Hi guys,

I have a friend who wants to claim her warranty to RIM, however, the situation is that her phone is "ROGERS" and is unlocked to be used with T-Mobile. So, she contacted RIM, and apparently after unlocking the phone the warranty for the BB Bold is voided.

Is there anyway she can restore the network lock? Make it LOCKED for Rogers only?

Thanks a lot.

Rhalim
    02-07-09 05:31 PM
    Unlocking doesn't void the warranty, RIM makes the unlock codes. AFAIK, there is no way to re-lock a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 07:33 PM
    Let us take the case that you had an ATT phone and had ATT give you the unlock code to travel overseas ... you did not void the warranty.

The same here, you had a Rogers phone that is unlocked for perhaps the same reason. Then you moved from Canada to the US and do not have Rogers service. Tell RIM that you have this phone, do not have the original receipt (if they ask) and want to establish service with their US provider but the phone is not working. Do not tell them about the TM situation. Under those conditions RIM will likely provide the service.
    02-07-09 07:45 PM
    How come I never thought about it.!!! Lol...

Thanks guys...

Let us take the case that you had an ATT phone and had ATT give you the unlock code to travel overseas ... you did not void the warranty.

The same here, you had a Rogers phone that is unlocked for perhaps the same reason. Then you moved from Canada to the US and do not have Rogers service. Tell RIM that you have this phone, do not have the original receipt (if they ask) and want to establish service with their US provider but the phone is not working. Do not tell them about the TM situation. Under those conditions RIM will likely provide the service.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:55 PM
    For the record, there is no way to re-lock a phone once it's been unlocked. Not by accident, not even on purpose.
    02-07-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD