So yesterday I put my bold on a shelf while fixing my WC tank, and it slipped and fell headfirst into the tank, covered only by the silicone holster everyone uses. Quickly noticing, I took it out and immediately removed battery, sim and memory card. and put it on top of the bed while googling a solution...

Enter, the rice bowl. I put it, screen up, inside a bowl of rice for 24 hours, battery alongside it. 24 hours later I took it out, put the battery in and tested it. SUCCESS! The phone worked fine, except for a few water spots inside the screen. I recovered every contact and setting and decided to put it back under the rice, see if the moisture goes away. I've read about spots lasting over a week or so (and I do have another bold around so I can just leave it there)

Any other suggestions mates? At least my baby is working now
    08-12-09 03:23 PM
    LOL....I've got to ask: was it a bowl of raw or cooked rice?
    08-12-09 07:29 PM
    Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I did the rice trick and everything works fine!!
    08-12-09 09:27 PM
    hows the performance?? i dropped my old nokia in a bucket of water once.. it was fine the next day, but i noticed the batt life was alot shorter, and it ran slower.. I hope nothing happens to ur bold!
    08-12-09 09:38 PM
    LOL....I've got to ask: was it a bowl of raw or cooked rice?
    if your seriously asking this, lemme seriously ask you something. would fully water saturated, cooked rice be able to absorb any moisture from the phone?

dry dude......dry. do people dump wet sand or soaked speedy dry to clean up fluid spills?
    08-13-09 05:19 AM
    UPDATE: 24 hours later, turned it on again. Screen was spotless. Everything else worked fine. Since I want to exchange the silver bezel anyway, cause the old one has chipped away, and now has black spots, I'm taking it to a tech so he can check out the inside of the phone, mainboard circuits and such, when he changes the bezel, for rust and whatnot. I'll report after that, but so far the phone looks perfect.
    Last edited by bored; 08-13-09 at 11:43 PM.
    08-13-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD