Hey guys, just got another Bold (my other 6 month old was stolen at the gym) and plugged into my computer an updated it from 12/08 the last backup. I noticed some weird things and I just wanted to check with you guys. My old phone in 12/08 was a Curve.

1. When it re-added my contacts/phone-logs/etc I lost the few people I added when I just got the phone, is that normal?

2. After I restored it the icons were all jumbled around, and the settings were weird, all back to normal now, after some tweaks.

3. When the BBM contacts we're re-added, they all have red x's next to there names, what does that mean? Also I added 5 BBM contacts before the restore, and I don't see them there anymore.

4. I might be delusional but I feel the way the bbm chat looks changed, when I restored the phone. Can anyone show me a screenshot of them in a BBM conversation on a Bold? I could swear the colors of the names changed!?

Thanks.
    06-10-09 06:01 PM
    anything change you did inbetween 12/08 and now will not be on your phone. i have done this multiple times.
    06-10-09 10:25 PM
    When you load a backup it deletes any info that is currently on your Berry. You may have too get your bbm contacts to accept you as your PIN# is different now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 10:55 PM
    In the future, before you click OK to do the Restore, untick the little box that says Delete old info before restoring.
    06-10-09 10:58 PM
    Switched several devices and never had a problem
    06-11-09 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD