Long story short - had a bold 9780 for a few years. But eventually, Android-Fever got the best of me and I bought a MyTouch 4g, which by the way, has to be the worst phone ever invented in the history of phones.

In due time, I knew... I just knew I had to come back to Blackberry. It's simplicity. It's reliability. It's impressive multithreading capability. I couldn't get it out of my head.

I began to hold resentment against my MyTouch. Always degrading it. Telling it how much of a horrible phone it was. Humiliating it. Looking at other phones, and touching them, while holding the MyTouch. I became moody, blaming the MyTouch for everything wrong with my life. Playing that deadly game of purposely draining the battery out, just to watch it fade to black while laughing at it. Then, reviving it with a charge, only to yank out the battery moments before it finished booting up. I would often wake up at night... reach for my phone, and begin typing on the physical keyboard while half-asleep... only to realize I had that g'd MyTouch. Yeah... I admit. I wasn't a very good person. I did a lot of bad things that I probably shouldn't have done. But looking back... I couldn't help it. It was as if I had become possessed.

I saw a few doctors. I few experts in the area of "Displaced Phone Identity Disorder", but none of them helped. I knew... I just knew what the answer was, and finally.... about 4 days ago, I did it. I couldn't wait for the Q10, I broke down and got a 9900... and let me tell you now... my god am I HAPPY!!!! I've had the phone for about 4 days... and every time I look at it, I smile and tear up. God I missed my blackberry! You can't imagine what a relief this is! I am so g'd happy!!!!!
    04-21-13 08:38 AM
    No o o o o you could have had the q10.
    Great post and have fun with your bold its a awesome phone I kind of miss mind
    Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-21-13 11:39 AM
    and let me tell you now... my god am I HAPPY!!!! I've had the phone for about 4 days... and every time I look at it, I smile and tear up. God I missed my blackberry! You can't imagine what a relief this is! I am so g'd happy!!!!!
    Get a leather pouch, it makes it even more fun and such satisfaction, slipping it in and out of the case.. Yes we all are a little sick, and that's OK. It is a crackberry addiction. I know I am seriously sick when I pull out my 9900 and just look at it even when it is not blinking, or just reply e-mails by typing and typing and typing... while other people in my company just reply with "OK, I will get back to you" because they hate typing on their devices.

I had half the satisfaction but a lot of fun with Z10, but it was no 9900.. it wasn't enough dosage to satisfy my addiction. Once they reformulate it with stronger ingredients and proper compound, I will give it another "shot".
    04-22-13 01:41 PM
    Get a leather pouch, it makes it even more fun and such satisfaction, slipping it in and out of the case.. Yes we all are a little sick, and that's OK. It is a crackberry addiction. I know I am seriously sick when I pull out my 9900 and just look at it even when it is not blinking, or just reply e-mails by typing and typing and typing... while other people in my company just reply with "OK, I will get back to you" because they hate typing on their devices.

I had half the satisfaction but a lot of fun with Z10, but it was no 9900.. it wasn't enough dosage to satisfy my addiction. Once they reformulate it with stronger ingredients and proper compound, I will give it another "shot".
    Goodness! While reading your reply I had to stop, grab my 9900 and take a hit -just stare at it with fond appreciation for a few moments...enjoying my buzz. Leaving Blackberry was an eye-opening experience, and it has caused me to return with great appreciation. Sure, there's more apps with other phones, but honestly, I don't need 7,413 apps. I don't need an app to tell me it's time to take a dump or an app that tells me to do anything. I really love this phone!
    Last edited by ce71; 04-23-13 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Operator Malfunction
    04-23-13 03:07 PM
    Well, I can't wait to get my charging pod so I can look at it even more, right on my desk.
    04-23-13 03:32 PM
    Well, I can't wait to get my charging pod so I can look at it even more, right on my desk.
    My wife and I went to grab some take-out food last night. While waiting, another guy walks in to pick up his order, and guess what he unholstered and started using in front of everyone? You guessed it... a 9900! I was so darn excited, I turned to my wife and said, "Honey, I'm not into men, but if I were - that's my guy right there!"

I was supposed to be working from home today, but instead, I spent hours reviewing many 9900 videos (unboxings, reviews, versus, etc). I might even stay up tonight and keep going.
    Last edited by ce71; 04-24-13 at 07:35 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    04-24-13 07:25 PM
    The BB 9900 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-24-13 11:04 PM
    My wife and I went to grab some take-out food last night. While waiting, another guy walks in to pick up his order, and guess what he unholstered and started using in front of everyone? You guessed it... a 9900! I was so darn excited, I turned to my wife and said, "Honey, I'm not into men, but if I were - that's my guy right there!"

I was supposed to be working from home today, but instead, I spent hours reviewing many 9900 videos (unboxings, reviews, versus, etc). I might even stay up tonight and keep going.
    Yeah OK, that's a bit over the top, might need medication, and a strong one if I may add...

I was at Macy's the other day and the guy was typing something, I immediately recognized the bezel and top button, it was a 9900! I wanted to buy him a pair of socks, but I thought it would be way too weird.
    04-26-13 03:20 PM
    Yeah OK, that's a bit over the top, might need medication, and a strong one if I may add...

I was at Macy's the other day and the guy was typing something, I immediately recognized the bezel and top button, it was a 9900! I wanted to buy him a pair of socks, but I thought it would be way too weird.
    Well, I can't blame you. Couple years back when I had my 9780, I was at a red light when suddenly Wwwwwaaaack! Someone smashed into my rear end. I was so pissed, but fortunately had my seat-belt on and only minor whiplash. Anyway, I get out of the car and approach the other driver. He asked if we could settle it out of pocket because he was in some hot water with his insurance. I insisted we call the police and file a report to give to our insurance companies. He pulled out his phone to dial 911, and I noticed he had a 9780. I said, "Oh goodness! Blackberry?!?" Next thing I knew 2 hours had passed by as we were just chatting it up about our 9780. We exchanged emails and called it a day without any police or insurance companies.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    04-27-13 02:11 PM
    Well, I can't blame you. Couple years back when I had my 9780, I was at a red light when suddenly Wwwwwaaaack! Someone smashed into my rear end. I was so pissed, but fortunately had my seat-belt on and only minor whiplash. Anyway, I get out of the car and approach the other driver. He asked if we could settle it out of pocket because he was in some hot water with his insurance. I insisted we call the police and file a report to give to our insurance companies. He pulled out his phone to dial 911, and I noticed he had a 9780. I said, "Oh goodness! Blackberry?!?" Next thing I knew 2 hours had passed by as we were just chatting it up about our 9780. We exchanged emails and called it a day without any police or insurance companies.
    Wow.. SOFT SPOT!
    You know what, you are superman and someone else pulling out a blackberry- is your kryptonite.
    04-28-13 12:09 AM
    so you guys still hnging out and chatting?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Titan500J likes this.
    04-28-13 06:46 AM
    Funny thing about most Blackberry users. Were a tight group. I bet that would not have happend if you were Android or Iphone users!!!!!!!!
    04-29-13 12:23 AM
    I just returned to my Bold 9900 (kind of waiting for the Q10) from iPhone 5. I agree, BlackBerry users have a deeper loyalty. I feel excited to be back with my BlackBerry, but do not regret leaving my iPhone behind.
    sbx9900 and GlamGemini like this.
    04-29-13 01:07 AM
    Glad you came back to BlackBerry. My first BlackBerry ever was an unlocked BlackBerry Pearl 8130. I loved the phone a lot. The only problem I ever had with it was the track ball, it went out on me. I replaced the track ball, then a day after I replaced the track ball, I went to work and I dropped my BlackBerry Pearl on the ground. My coworker ran it over with the forklift while backing up. I was disappointed because it was a great phone. A few months later, I went to get an upgrade on my flip phone, a Motorola Razor i had that replaced my old blackberry until I upgraded. I decided to upgrade to a new phone and at the time the brand new "best phone on the market" was an HTC HD2, man that phone sucked. My buddy had just gotten the BlackBerry 9780 at the time. He loved it, and I thought my HTC HD2 was better than the blackberry 9780. I was dead wrong, that piece of **** phone broke within 5 months, screen cracked and it wouldn't stop freezing. I stayed with it for another year, finally I went back to BlackBerry and got a white 9780 myself. I love that phone. I stayed with it from the beginning of 2011 until I finally upgraded to my BlackBerry Z10. Bottom line, I love BlackBerry

Your story was a lot funnier.

Posted via CB10
    GlamGemini and sbx9900 like this.
    04-29-13 04:15 AM
    It looks like OP has made it to the 9900 party. It's almost over though...the Q10 is just around the corner....another party!!!
    04-29-13 01:17 PM
    I can certainly understand, coming back , for me there is nothing that can compare to the Bold 9900, it looks like no other phone, its got BIS , track pad and much more , and is a very efficient work tool what more does one you need. I travel a lot internationally , there is no other system out that is economical with data usage when you are roaming like good old BB 7.

Alex
    GlamGemini likes this.
    04-29-13 02:06 PM
    you mistaken, the party is just starting , we all need the Z10 & Q10 to do well if we want to remain BB enthusiast.......But the only way I'm gonna leave BB7 is when BB10 has BIS .
    GlamGemini likes this.
    04-29-13 02:15 PM
    ...MyTouch 4g, which by the way, has to be the worst phone ever invented in the history of phones.
    Agreed!! My Husband has a MyTouch 4g Slide. It kept jumping out of his holster & hitting the ground.
    I thought maybe the MyTouch was trying to end its existence early, but after reading your experience,
    maybe my husband has been assisting in its demise.

At this point my Husband is using my former phone, a 9700 & he's so much happier.
    I love my 9900 & don't have much interest in the Z10 & Q10, so I'm watching for a good price on a new 9900 for him.

Thanks for your post, it made my day!
    ce71 and GlamGemini like this.
    04-29-13 02:42 PM
    I love my 9900 & don't have much interest in the Z10 & Q10, so I'm watching for a good price on a new 9900 for him.
    Your comment is my favourite. Wholeheartedly agree with you. Why change something reliable for something that's newer, just because trend dictates it?

BerryBubbles and GlamGemini like this.
    04-29-13 11:14 PM
    Your comment is my favourite. Wholeheartedly agree with you. Why change something reliable for something that's newer, just because trend dictates it?
    Wow...Thank You! I expected to be blasted by people for not being on the New Blackberry Bandwagon.
    I have nothing against the new OS10, I'm just happy with what I have.
    04-30-13 12:58 AM
    Anytime, dear. Maybe i'm just thinking old fashioned (despite my age). Even if we could afford anything we wish for, could we really appreciate all those gadgets (for hobby or working purposes doesn't matter), would they making our life happier?
    Enjoy what we own/use, regardless of maker, newest or older model number.

04-30-13 02:07 AM

lol
    you guys do understand that blackberry would have died if they hadn't come out with something more attractive?

consumer is king, and right now more people want devices that are completely touch, lots of apps and things like that.

04-30-13 06:11 AM
    And that's fine. Never got excited by what majority wants. Does that mean everyone should act the same? I've just welcomed Her decision, which was simple and direct.

04-30-13 07:15 AM
    Just wanted to mention again, the feeling you get when you return to 9900 is not only there when coming back from another platform like Android, but also when coming back from Z10, and I am not talking about lack of keyboard, -my guess is it would very much apply to Q10 as well-, it's the whole 9900 and OS 7 experience, so regardless of what other phone one gets, if they love their 9900 (or loved 9700 and want something better) there is no leaving.

I am sure OS10 will get there one day, but today is not that day.

04-30-13 09:18 AM
    I am on the way back. my wife and I "upgraded" to samsumg s 3 in march, and I really hate that thing.
    The keyboard, the phonebook, the battery life and the dim screen.
    So today I bought a slightly new 9900 att and will change back this weekend.
    My previous blackberry was the first torch and I liked it for at least 3 years.

Can't wait for the weekend
    05-01-13 06:55 PM
30 12