I'm not sure if it's my phone only (I have the Bold, first bb for me, =P), but when I reply to an SMS, the screen looks as though I'm composing a new SMS from scratch, whereas, when I was using my brother's curve, replying to an SMS would allow you to see any previous SMS's in that history in the same screen... is there any way to change my view settings? Or will an update on the firmware help this?
    09-01-08 12:11 AM
    Maybe you don't have your Bold set to show previous items. Go to Options > SMS Text > Number of previous items, set this to how many ever you want.
    09-01-08 12:16 AM
    Yes I have that set to 20... it's not that I can't see previous messages, after I hit reply, I'll have to scroll down a whole page in order to see them. Whereas, on my brother's curve and a friend's bold, they have those messages about 3 lines down and they can reply to any questions in the previous text without doing any scrolling.
    09-01-08 12:30 AM
    I don't seem to be having that problem... I am running an older OS though. Which one do you have running?
    09-01-08 09:44 AM
    I just installed the .134 OS... I don't see any changes except for lost 3rd party apps, =(. This texting feature is a little thing, but it's bugging me a lot... I hope someone has a solution for me.
    09-01-08 09:54 AM
    Able to repro here. Just like you say, page gap between your new message and the message you're replying to!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 10:34 AM
    Yes I have that set to 20... it's not that I can't see previous messages, after I hit reply, I'll have to scroll down a whole page in order to see them. Whereas, on my brother's curve and a friend's bold, they have those messages about 3 lines down and they can reply to any questions in the previous text without doing any scrolling.
    I don't understand what you are explaining then.
    09-01-08 10:48 AM
    Yes, this is exactly what I meant... there's a page gap between the message I'm composing and then the message I'm replying to.
    What does repro mean?
    09-01-08 11:14 AM
    Maybe it's an OS bug.

repro = reproduce.
    09-01-08 11:29 AM
    I've already updated to the most current OS of .134... What else could it be? Anyone else having the same issue?
    09-01-08 11:37 AM
    Just because you have the latest OS, doesn't mean that it isn't bug free.
    09-01-08 11:42 AM
    Just curious, does everyone else's Bold do the same thing??
    09-02-08 05:38 PM
    Looks normal to me.

If I view a message in an sms chain then all the messages will be lined up.

If I reply to an sms there is a gap where I can type before the previous messages.

If this is a bug it's definitly not a show stopper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 07:34 PM
    mine has a gap between the reply area and where the previous messages start. Do have to scroll down, but the phone auto-scrolls to the bottom basically so its not really a big deal... I wouldn't let this be a deal breaker for you.
    09-02-08 10:04 PM
    mine does same also
    09-03-08 12:22 AM
    Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious, but I recently received a "loaner" blackberry 8700c and people who do not have a blackberry do not receive my SMS texts (whether original or in response to theirs). Can anyone tell me why I cannot send text messages to non-blackberry users? Thanks.
    09-03-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD