So, I've had my phone for less than one month and the area around the side (since I have white Bold it's the little silver part) is loose. But it's just the right side. I have an iSkin case and I was wondering if it could come loose from taking the case on and off. I really don't want to send it in for repair as I've sent in a previous phone and they gave me downgraded BB for a month while the repair was taking place. Does anyone else have this issue?

Edit: I went into Telus and an associate convinced me it was normal 'give'.
    Last edited by laurah2215; 04-01-11 at 08:49 PM.
    04-01-11 06:47 PM
    You mean the bezel to the right of screen? I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, if it's a cosmetic or anything not related to the functionality of the phone, I would just leave it. You'll eventually drop your phone or it'll get worn out from use and you won't care and you'll probably get a new phone by then.
    04-01-11 09:08 PM
    Can you post a picture of it? The only little silver part I can think of is the bottom charging pin, otherwise its just the bezel. The bezel won't come off easy as its held by clips on the sides and bottom, but the charging pin can easily fall off if its loose and you apply moderate force, enough to bend it. Otherwise, you will be just fine.

Changing the bezel/housing in the 9780 or 9700 is extremely easy, in fact, they are two of the easiest phones to have that done and you can swap the bezel in like 10 minutes.

But if you are still under warranty, you may just either send it in for repair (if it broke by itself) or just stay with it like that until the warranty is over, thereafter, change the bezel. If you don't give a crap about the warranty, then you can do it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-01-11 at 09:33 PM.
    04-01-11 09:28 PM
    Yeah, it's the bezel part I guess (the silver piece that runs the perimeter of the side of the phone). The guy at Telus said it was normal. It's loose particularly around the volume keys, and he said it was just 'give' around the buttons. I guess it's fine but it just bothers me. I put a RIM skin on it because I felt that removing the iSkin case (that wasn't flexible) might be causing some issues. The regular skin will be flexible and easy for whenever I need to do a battery pull.
    04-02-11 10:22 AM
    You don't need to remove your skin to do a battery pull... just press Alt + Right Shift + Delete
    04-02-11 10:25 AM
    Just got my 9780 bold 2 days ago and I also experienced similar problems. The silver bezel on both left and right parts are not tight as it should be. There are very small gaps, so when I press the side of the bezel, there is some free play. Not a very good feeling to have for a new phone. I took a look at 2 other new units which also have the same issues. Apparently it is a common issue. I just put a case on it and forget about it.
    08-11-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD