Hi,

I've had my BB since September '08 and I love it dearly. However, it gets a little bit of a beating in the process.

I would like to replace the housing as it is beginning to look a little worn. The silver trim is a little chipped, the screen has slight scratches and scuffs (tried the usual tricks with toothpaste and Brasso on these) and it's not looking at its best. My trackball is fine and the phone works well.

I've seen the housing units on eBay, but wanted some advice before committing myself. Is this worthwhile. I can see they sell for anything up to 50, but start around 20. The lower end obviously involves a lot of non-genuine product and I am not interested in this.

Unfortunately, due to my post count, I cannot post links for you to look at. The results I'm looking at in eBay are listed under "BlackBerry Bold 9000 Housing"

How do you look for counterfeits?

Is there another site which someone might recommend to me? I just want to get it right! This BB will be with me for a fair while longer. I may have to sit on my hands until the screen gets very bad before I replace it.

Thanks in advance.
    07-02-09 06:42 PM
    You can get new silver or black bezels at websites such as cnn.cn or dealsishop.com. I heard the screen is very difficult to replace because it is the LCD itself but you can even find those online (I think cnn.cn might have them).

It sounds like you should just get a new bezel which are pretty cheap especially from the websites above.
    07-02-09 06:48 PM
    You are looking for "bezel" and "LCD".
    On the LCD assembly there are four kinds:
    Search this forum for how to identify the correct part number.

Then, as above, cnn.cn is known good vendor
    07-02-09 09:28 PM
    Blackberryrepairs.co.uk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 10:06 PM
    Hi,

I've had my BB since September '08 and I love it dearly. However, it gets a little bit of a beating in the process.

I would like to replace the housing as it is beginning to look a little worn. The silver trim is a little chipped, the screen has slight scratches and scuffs (tried the usual tricks with toothpaste and Brasso on these) and it's not looking at its best. My trackball is fine and the phone works well.

I've seen the housing units on eBay, but wanted some advice before committing myself. Is this worthwhile. I can see they sell for anything up to 50, but start around 20. The lower end obviously involves a lot of non-genuine product and I am not interested in this.

Unfortunately, due to my post count, I cannot post links for you to look at. The results I'm looking at in eBay are listed under "BlackBerry Bold 9000 Housing"

How do you look for counterfeits?

Is there another site which someone might recommend to me? I just want to get it right! This BB will be with me for a fair while longer. I may have to sit on my hands until the screen gets very bad before I replace it.

Thanks in advance.
    goes to cnn.cn

they are good vendor and its OEM

the lcd will cost you bit dear
    07-02-09 10:23 PM
    Are you talking about the LCD screen itself or the cover above it? Two different things.

Check Horizon Wireless they got some nice parts, and very good service.
    07-02-09 10:26 PM
    Are you talking about the LCD screen itself or the cover above it? Two different things.

Check Horizon Wireless they got some nice parts, and very good service.
    i think she means the lcd itself cost about US$80
    07-02-09 10:29 PM
    there are no "counterfits" as there are no OEM RIM Bezels/ housing (only battery door). the quality varies from seller to seller, but in general, its pretty much all the same. some webites are more reputable than others etc etc. but in the end, your still buying aftermarket quality parts. gl.
    07-02-09 11:58 PM
    I recommend Dealsishop.com since they ship quickly and from the USA.
    07-03-09 12:04 AM
    Thanks for your help, everyone.

I'm unsure of whether I need an LCD or just the cover above it. I suspect just the cover?
    07-03-09 01:34 PM
    I always thought that the Bold had no cover over the LCD. Perhaps someone can clarify for you

07-03-09 01:48 PM
    It doesn't have a cover, it's just the screen. The best investment is a screen protector. esp if you're gonna drop 80 bucks on a new lcd
    07-03-09 01:53 PM
    I see. Hence my confusion. Now that I have past 10 posts, I can show you what I mean on eBay.

OEM Blackberry Bold 9000 Full Housing Cover Fascia T6BK on eBay (end time 28-Jul-09 19:16:13 BST)

Would that solve my problems? As it seems like a much cheaper alternative to buying just the LCD. Or does it not include an LCD? I'm not sure about what they mean by "faceplate", I know what this generally means, but do you think they are referring to the bezel?

I'll have a look on the links you've supplied me now I have a moment. Thanks.
    07-03-09 02:31 PM
    I see. Hence my confusion. Now that I have past 10 posts, I can show you what I mean on eBay.

OEM Blackberry Bold 9000 Full Housing Cover Fascia T6BK on eBay (end time 28-Jul-09 19:16:13 BST)

Would that solve my problems? As it seems like a much cheaper alternative to buying just the LCD. Or does it not include an LCD? I'm not sure about what they mean by "faceplate", I know what this generally means, but do you think they are referring to the bezel?

I'll have a look on the links you've supplied me now I have a moment. Thanks.

Your link is similar to what I bought after I needed to change my housing after the Bold fell onto my concrete driveway. The LCD screen is covered by a plastic screen/faceplate and I am guessing that is what you have scratched and therefore you don't need a new LCD unit.
    It's not hard to replace it all as long as you have the proper tork screwdriver, a case opening tool (or credit card/long nails!) - there is a step by step video on youtube.
    Last edited by rjbsec; 07-03-09 at 04:02 PM. Reason: clarification
    07-03-09 04:00 PM
    Your link is similar to what I bought after I needed to change my housing after the Bold fell onto my concrete driveway. The LCD screen is covered by a plastic screen/faceplate and I am guessing that is what you have scratched and therefore you don't need a new LCD unit.
    It's not hard to replace it all as long as you have the proper tork screwdriver, a case opening tool (or credit card/long nails!) - there is a step by step video on youtube.

Thank you! I believe this comes with tools. Yes, I think you're right about the faceplate. I didn't want to just buy it from eBay, as it's coming from China and I wanted to be sure. I'll investigate the video.

Ta!
    07-03-09 04:13 PM
    Thank you! I believe this comes with tools. Yes, I think you're right about the faceplate. I didn't want to just buy it from eBay, as it's coming from China and I wanted to be sure. I'll investigate the video.

Ta!
    There are a number of UK sellers, buying from China may incur additional customs charges.
    07-03-09 04:28 PM
    it does have a cover. but its glued onto the lcd housing itself. it CAN be removed and replaced, however, its not recommended, as its a little difficult to remove and you could potentially damage your screen. but if your confident, they do sell the lcd cover piece for cheap all over the net. GL
    07-03-09 04:28 PM
    it does have a cover. but its glued onto the lcd housing itself. it CAN be removed and replaced, however, its not recommended, as its a little difficult to remove and you could potentially damage your screen. but if your confident, they do sell the lcd cover piece for cheap all over the net. GL
    x2

It is not recommended to try and replace the LCD screen cover. Many have tried, most unsuccessfully. It is glued to the LCD and very difficult to replace without cracking the LCD itself.

If you are concerned about screen scratches, you should've bought a screen protector.

At this point, your best bet is a new LCD!
    07-03-09 04:39 PM
    Hi all,just want to ask..izzit possible if we just change the silver trim part on our bold?will it void our bold waranty?

07-03-09 06:39 PM
    Yes and yes

07-03-09 07:35 PM
    When I remove my battery cover I see 5 torx head screws
    And 1 with a blank head, is that a pin or an anti tamper device

07-03-09 11:23 PM
    that would be a sticker that says to them you voided the warranty if you touch it
    07-03-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD