Just wondering if I get a Bold 9650 next week and I back it up with all my apps and settings from my backed up Storm2 9550 file will that happen successfully or should I just reload all apps from scratch?

Thanks.

BTW: I have SocialScope on my Storm2 will it be an easy transfer to my Bold 9650?

Thanks Again
    06-02-10 02:26 PM
    It will work, but the better option is to use the Device Transfer Wizard that is built in to Desktop Manager. Also you should follow, CX's instructions for making a full 3rd party apps backup first also, as sometimes app transfers go awry.

Did you get your Apps at the CB apps store? The App Store has a PIN change function that will help you transfer your paid apps and get new codes so you can continue to use many of the apps you have already paid for, and also change to non touch version when they exist.
    06-02-10 02:33 PM
    It will work, but the better option is to use the Device Transfer Wizard that is built in to Desktop Manager. Also you should follow, CX's instructions for making a full 3rd party apps backup first also, as sometimes app transfers go awry.

Did you get your Apps at the CB apps store? The App Store has a PIN change function that will help you transfer your paid apps and get new codes so you can continue to use many of the apps you have already paid for, and also change to non touch version when they exist.
    Great reply. I am still on my first BB and have no experience when getting a new one. I will use the Device Transfer Wizard. Thanks for your help. I am not worried about my apps. I only have two or three and will just re-download them.
    06-02-10 02:36 PM
    Yea I have some CB appstore and some app world so I'm good there thanks. I'm using a mac so I thought the 3rd party app backup didn't work on OSX? Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 03:59 PM
    Just keep in mind not all storm apps will work, u might need to get the ones compatible with the new bold (non touch screen)

06-02-10 05:07 PM
    thanks for the info... device transfer wizard should make things for me go a lot easier.
    06-02-10 06:12 PM
    Yea I have some CB appstore and some app world so I'm good there thanks. I'm using a mac so I thought the 3rd party app backup didn't work on OSX? Thanks for the help.

Yea the Mac will throw a monkey wrench in there, but the wizard SHOULD work, worstcase, you should be able to get the apps back from the store and from app work AFTER the switch over.
    06-02-10 06:48 PM
    Ok thanks for the help everyone. I'll be sure to try all these suggestions but I'll know for sure when I pick up my Bold in a couple days. (early pickup for me)

Thanks

06-02-10 11:03 PM
    Other than the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, is there a well-regarded third-party backup program? I have a 9650, which is my first BlackBerry.

I've moved over from the world of Windows-based smartphones, including fairly recent models. In that realm there are programs that totally back up *everything* on the device, including apps, data, operating system - all of it.
    06-08-10 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD