads on the phone and it would sell a lot of them.
    08-30-11 11:18 PM
    I went to Sprint stores the day the 9930 and 9850 went on sale and they had working models of each on display and a bunch of people checking them out. Why blame RIM for a choice made by certain carriers and stores?
    Go to an att store and see if the iphone is not on display, Apple provides them with giant banners and a special kiosk just to show off there phone smh its no lie Rim sucks at marketing, I havent seen one bb 9900 commercial and i see millions of if you haven an iphone commercial
    08-30-11 11:21 PM
    Go to an att store and see if the iphone is not on display, Apple provides them with giant banners and a special kiosk just to show off there phone smh its no lie Rim sucks at marketing, I havent seen one bb 9900 commercial and i see millions of if you haven an iphone commercial
    It's more than that, the display models and signing are contractually MANDATED by Apple.
    08-31-11 12:47 AM
    It's more than that, the display models and signing are contractually MANDATED by Apple.
    Exactly. This is why I hold RIM responsible.
    08-31-11 06:59 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD